Damaged savegame "Disconnected train"

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

GFORCE100
Engineer
Engineer

Damaged savegame "Disconnected train"

Post by GFORCE100 »

Hi all,

I've uploaded my savegame. Can someone be kind enough to figure out why I keep gettng this "Train disconnected!" error when I try to load it? I've tried various nightly builds over the last days but no go. Is it just the file header that's got damaged using the various nightly builds?

http://www.tweak3d.net/AdamHonek/OpenTDD/FFF.sav
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Is it on load? Cause I can load it fine over here and it just runs. Massive lines you got there :shock:
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
GFORCE100
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GFORCE100 »

Darkvater wrote:Is it on load? Cause I can load it fine over here and it just runs. Massive lines you got there :shock:

Hmmmm strange.

Yes when I load the game from the main menu.

I am currently using the latest nightly build but even reinstalled the official 0.4.7 and it still did the same "Train disconnected!" error.

What are you doing that I'm not? Hmmm.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

GFORCE100 wrote:What are you doing that I'm not? Hmmm.
I am doing something good :). Beats me what I am doing. Here's my openttd.cfg but don't think that makes a difference. Using r5069
Attachments
openttd.cfg
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

he is doing this :P
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
GFORCE100
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GFORCE100 »

Darkvater wrote:
GFORCE100 wrote:What are you doing that I'm not? Hmmm.
I am doing something good :). Beats me what I am doing. Here's my openttd.cfg but don't think that makes a difference. Using r5069
Downloaded your CFG file, replaced mine, loaded the game but still get the same error message.

Version 5132 here.

Must be another file that's causing it, possibly one that is replaced in each nightly build overwriting the previous version.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I did an update and had another look. Indeed, breakage. In this case it is train 171 which is right on top of a bridge at the moment in question. I presume the game breaks because the magic bridges were merged and something is not quite right.

Don't know now if this is intentional or not.
GFORCE100
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GFORCE100 »

Darkvater wrote:I did an update and had another look. Indeed, breakage. In this case it is train 171 which is right on top of a bridge at the moment in question. I presume the game breaks because the magic bridges were merged and something is not quite right.

Don't know now if this is intentional or not.
Someone must have changed the code in one of the recent nightly builds it seems then as nothing of this nature ever popped up before. The tracks aren't that complex I think so it must some specific code to do with either the bridges or trains themselves. Path finding code would not cause such an error right?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I am saying the bridges have changed massively in a recent commit and the pathfinder does not know what to do with them when loaded for a near-old savegame. It works with new games and older ones, just not the recent saves. (savegame version probably)
GFORCE100
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GFORCE100 »

Darkvater wrote:I am saying the bridges have changed massively in a recent commit and the pathfinder does not know what to do with them when loaded for a near-old savegame. It works with new games and older ones, just not the recent saves. (savegame version probably)
The thing is I saved this game maybe a week ago so there could have only been what? 7 nightly builds from then to now?

Is there some way to convert the savegame? You said it only seems to be happening to train 171? Perhaps move the train beyond the bridge a few squares?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

It is train 171 which is first processed on the bridge. There probably are 40 other trains on bridges as well. Just go back to an earlier nightly, like mine, around 5070 and you're fine until things are sorted out.
GFORCE100
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GFORCE100 »

Darkvater wrote:It is train 171 which is first processed on the bridge. There probably are 40 other trains on bridges as well. Just go back to an earlier nightly, like mine, around 5070 and you're fine until things are sorted out.
Thanks, I'll get trying nightly's then, around 5070 you say. Fingers crossed then :D
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

Well i've got the same problem with my savegames. I mostly only use a self compiled OpenTTD using patches without savegame modifications and i still got the error message. Even with a clean SVN and compilation the error occurs on a save last edited on 7th-January-2006!!! where as the in-game-date is about 1950 but i'm currently today at 2090. I even tried with a nightly from nightly.openttd.org and the same bug occurs! So indeed there's a problem with the source code. A debug build shows errors on line 2939 and 2979 in train_cmd.c if that would be any help? :)
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”