[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Dave Worley wrote: Only messing. I think this is a silly situation caused by someone's breach of trust that has now led to a full blown Scandal (capital S)
I can remember that SAC didn't want to fully blow this scandal, perhaps we all* can calm down a little. It's not gonna help anyways.

* ignore the fact I"m only quoting Dave
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Just to clearify the situation regarding these trees as they continues to raise questions among TT-forumers;

During my own successful attempts to code a replacement .grf for the trees, (as I needed one to continue the artwork itself), I received lots of help from people with knowledge, amongst them Aegir who showed an alternative way of coding rather then doing it the old fashion .NFO writing style. While showing this alternative way Aegir posted the uncompiled files for me to study. A couple of days later on I started to notice myself that these trees all of sudden appeared in screenies from several TT-forumers, making me wonder who'd started distributed a coded tree file. Disappointed I made a post about this and declared my points of views in this very thread. The situation was later sorted out - or so I thought!

The problem is that other forumers, many of them waiting for this entire INFRA-Landscape.grf to be released, also noticed these trees in several other forumers screenies. And as a result questions about where to find and download this file began to float around - and fully understandable if you ask me!

So, the situation for now is as follows;

Firstly, it's the time of the year when I have little or no time at all to work on graphics. This means that none of the INFRA-stuff will be available as a public release during the remainings of this year. There are lots of graphics and that means lots of work - and I am the only one working on them so I think the wait itself hasn't been that long as of yet compared to other sets in progress out there. Or so I think anyway. :P

Second of all, some TT-forumers have access to a tree file while others have to wait or worse; being fooled a .grf file is available but can't find it! This raises questions as mentioned above and results in unpleasant situations such as the one debated in this thread lately. I don't enjoy this!

Therefor I've decided to give you ALL an early Christmas Gift by releasing the INFRA Tree Test Version , originally coded by Aegir as described initially, for all of you to enjoy while waiting for the final INFRA-Landscape.grf to be released, (whenever that's possible :P ).

Hopefully this will sort out this entire situation caused by those screenies posted around here, as well as having all forumers interested in those trees enjoying some significant part of the upcoming INFRA-set while waiting for the final "product"!

However, please note that this Test Version lacks stages. All seven stages for ALL trees are the same, meaning you won't see any trees dropping their leafes or anything as the test version to begin with was made for the purpose of adding these stages! Neither does it contain any mountainious terrain - just to avoid questions! :P

Well, enough rambling! Below is the Test Version, (W), available for download!

Merry Christmas to you all!
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Already a download by someone and didn't even say 'plop' :roll:

Top SAC, those trees are really awesome! Keep up the magnificient work. A bit out of place perhaps: are you planning for seasonal trees? I know there is no newgrf action for it at the moment, but I'm sure there will be ;)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Thanks SAC :) They look great!
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

thank you very much SAC - you are awesome artist :bow:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

SAC wrote:....

Firstly, it's the time of the year when I have little or no time at all to work on graphics. This means that none of the INFRA-stuff will be available as a public release during the remainings of this year. ...
So disappointed to hear, but real life come first. I for one cannot wait for the set to be completed and I guess i'm going to have to ask santa for something else if he cannot bring me the infra set :wink:

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Grigory1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Grigory1 »

Thanks SAC! Good work :)
Darkwalker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Darkwalker »

Trees are excellent! Thanks and Merry Christmas to you...
== Darkwalker == Tycoonez.com:munity == Czech republic ==

My clipboard, where you can find my graphics.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Hey SAC .. What a wonderful gesture. :D

By the way, I looked all over your selection of trees and I did not see one of these so this one is for you. :wink:

Enjoy the season and don't eat too much. :lol:
Attachments
Have a very merry Christmas
Have a very merry Christmas
merrychristmas.png (2.59 KiB) Viewed 25644 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Oh yeah, we need a x-mas tree set :tongue:

Nice work, SAC. As always.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

(There is a Christmas Tree in the Canadian Station Set...)
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

thats a wonderful gift, SAC :D - the game does really look different with these trees now, wonderful work you did there!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Purno wrote:
Dave Worley wrote: Only messing. I think this is a silly situation caused by someone's breach of trust that has now led to a full blown Scandal (capital S)
I can remember that SAC didn't want to fully blow this scandal
I've really gotta lose my dirty mind..

Awesome stuff SAC, keep it up ^_^
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Good to see the trees made it to a legal download now, SAC. Your trees really make the original trees look like sketches from a 4 year old kid.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:Your trees really make the original trees look like sketches from a 4 year old kid.
A kid from Singapore, by coincidence? :mrgreen:

Nice stuff SAC, didn't try them out yet, but I saw screenies. Does arctic has snowy trees too, or isn't that supported (yet)?
Image Image
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

SAC: your trees are absolutely beautiful :D

Thank you!
Attachments
Plenway-on-sea Transport, 26th Feb 1999.png
Plenway-on-sea Transport, 26th Feb 1999.png (167.96 KiB) Viewed 25449 times
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Awesome work SAC, Thanks A LOT :D
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I'm glad you could find a solution SAC - I know I already congratulated you in private, but you made the right decision.

Merry Christmas to you too SAC.
SHADOW-XIII wrote:so calm down Rai - saying just: 'no sorry, SAC asked not to spread it' would be enough men :roll:
No, it wouldn't have been enough. People that want to violate other uses rights don't deserve a "sorry". I wasn't sorry I couldn't distribute them, I was proud to be honourable.

Also, my name is Raichase. Not Rai. Only my good mates can call me Rai. I would appreciate it if you respected that.
Last edited by Raichase on 08 Dec 2006 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

@SAC

Thanks. Your trees are just beautiful. Sadly I have to start a new game to see the tress in action.

cu, Spaceball
Contributor to the Planeset.Planeset Thread
DVDs - Gotta Catch Them All!
propermike
Engineer
Engineer

Post by propermike »

Those trees are great.:bow: ..can't wait for the rest.

You have lured me out from my lurking status

Return to “Graphics Development”