OpenTTD on DSL Linux?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Mop
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD on DSL Linux?

Post by Mop »

DSL Linux: http://damnsmalllinux.org/

I got it installed and all, but when I try to run it I get...

"openttd: error when loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

What is that file, and where do I get it, and where should I put it? If installing it would make running OpenTTD possible?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenTTD on DSL Linux?

Post by Rubidium »

DSL provides a too old version of a necessary library. Not much we can do about, except telling you to ask the DSL devs to add a newer version of that library.

Furthermore it misses SDL, so it won't do anything except the dedicated server anyway.
Mop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mop »

Ah ok. Thanks for the help.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

You can download libraries and other Linux files from some web pages. Google is your friend.

Now the package you may get may not be for DSL and may fail to install but you can manually place the file where DSL has its libraries and it my work. A long time ago I had the very same problem (same libary?) with another game and it worked. Only keep in mind that there may exist a link that refers to a different version of the library. E.G: link may say "library x version 0.7" but your Linux distribution has only 0.8 version and 0.7 is not existing. Link links to 0.8 instead. Even though there is backwards compatibility not all applications will run with 0.8. Then you delete the link and copy the correct version 0.7 which you downloaded from the web.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
eraser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eraser »

hmm i might be dumb but why dont you apt-get the dist and that should in theory install all the relevent files needed.
-M

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”