[AI] CoronaAI Fix

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ssmit132
Engineer
Engineer

[AI] CoronaAI Fix

Post by ssmit132 »

CoronaAI is a small AI that puts a bus service in every town, a simple way to help them expand. However, it had a couple of issues - understandable since libik made it in a couple of days to keep him occupied! - and I decided to look into fixing them, which led me to making more modifications, etc...

So here is my first addon for OpenTTD after who knows how many years playing: CoronaAI Fix. It's a version of CoronaAI that preserves the simple original behaviour for the most part, while fixing some issues. It is available for download on Bananas, separate from the original AI.

A full list of important changes can be found on the Git repository - which is available under an MIT license like the original - but the main changes are:
  • Should work with more (but not all) combinations of NewGRF road vehicles and road types. Most notably, and the original problem I wanted to fix, it shouldn't fail to build anything when there are trams available.
  • More robust construction of infrastructure in towns, so it shouldn't only build half a service or build unconnected stations that don't work.
  • Support for loading it in existing saves; while it doesn't save anything, it detects what it's built before and doesn't repeat it.
  • Will continuously go through all towns with a year delay to (re)build in towns with no service, if they meet the conditions.
Thanks to libik for making the original CoronaAI. This was an enjoyable little project and I hope to make more contributions at some point in the future. :)

Attachments
Preview.png
Preview of the AI's progress after 50 years in a vanilla 1024x1024 game.
(1.01 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ssmit132
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [AI] CoronaAI Fix

Post by ssmit132 »

CoronaAI Fix updated to version 2.

Changes:
  • Will not take out a loan at game start if not needed (i.e. when loading a game and it's already repaid the loan).
  • Multiple instances will have a numbered company name.
  • If a service is removed because it was unprofitable, will not attempt to rebuild the service for at least five years.
  • Will not attempt to clone buses if low on money.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”