New Netherlands Scenario

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

xxxvinniexxx
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Netherlands Scenario

Post by xxxvinniexxx »

I uploaded the 1st scn. (see first post). Normal industries is in te making and will be added soon. ECS will take a while longer.
netraam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by netraam »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:can someone upload a savegame that includes realistic connnections in the netherlands (eg Den Haag CS-LeidenCS-AmsterdamShiphol and so on) or hasnt anyone tried to set up the real-life train-network yet:P (im not asking HSL yet)
I built one, over a year ago, in a 1024x1024 scenario. Long time leecher of this forum (3 years?), I just joined to share this map. It's main structure is fairly realistic, thought many details could be improved. There isn't much space for suburban stations anyway, and there are a few stations that are nog located on the right (real) place within the city. I also started building parts of the Belgian and German networks, but they're not finished yet.

Because you could not stop town growth before version 0.6.0, I bought up most land in a ring around major cities, to structure them to realistic sizes and proportions.
NS Replica, 26 Jul 1990.png
NS Replica, 26 Jul 1990.png (59.51 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
NS Replica, 26 Jul 1990-p.sav
The savegame, last saved with 0.6.0 beta-1
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 248 times
Grolsch
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Grolsch »

netraam wrote:
ZxBiohazardZx wrote:can someone upload a savegame that includes realistic connnections in the netherlands (eg Den Haag CS-LeidenCS-AmsterdamShiphol and so on) or hasnt anyone tried to set up the real-life train-network yet:P (im not asking HSL yet)
I built one, over a year ago, in a 1024x1024 scenario. Long time leecher of this forum (3 years?), I just joined to share this map. It's main structure is fairly realistic, thought many details could be improved. There isn't much space for suburban stations anyway, and there are a few stations that are nog located on the right (real) place within the city. I also started building parts of the Belgian and German networks, but they're not finished yet.

Because you could not stop town growth before version 0.6.0, I bought up most land in a ring around major cities, to structure them to realistic sizes and proportions.
NS Replica, 26 Jul 1990.png
NS Replica, 26 Jul 1990-p.sav
Nice :)
However, the part where you call you network "fairly realistic" is disputable, as your trains are driving left :P
Beer equals power
ScrewYouHippy
Engineer
Engineer

Re:

Post by ScrewYouHippy »

Sacro wrote:
Grolsch wrote:
Sacro wrote:
Bless you...
Thank you.
Why?
Sounded like you sneezed, or maybe was reading a dictionary in the nude, and closed it too fast...

(Bonus points on offer for getting the quote nickage)

I believe that was Red Dwarf - Series Three, Episode Body Swap

(and yes, I did register purely to point that out) :)
Youri219
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Youri219 »

Maybe useful to know, I'm working on a realistic height map of the Netherlands, instead of a manually made map. It will rotated such the you can build a straight road over 'de afsluitdijk'. Unfortunately, I won't have access to a decent pc until next friday, but I will post it then. Earlier tests proved quite positive, all dunes were nicely visible and several rivers could be recognized, though they will probably need some minor fixing. Size will be 2048x2048.
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

Minor comment: Rijsen (between Almelo - Deventer) should be Rijssen with double s.

Seeing this map being produced for OTTD it might be time to step over from TTDpatch, as soon as the Dutch trainset is finished...
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
Youri219
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Youri219 »

As promised a couple of days ago, a good heightmap. There are only some minor issues which can all be fixed in the scenario editor:

The afsluitdijk is a bit too narrow, but it is exactly aligned with the grid.
Rivers are often dry, mainly caused by the lack of rivers in OTTD in general, this will require some digging.
The 'randmeren' around the 'Flevopolder' should a bit wider.
Attachments
Netherlands.png
2048x2048 map generated from google earth.
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 314 times
memento
Engineer
Engineer

Post by memento »

My first post on this forum

Based on the heightmap of the previous post, a new scenario of the Netherlands..

Since last update of openttd there is no limit to the number of cities with custom names, so this scenario has a huge number of Dutch cities and villages.
Attachments
screenshot#1.png
(55.75 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
netherlands island 2048x no industries.scn
(737.24 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Grolsch
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Grolsch »

memento wrote:My first post on this forum

Based on the heightmap of the previous post, a new scenario of the Netherlands..

Since last update of openttd there is no limit to the number of cities with custom names, so this scenario has a huge number of Dutch cities and villages.
Dude! You even put villages with less than 1000 inhabitants on the map!
Beer equals power
Niek
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Niek »

Looking great, very detailed! Are you planning on adding industries still, be it realistic or not?
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

Looks great! but I think there should be at least some coal mines in Limburg and some oil refineries at Rotterdam, 1 oil well in schoonebeek and maybe one or 2 forests around the veluwe? It would be fair not to ad to many industries as the Netherlands aren't known for their high amount of natural resources after all. (unless you count the Gas reserves and Water.....)
Youri219
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Youri219 »

It's good to see someone continued working with the height map I posted. I didn't have the patience to continue working on a scenario myself.

Lets hope the Dutch train set will get released soon (see TTDPatch graphics section).

edit: i have one request, can you replace Hazerswoude Rijndijk with Koudekerk aan den Rijn?
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Just stay up-to-date for the Dutch Trainset, take a look at our site (http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset, develop at http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/new_blueeagle), we'll keep you posted when we release the set.
Youri219
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Youri219 »

BlueEagle_nl wrote:Just stay up-to-date for the Dutch Trainset, take a look at our site (http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset, develop at http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/new_blueeagle), we'll keep you posted when we release the set.
The links on the first page are broken, they contain a backslash instead of a normal forward slash. If correct the url myself they do work. However, none of the images appear.
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Youri219 wrote:
BlueEagle_nl wrote:Just stay up-to-date for the Dutch Trainset, take a look at our site (http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset, develop at http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/new_blueeagle), we'll keep you posted when we release the set.
The links on the first page are broken, they contain a backslash instead of a normal forward slash. If correct the url myself they do work. However, none of the images appear.
That's an old version of the website, which we're currently re-developing at the Devsite. Take a look at http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/new_blueeagle to see the full site.
Alestorm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alestorm »

Heey guys,

I heard earlier that some people had problems with loading the map. I have that problem too, I have OTTD 0.5.3 and use the dutch trainset patch. Nothing more. What do I need to play this scenario?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Alestorm wrote:What do I need to play this scenario?
Probably it's made with a newer version of OpenTTD, so you'd need that newer version of OpenTTD (or even newer). This as OpenTTD can load savegames from older versions, but not from newer versions.
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

You'd really have to update your OpenTTD if you are still running the 0.5.x-series yeah... Since Content Downloading/BaNaNaS became available in OpenTTD (thought it was since the 0.7-series, or was it already in 0.6.3?) you can also download the Dutch Scenario by Purno (The Netherlands or something) through BaNaNaS. No GRFs are required to play the game.
Alestorm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alestorm »

Thanks for the fast reply! It works like crazy now ^^
Although I'll have to adapt to all the new buttons in the options menu.

Return to “General OpenTTD”