Container Freight station and harbor

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

Thanks for that list.

I've realised that I wasn't thinking properly when I said about the warehouses - they'll have to stay separate or they won't look right. The cranes are now random, though.
Also, second company colour doesn't work for stations (at least at the moment) - the wiki says "second company colour for vehicles and town houses". That means that the green bits will stay green for now.

I've moved everything into just one class ("Harbour/container freight") to reduce clutter - is that OK with you?

Finally, the (large) cranes do seem to have a slight graphical glitch if you run a train past them in certain directions. It should be acceptable, though.
Sanchimaru wrote:By the way, now that you are at it, if it's not too much work for you; would you mind to code the JR passenger stations too? they are not so big, and the hardest feature is the overpass, which works exactly the same as Michael Blunk's do.
I probably won't have enough time, unfortunately - I go back to university on Saturday and I really should get a bit more work done before then. If there aren't many sprites, though, I might be able to have a go at them.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

What a pity about the 2nd CC... well, I hope someady it will become possible. After all, we have 2 main colors for the company, it would be nice to have them shown in stations too.

If the submenu options are not too many it shall be fine to have 1 class instead of 2.

The game itself seems to have glitches with too large sprites, so the problem with the cranes you mention shall be fine... however, if there is any way I could solve it, just let me know.

If you feel like you have time enough, download the ZIP here . It includes a txt coding guide too, I hope it is easy to understand. However, tell mea bout any inconvenient you might find.
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

OK, I've just spent well over an hour trying to work out why the loading states were broken and it turns out I put "60" instead of "06" :evil:. Anyway, all is fixed now and I think I'm ready to release this to the world!

DOS and Windows GRFs are attached. There's no readme but I think everything is pretty self-explanatory.

If you have any comments (e.g. about the amount of cargo needed to trigger load states, which I think may be a little on the high side) then please post (preferably sooner rather than later) and I might change something.
Enjoy!
Attachments
harbourw.grf
Windows harbour/container port graphics (updated 12 Jan 2006)
(125.44 KiB) Downloaded 25231 times
harbour.grf
DOS harbour/container port graphics (updated 12 Jan 2006)
(125.42 KiB) Downloaded 3690 times
Last edited by Oracle on 12 Jan 2006 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Great work! thanks a lot, Oracle! you got everything inside quite fine. I just detected one detail to be polished, but not important, so don't mind if you are busy: in warehouse E (the broad one) the roof was supposed to be CC, but it isn't. Same with the small offices.

However, the work is superb, thanks a lot!
Attachments
container.PNG
container.PNG (33.27 KiB) Viewed 100655 times
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Sanchimaru, u have some ideas for my upper post? :? Goddamt i can play with it, its sooooo nice!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

ISA wrote:Sanchimaru, u have some ideas for my upper post? :?
He didn't code the station, so wouldn't know why it crashes. BE PATIENT, and someone will read your post and try to address your concern. We're not a help desk...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Raichase wrote:We're not a help desk...
and if you were, we'd have to wait for years and spend thousands on telephone bills to get answers. thank whatever god is out there somewhere that you're not a help desk. :wink:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

or you could call us a sloow help desk
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

r0b0t_b0y2003 wrote:or you could call us a sloow help desk
Yeah, but we still ain't getting paid.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Aegir wrote:
I am, dunno who you've been talking to. I get paid in Moderizzle Snacks.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

Sanchimaru wrote:I just detected one detail to be polished, but not important, so don't mind if you are busy: in warehouse E (the broad one) the roof was supposed to be CC, but it isn't. Same with the small offices.
Sorry about that, I thought I'd checked all the CC sprites...
I've updated the files in the original post now with versions that fix those.
Download links:
DOS
Windows

ISA: I don't know why you get the crash that you're reporting. As the crashlog doesn't say harbourw.grf, I'm inclined to say that it's not my problem...
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Downloaded! thanks!
By the way, I added the correspondent entry to the GRFcrawler. Now everyone can easily find it.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Oracle wrote: ISA: I don't know why you get the crash that you're reporting. As the crashlog doesn't say harbourw.grf, I'm inclined to say that it's not my problem...

The split is here, as my opinion why it aint work!
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=393085#393085
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Raichase wrote:
Aegir wrote:
I am, dunno who you've been talking to. I get paid in Moderizzle Snacks.
:lol: /me lobs a snack to the cute, little pet Moderrizle.

*Stern voice from above* (Its the SROTU): Leave that Moderrizle alone or you'll end up being Shcrizzled!
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
molace
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks

Post by molace »

oh man it's very cool. I always appreciate grf-s that make TTDX look more realistic Thank you!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Foshnizzle.

In all seriousness, this really is quite a nice station set. I haven't had any crashes or errors as of yet.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

ISA wrote:
Raichase wrote: I haven't had any crashes or errors as of yet.
But i have! :?
Yes, and that is being addressed in the thread that this was split off to form. Unless it specifies this GRF in the crashlog, it may not be this station set causing it.
ImageImage
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Nice coding job on this, Oracle. Good stuff. And Sanchimaru, this looks great in-game. Nice work aswell :).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

ok and one suggestion for harbor creators! Those cranes, can it be made so that trains can drove under them. what i mean is track under crane???
Attachments
Crane.png
Crane.png (132.34 KiB) Viewed 100217 times
Last edited by ISA on 29 Mar 2007 10:15, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Graphics Development”