OpenGFX - Graphics Base Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [8bpp] Graphics Replacement Project - OpenGFX

Post by LordAzamath »

uzurpator wrote:There are also new replacements for tropical only, so to speak.
I've lost track in these pages.. Are they coded? If not, I might just do it :)
and for GUI I think that combining cargo icons would be a start :)
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

lordazamath wrote:
Trond wrote:Lord: page 44 cargoicons.grf is labeled as buttercup, but it isnt :)

and I dont understand how the settings for the vehicles can be copyright tbh... Names, speed, introduction date etc? And if they are, they should probably NOT be changed by this gfx project I think... atleast not untill the gfx is included in trunk I guess... Not very sure about this myself, that was why I was asking... I would love to get a new look on my trains, while keeping the good old stats and all that changes is the looks...
If needed, names can be difined by code, because currently they are hard-coded. You just can change them.
Not 100% sure what you're saying here, but if the names changed that wouldnt be a real problem, but I think 'we' should stay true to the game and keep the same year introduced, price, weight and so on... Anybody understand what I mean?

Combining cargo icons? All cargo icons are in the same grf file? v0.15...
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Trond wrote: Combining cargo icons? All cargo icons are in the same grf file? v0.15...
Yes, but next release of it would be newGUI not cargo icons anymore :)
And who knows maybe I have some WIP gui things like the text in intro screen which will soon make their way to newGUI... 8)
EDIT: And for Zephyris, I think it's safe to include current waypoints to infrastructure, so we will later not forget it. Same for oneway-road signs and stuff. Everything which we don't change should be included.. (I mean from openttdw.grf, things which are drawn separately.) We need to ask permission though for stuff like catenary or waypoints to reinclude I'm afraid..

EDIT2: I think it's kinda time to make a readme too for these things :)

madis
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

lordazamath wrote:
Trond wrote: Combining cargo icons? All cargo icons are in the same grf file? v0.15...
Yes, but next release of it would be newGUI not cargo icons anymore :)
And who knows maybe I have some WIP gui things like the text in intro screen which will soon make their way to newGUI... 8)
EDIT: And for Zephyris, I think it's safe to include current waypoints to infrastructure, so we will later not forget it. Same for oneway-road signs and stuff. Everything which we don't change should be included.. (I mean from openttdw.grf, things which are drawn separately.) We need to ask permission though for stuff like catenary or waypoints to reinclude I'm afraid..

EDIT2: I think it's kinda time to make a readme too for these things :)

madis
Well, I'f I'm getting you right, you wanne put all GUI stuff in one big GUI.grf file, wich would be perfect... And, no, I wouldnt be surprised if you had some WIP stuff laying around, I know I do :lol:

Like this pic here...
Attachments
mygui.png
mygui.png (8.99 KiB) Viewed 6969 times

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

there have been some attempts already to make new GUI. You should check some things there, because I think the cursors for example were better than yours (no offence :D ). I suggest you to check those things too. :)
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

lordazamath wrote:there have been some attempts already to make new GUI. You should check some things there, because I think the cursors for example were better than yours (no offence :D ). I suggest you to check those things too. :)
Yes, I have looked at it... My main aim was to get some code together... 'My' cursor is the MAC cursor tbh, and the default ones from the game, just made transparent... I never liked the pointer in game, and I love the MAC pointer, so it was an easy choice... The graphics is just for my own use, as its all 'stolen goods' :lol:

Bertrand Russell

DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

I did made a transmitter once, maybe it's usable. :)

I used the tv tower that is in my own neigbourhood as an example. :)
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Nice, mrX :) though I have to admit that those dots might need some tweaking.. It's good :)

Now, what do you think of these letters? these aren't based on any font, I just made it so they look almost ok :)
tahed.png
tahed.png (2.12 KiB) Viewed 6957 times
EDIT: Update:
tahed2.png
tahed2.png (2.2 KiB) Viewed 6899 times
madis
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

lordazamath wrote:
uzurpator wrote:There are also new replacements for tropical only, so to speak.
I've lost track in these pages.. Are they coded? If not, I might just do it :)
Nope. Alas, not to my knowledge.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Ok, Uzurpator, I'll get to them, when I have more time :)

Now presenting OpenGFX - newGUI v0.1
- Includes Intro fonts, cargo icons, and one additional things ;)
To see effect in start, put it to static newgrf. cargo icons work as before
a.png
a.png (33.29 KiB) Viewed 6818 times
Attachments
OpenGFX_newGUI_v0.1.grf
(3.96 KiB) Downloaded 1201 times
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Btw - is there a chance for a changed trg???.grf files to transparently change the client graphics, so other clients may use the regular?
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

The plan is to replace the trg*r.grf files with open alternatives (the graphics replacement) and add a newgrf for advanced graphics replacement.
bubersson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bubersson »

I've also tried to make a cursor. What do you think? ;)
Attachments
cursor.png
cursor.png (2.61 KiB) Viewed 6603 times
Nickman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nickman »

I like the cursor, plain and simple :). How it is supposed to be! :)
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Ok, now a little grf again. I'll include it to GUI set, when I've got other climates too :)
preview.png
preview.png (6.59 KiB) Viewed 6509 times
When not selected, it won't animate.
Attachments
preview.grf
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 1043 times
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

lordazamath wrote:...
Okay thanks for the feedback. :)

With dots you mean the sattelitedishes? I already tought they were kinda cr*p. :P

I'll try to optimize it. :)
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Mr. X wrote:
lordazamath wrote:...
Okay thanks for the feedback. :)

With dots you mean the sattelitedishes? I already tought they were kinda cr*p. :P

I'll try to optimize it. :)
It's just you don't have black outline anywhere else, and then there suddnly.. I think..
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

bubersson:

Are you sure you didn't use the standard Windows Cursor as a base? It sync's pretty well if I move my cursor over your sprite :mrgreen:

Sorry if my assumptions are wrong :P
---
Mr.X:

I think your cursor has some weird pixels standing out at the top..
---

About the toyland tree I did some pages back, I don't really have time to CC it now, nor make more toyland trees. If anyone likes to, he has full permission to CC it or base something completely new on it or whatever.. ;) I don't want to "claim" toyland trees so no one else will work on it and block the progress...
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Roujin:

It's not a cursor but a transmitter. :P The weird pixels at the top are a lot of antenna's. :wink:

----

I updated the transmitter with more smoothed dishes :) (updated a few aswell to other types). :wink:
bubersson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bubersson »

Roujin wrote:bubersson:
Are you sure you didn't use the standard Windows Cursor as a base? It sync's pretty well if I move my cursor over your sprite :mrgreen:
Sorry if my assumptions are wrong :P
:D Nope, I didn't use Windows Cursor. I've painted it pixel by pixel. (but I've tried to move win cursor over my sprite and... yeah, it's almost the same :) ) But I have another problem: my cursor doesn't look well with level-raising icons...

EDIT: or does it?

EDIT2: Is there any new graphics for those level-raising icons? because the one one my picture is copyrighted...
Attachments
cursor2.png
cursor2.png (2.61 KiB) Viewed 6476 times
Last edited by bubersson on 17 Feb 2008 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Graphics Development”