[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

There's a new tree indeed. Nice work! There's always something to discover in SAC's screenshots :))
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

So I see you noticed the trees! :P Well, I'm looking into a possible extension of the released INFRA-Landscape set. By all means it's just a test and I need to change lots of things!

With that said, I'm aware that anything shown in the screenie below is far from ready! 8)
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:49, edited 1 time in total.
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
saint
Engineer
Engineer

Post by saint »

Wow :D . With just the one tree replaced, it looked out of place but now with the majority of the trees replaced, it looks amazing. Will be great to see what happens once you replace the few remaining ones that line the road and such.
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

A new/more realistic look for TT! 8)
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

I think _maybe_ that the darkest trees are toooooo dark :?
I thought you had 'Transparent Buildings' enabled at first...
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

The dark trees may be a bit too dark, but my god...wow...reminds me of sim city.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Actually, I've been testing some trees I originally made for another game to see if they could be implemented with TTDLX, and with some further adjustments I think they can. :P

And yes, the darkest one is a bit too dark, I agree! In fact, as this is a test I still have to work with these trees to get them to fit in more properly. If ever that is! 8) Worth a shot though!

And I did say I have problems focusing on one task at a time! :oops: :P

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

You do realize you're going to have to do a landscape-tile replacement soon enough? :P

Looking quite nice, I'll be interested to see what variation in shape/size trees you can implement.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Heya, SAC! Sorry for the late reply to your PM, but I was busy in New York Hallowe'ening. 8)

To answer your question: please by all means use and abuse my graphics as you see fit. I have absolutely no problem with anyone in our small TT community using my graphics. I am rather flattered that you like them enough to include in your set, and I appreciate that you asked permission first. So, happy pixel pushing!

BTW, INFRA is looking fantastic! Keep it up! :D

Cheers!
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Aegir wrote:You do realize you're going to have to do a landscape-tile replacement soon enough? :P
Soon enough? I've already started on that! I realized that as soon as I loaded the game to view the trees that the landscape tiles had to be taken care of simultaneously! :P
I'll be interested to see what variation in shape/size trees you can implement.
Yeah, me too! As I can't code and can't request coding help whenever I want to test something out, because it happens several times a day, I had to learn how to change the NFO-files so I at least can re-size the sprites. The only thing that doesn't make any sense to me at all is the x-rel/y-rel. So basically I have to load my game on and on to adjust those numbers! But hey, as long as I can test out all kinds of stuff I'm happy! :P
Oz wrote:Heya, SAC! Sorry for the late reply to your PM, but I was busy in New York Hallowe'ening. 8)

To answer your question: please by all means use and abuse my graphics as you see fit. I have absolutely no problem with anyone in our small TT community using my graphics. I am rather flattered that you like them enough to include in your set, and I appreciate that you asked permission first. So, happy pixel pushing!

BTW, INFRA is looking fantastic! Keep it up! :D

Cheers!
Thanks Oz! I really appreciate it! And I'm sure everyone who's sent me e-mails will be equally happy to hear this! :P

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

How are permissions coming allong then? Zimmlock just wanted his name in the credits, Oz has given a big green light to it. Have you heard from George yet?

If you can get that sorted out, count me in for coding, I have a bit of experiance with tile replacers, station and building sets ;).

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, I've written Zimmlock and awaits his reply! And George has given me clearance, although he claims he never draw all the stuff I credited him for. But he promised to get back to me! :P

So, with at least that stuff done, all I need to do is to draw construction stages! :shock:

Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Aw, hey, I always liked drawing the construction stages. They're really not that bad to draw, and with your creativity they should turn out rather nicely. With mine and Zimmlock's approvals, you could pick and choose between our stuff. If there's anything in particular that you'd like to use of mine (pickup trucks, bulldozers, etc.) just let me know, and I'll post them here.

Cheers!
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Oz wrote:Aw, hey, I always liked drawing the construction stages. They're really not that bad to draw, and with your creativity they should turn out rather nicely.
It's just that there are soo many of them! :?
With mine and Zimmlock's approvals, you could pick and choose between our stuff. If there's anything in particular that you'd like to use of mine (pickup trucks, bulldozers, etc.) just let me know, and I'll post them here.
I appreciate that very much! Feel free to post whatever you have and I'm sure I can use it somehow! :P

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Yet another "INFRA-Landscape" update, this time with less "dark" trees. Still some work to be done, but it's progressive after all! :P

Also, one of the trees, the tall one, doesn't fit the concept! I'm aware of it and will have it replaced with something different! 8)

Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

Uh, that's TTD(P)? :o
The trees are much better now, but aren't the orange trees a bit cube-ish?
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Some are still a bit too dark, in my oppinion.

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Jezulkim wrote:The trees are much better now, but aren't the orange trees a bit cube-ish?
Yes they are, but that's because I haven't adjusted the sprite size yet! Wanted to test out the appearance first before changing the NFO-values! :P
Aegir wrote:Some are still a bit too dark, in my oppinion.
Let me guess, the dark green one? :P I believe the "backside", (left side), could do with a bit lighter color!

You can compare this screenshot with the one available further up!

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Yeap, that's the one, SAC. Shadowing generally isn't quite as severe as that in TTD, which I'm sure you already know ;).

If anything just make the transition from the lighter green to the dark green go further to the edge, would help for the shape aswell methinks.

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I'll see what I can do - and also adjust the sprite sizes for a more proper appearance! Be right back!

Return to “Graphics Development”