YAPF - Testers needed!

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

I think KUDr will continue working on PBS. If I am wrong, please correct me.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

i hope that

PBS is a great thing (also YAPF is a very great thing)
Frostregen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Frostregen »

Nobody reported compilation errors except Watcom and VC6 (that are no longer supported due to very bad C++ support).
Guess I have to switch to something else now.
Will be Eclipse + CDT + Cygwin now.
Working fine so far :)
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

How do you get eclipse to work with the makefile? or dont you bother?
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
Frostregen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Frostregen »

What do you mean by "get eclipse to work with the makefile"?
I don't need to change anything in the makefile.
Just remove the default target "all" in eclipse, and it compiles fine.
(for a full rebuild you have to manually clean and build, but thats not a problem)
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

I think something YAPF-related crashed Brianetta's nightly server (I don't have the crash report, I just timed out, because he was hosting). What happened was that two of my trains crashed, and moments afterwards, the server went down. Attached is the savegame in .tmp format.
Attachments
network_client.zip
(596.42 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
KUDr
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by KUDr »

Thanks for that savegame. But unfortunatelly it works well for me (no asserts, crashes or any bad sign). The same as game provided by Brianetta yesterday.

But finally I was lucky and got savegame + exact case description how to reproduce it from Celestar. So it should be fixed at r5013 (also in today's nightly).

If the problem persists call your administrator. If you are your own admin then post new report (but please reproducible one) into flyspray or here.

Thanks, KUDr
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

KUDr, can you write the options in the patches screen that should be on (or off) in order to use the YAPF.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
KUDr
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by KUDr »

gkirilov: I don't understand what exactly you mean.

There are only three on/off switches for YAPF for three transport types (ships, RVs and trains). The first one (ships) has default value off, the other two are on by default.
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

I think gkirilov was asking whether NPF still needed to be on for YAPF, and what happens if NPF isn't on and YAPF is or NPF is and YAPF isn't.
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

SVN 5006, 5054, compiled in cygwin

When i enable YAPF for trains they didn't want to go to depot for servicing.

Attached save is for 5054.
Attachments
no_depot.zip
(88.57 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
KUDr
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by KUDr »

Fixed:

[08:52:00] <CIA-3> KUDr * r5057 /trunk/yapf/yapf_rail.cpp: -Fix: [YAPF] trains can't find depot for servicing (thanks Smoky555)
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Thief^ wrote:I think gkirilov was asking whether NPF still needed to be on for YAPF, and what happens if NPF isn't on and YAPF is or NPF is and YAPF isn't.
Yes, something like this.
In other words. What should be on/off in order to use YAPF, NPF, original PF.
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

KUDr wrote:Fixed:

[08:52:00] <CIA-3> KUDr * r5057 /trunk/yapf/yapf_rail.cpp: -Fix: [YAPF] trains can't find depot for servicing (thanks Smoky555)
thanks
KUDr
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by KUDr »

gkirilov: aha, sorry for misunderstanding

1) NPF overrides NTP
2) YAPF overrides both NTP and NPF so it doesn't matter if you have switched on the NPF or not
3) Forbid 90-deg works for NPF and YAPF (not for NTP). Again, it doesn't matter if you have NPF enabled or not.

I will need to make GUI texts more clear i guess
hertogjan
Director
Director

Post by hertogjan »

Is it true that YAPF tries to send my road vehicles to a competitor's depot (and vice versa)?
Answer: Yes, it even succeeds in getting my buses into someone else's depot.

This may be a bug caused by YAPF, since it doesn't happen when YAPF for road vehicles is disabled.
The problem may also be there for ships, although I haven't tested it (since the AI never builds ships). Someone may have to take a look at it, though.
KUDr
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by KUDr »

hertogjan:

5080-Fix: RVs can enter other player's depot or roadstop (introduced by YAPF related change of GetTileTrackStatus() - r4419)

did you mean that? It was my bug, sorry. But should be OK now.
hertogjan
Director
Director

Post by hertogjan »

Yes, that seems to be the right description of what I have seen.
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

Hi :)

I found a ... bug or ....

Just simulate this situation: 3 stations (A, B and C), 1 depot and 3 trains.
Two of them has this orders: Go to station A -> Goto station B
One of them has this order: Goto station B -> Goto station A.
No one has in orders station C, but when i start the game with YAPF enabled, 1 train going to station A, second going to station B and the last train going to station C (!!!) - WHY ???.
When i disable YAPF, no one going to station C (it's normal).

OpenTTD rev 5113.

Situation is like on the picture.
Attachments
3train.JPG
3train.JPG (63.42 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

That is probably because YAPF thinks that the ways to Station A/B are dead ends and the train can only pick Station C.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “OpenTTD Development”