Zimmlocks creations develoment thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I will have to agree, forcing my powers on the city councils! :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

Here are the restrictions that refer to the whole map. There are lots more that refer to towns only (like "only X per town", "one per X inhabitants" etc). Are you interested in those restrictions as well?

Code: Select all

max 3 WTC
max 4 cathedral
max 3 stock exchange
max 24 Hotel Zvon
max 24 Hotel Praha
max 24 Hotel Regent
max 3 Hotel Pribaltiskaya
max 16 Bronze Horseman statue
max 16 John Batchelor statue
max 16 Lenin statue
max 16 Captain Cook statue
(I remembered wrong, there are 4 cathedrals allowed. The 3 limit was for TTRS2.)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Yes, I'd like that info as well! :P

Interesting to see the limitations, and it would be nice to learn the limitations regarding TTRS2, (which is the one I use as I don't want to - or even have time - to create a new scenario). I believe I read somewhere that an patch update will solve some issues with on-going scenarios/games and TTRS3 :P

Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

SAC wrote:Yes, I'd like that info as well! :P
OK, but it will take a bit more time.
SAC wrote:I believe I read somewhere that an patch update will solve some issues with on-going scenarios/games and TTRS3 :P
Very unlikely. You just can't make a one-to-one mapping between TTRS2 and TTRS3. There are buildings in TTRS2 that aren't present in TTRS3. Those that are preserved could end up in the wrong era. You can't convert a TTRS2 savegame to a TTRS3 one without adding lots of extra code into TTDPatch (very unlikely), or making a program that reads a savegame and replaces TTRS2 buildings with TTRS3 ones using whatever rules you prefer.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

My mistake for not explaining better! I was referring to the below quote from the TTRS-site as a reason for not using TTRS3 at the moment;
TTDPatch 2.5 beta 9 has a bug that messes up all your buildings when you enable a building set in an existing game, and this affects TTRS3 too. Until the next beta comes out, you can either use TTRS3 in new games only, or use 2.6 alpha.

In 2.5 beta 9 and earlier, there is a problem that messes up the bridge graphics when you open the GRF Settings window, make some changes and then DON'T press Apply but close the window. To work around this, just open the window again and press Apply without changing anything.

The set uses some features that are available in 2.6 alphas only. It will work correctly in 2.5 versions as well, but these features won't be available. The differences will be very small. For example, the last remaining old water tower will be protected from destruction and becomes a historical building if you use 2.6, but this is impossible in 2.5.

Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

First update TTRS3 :!:

What has been changed:
Changes in v3.01:
-Decreased the removal rating of George's statues to 500; now they can be removed with good LA rating.
-Fixed version detection - now a correct error message appears in older versions instead of invalid sprite errors.
-Fixed most problems reported by DaleStan and NFORenum.
-New airports are now default-off in OTTD.
-Added snowy roads, tunnels and crossings.
-Added other bridges (original-TTD) with Zimmlock's roads.
-Restricted the 2010-forever Modern Office Block to height level 10.
-Fixed the prison roof having incorrect magic blue.
-update of Shopping-mall.

Best regards
Csaboka and Zimmlock
Attachments
ttrs3.01dos.zip
DOS
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
ttrs3.01win.zip
WINDOWS
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

thanks, that's exactly what I needed
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Cool, I was just going to download TTRS3 (for my home computer).
So now I can get the update instead. ;)

Nice job, Csaboka and Zimmlock (and others),
~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
RSpeed tycoonfreak
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RSpeed tycoonfreak »

This is cool I liked the shopping mall its even better now :D

Thaks Zimmlock and Csaboka :wink:
Visit The Fake Airport Website
Hobbys: being 18 years old, soccer, go karting, and transport tycoon.
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Testet the new ttr3, on a new map, but got this message:

Error loading new graphics:
File "newgrf/ttr3w.grf" has unvalid
sprite# 2.247 (Code 10/24)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Csaboka wrote:Here are the restrictions that refer to the whole map. There are lots more that refer to towns only (like "only X per town", "one per X inhabitants" etc). Are you interested in those restrictions as well?
(I remembered wrong, there are 4 cathedrals allowed. The 3 limit was for TTRS2.)
Thanks Csaboka. Those were what I was looking for. Although I don't need the other values, I noticed SAC can use them and I guess they could come in handy. :D
This might be something for the readme file. :wink:
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

@Michael24: I can't reproduce your problem. Could you please post your ttdpatch.cfg and newgrfw.cfg files? Oh, and please tell us which version of TTDPatch you use (it is displayed in the title bar of the main menu window).
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

ITs version 2.5 Beta 8.

Also: With the ttr3 v.3.00, i Only got a few ekstra buildings. The rest was standard in TTDeluxe.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(33.84 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
newgrfw.cfg
(556 Bytes) Downloaded 55 times
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

TTRS3 requires 2.5 beta 9 or later. I don't know why it doesn't complain for you with the normal error message, though. I can't reproduce the problem even with using your cfg, so I have no idea. Anyway, please try it with beta 9, it will probably make it work.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Michael24 wrote:ITs version 2.5 Beta 8.

Also: With the ttr3 v.3.00, i Only got a few ekstra buildings. The rest was standard in TTDeluxe.
You don't have TTRS3 in your newgrfw.cfg, only TTRS2.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I haven't had a chance to play with TTRSV3 yet, but saw some stunning pictures of it, for which I'd like to congratulate all who participated, but also a disturbing one. See attached image.

It is from a multiplayer game of OpenTTD. You can clearly see client and server playing, yet with different road graphics. These different graphics, although inlikely since they're at the moment just Action 0x0A I suppose can wreak havoc on a multiplayer game, causing (possible) desyncs.

The TTRSV3 readme says:
The other problem is a limitation of TTDPatch: the roads can't change automatically in 1970. To work around this, you can do two things when you reach 1970 in your game: a) open the GRF Settings window and press Apply without changing anything; b) save the game and load it back. Any of these two will make the new roads appear.
It's not your fault, well not atleast newroads or something similar is finished ;).

Would it be possible to have a grf parameter not to update the roads on load? It'd probably look weird though...
Attachments
Image courtesy of glx
Image courtesy of glx
newhouses.png (652.73 KiB) Viewed 428 times
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Csaboka wrote:TTRS3 requires 2.5 beta 9 or later. I don't know why it doesn't complain for you with the normal error message, though. I can't reproduce the problem even with using your cfg, so I have no idea. Anyway, please try it with beta 9, it will probably make it work.
Okei, that worked! :D

Thanks for helping!
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Patchman wrote:
Michael24 wrote:ITs version 2.5 Beta 8.

You don't have TTRS3 in your newgrfw.cfg, only TTRS2.
Yeeah, It might been a good idea if i did'nt change that just before adding the attachments here... :roll:
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Had this w/ver 3 and ver 0.3a of the Canadian Train Set. Ver 3.01 sseems to have solved that conflict, but now it conflicts w/the NABS...
Attachments
GRF Conflict w/TTRS3 and NABS
GRF Conflict w/TTRS3 and NABS
GRFConflict.png (162.91 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

DanMacK wrote:Had this w/ver 3 and ver 0.3a of the Canadian Train Set. Ver 3.01 sseems to have solved that conflict, but now it conflicts w/the NABS...
This means too many new buildings are defined. There are only 255 slots for newhouses, including the old TTD houses. If you go over, you get a resource conflict.

This includes buildings already on the map from a set that you have now deactivated, so if you start the game with NABS, its slots will still be in use, and the TTRS3 can't activate.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.

Return to “Graphics Development”