Sprite-gfx requested for 'cloning' and 'shared orders'

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Sprite-gfx requested for 'cloning' and 'shared orders'

Post by Darkvater »

For the clone-vehicles feature and shared-orders list we are looking for a new icon and a reworked one. You are also free to come up with something else.

You can see the two encircled icons. The one on the left, also currently in 'clone-icons.png' are the cursor in a small version. I tried to have a go with them, but they don't really look that good. If you have a better idea, you are welcome to come up with that.

The other is a very small train. Clicking on that opens a new window that shows all other trains that have the same shared orders. For ships it's a ship, etc. I think best would be some global icon that simbolizes 'shared order' or 'connected order', but in that small a place only in black.

You can also see the dynamite in the depot-window (blue circle). That means 'sell whole vehicle'. Would also be great to have something new for, it doesn't represent its function.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
The clone cursor and small buttons. The small buttons need a replacement primarily or an update
The clone cursor and small buttons. The small buttons need a replacement primarily or an update
clone-icons.png (2.73 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
The icons in question in action
The icons in question in action
icons.png (42.41 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Loop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loop »

Hmm, dunno if you know, but there is a big (8 pages) topic about new "Sell whole train" icon, with lots of ideas and examples:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9388
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Three proposals for shared orders and one for "sell whole train" button
Attachments
buttons.png
buttons.png (40.57 KiB) Viewed 6036 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Loop wrote:Hmm, dunno if you know, but there is a big (8 pages) topic about new "Sell whole train" icon, with lots of ideas and examples:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9388
Yes, I know. In fact I have looked through all eight pages. Only http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=226768#226768 looked usable, with some variations on it.

Thank you MeusH, the shared orders, especially the first one looks interesting. Can't really make out what the other two are.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

MeusH wrote:Three proposals for shared orders and one for "sell whole train" button
I like the one with the two lists. I'm not really sure what the other two are.
The reason why I picked the current ones are because they are small and I didn't have much room and their functionality is close to their functionality in the station window.

However I don't like the sell whole train button. Maybe if you make it look less fat and clearly show another one trash bin behind it or something
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Here is the other shared orders button
The other two were... umm.. some kind of route, and the third one was kind of a sign on a station, or a street lamp. nevermind.

The trashbin I made before was actually meant to be a wide one, not two or three bins next to eachother
Attachments
buttons2.png
buttons2.png (5.58 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I don't like the Delete Whole Train icon. A fat Trashcan doesn't really show it better than a dynamite icon does.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

i prefer this 1 (as i would, since i made it)

if you use the blues, it can even be remapable to your own colour.

this was mearly a 5 min job, if you like it i can make a better version.
Last edited by bobingabout on 01 Sep 2006 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

i made an animated train one :D
Attachments
clone172.PNG
clone172.PNG (1.19 KiB) Viewed 5962 times
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

m3henry wrote:i made an animated train one :D
Mmm, great!
I really like animated cursors of TT original. Nowdays there is a strange slowdown in OpenTTD, take a look at dynamite cursor...
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Inspired by MeusH I did this small thing.

The dubbled train is for cloning and the train with the yellow copy is ment to be for shared orders.
Attachments
clone&share.pcx
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
clone&share.png
clone&share.png (1.72 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

skidd13 wrote:The dubbled train is for cloning and the train with the yellow copy is ment to be for shared orders.
Interesting, but (at least right now) copy and share orders is the same button and holding down control will not make the window redraw.

I do wonder about one other thing though and that's the fact that we only got one sprite for all vehicles. Maybe the solution would be to use the same images as for the other buttons (for consistency) and then make sprites like the animated one, but one for each vehicle type. Also this is not just about the mouse pointer, but also the clone button in the vehicle view window.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Here is another possible solution to the single button problem. But I'm not so satisfied with the possible icon's :(. Maybe I or someone else gets a better idea. :idea: :idea: :idea:
Attachments
new.pcx
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
new.png
new.png (1.53 KiB) Viewed 5237 times
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Hmm. The paper isn't actually TTD style that much.

See if you can adapt it.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

forget about copying/sharing orders. We do not have code to select which one we use anyway....
The topic is to make cloning sprites, not shared orders sprites. MeusH just said something that's not really something we need. I would not know where to place a new button and drawing windows do not listen to the control key.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Born Acorn wrote:See if you can adapt it.Image
Check
Bjarni wrote:The topic is to make cloning sprites, not shared orders sprites.
Check

Just give me a hint in which direction you wanna the clone button (single button for all vehicle typ's)! ;) Or is nothing needed anymore?

------
|1|2|
|3|4|
------
Attachments
new2.pcx
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
new2.png
new2.png (1.52 KiB) Viewed 5180 times
---
---
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

skidd13 wrote:
Bjarni wrote:The topic is to make cloning sprites, not shared orders sprites.
Check

Just give me a hint in which direction you wanna the clone button (single button for all vehicle typ's)! ;) Or is nothing needed anymore?
actually I like the one m3henry made of the anymated cursor. We need one for each vehicle type and we need one for both the mouse pointer and one in the vehicle view window. (8 in total)
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Bjarni wrote:actually I like the one m3henry made of the anymated cursor. We need one for each vehicle type and we need one for both the mouse pointer and one in the vehicle view window. (8 in total)
As I said before, I talked to belugas and the result was the attatchment. I don't know if he has done anything more.

Edit: I did only the 16x16 images. So give credit where credit is due.
Attachments
travail_clone_icons_redraw.png
travail_clone_icons_redraw.png (3.95 KiB) Viewed 5163 times
---
---
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

skidd13 wrote: As I said before, I talked to belugas and the result was the attatchment. I don't know if he has done anything more.
In a few days, yes, i will work with what you produced.
The thing is, you did great in separating the grey and colored vehicles.
Now, it will be easier to make them one behind the other, as shown in all other sprites
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Bjarni wrote:forget about copying/sharing orders. We do not have code to select which one we use anyway....
The topic is to make cloning sprites, not shared orders sprites. MeusH just said something that's not really something we need. I would not know where to place a new button and drawing windows do not listen to the control key.
It was a response to http://tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=486695#486695 Guys just forgot we need 1 color, small icon - they started making big buttons instead.

Return to “Graphics Development”