[TTDP] INFRA - World of Innovatia...

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

Too... many.. details. :shock: That's really a piece of art.
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Finally, it's the day before Christmas Eve and all the shopping is done and some of the cooking as well! I'm enjoying the smell from the christmas tree and the view of all the presents beneath, while having a candy or two along with a newly brewed cup of coffee and some swedish traditional glogg to go with it! Can it get any better? :P

Anyways, just popped in and thought I should wish everyone here at TT-forums, active as well as lurkers, a very

Merry Christmas

I hope you all have a wonderful time together with your loved ones! :D

Oh, I almost forgot, the city of Vasa recently celebrated reaching 30.000 habitants. And while doing so the city council decided to place a bunch of christmas trees in and around the city. Problems is, someone forgot to count them all as they need to be payed for at the end of the year. Could you possibly help the city council count all the trees so that they know how many they need to pay for eventually?

While the city has only a small treasure chest the city council has promised that the one - or the ones - being able to count all trees will get the benefit of receiving the first public release of the INFRA set a couple of weeks ahead of everyone else! :P Yay!!!

The Christmas Card above is a bit to small to use for the task, and therefor the city council has prepared a larger one that can be downloaded and viewed in peace and quite whenever you need a break from all the Christmas celebrations! :P

The big Christmas Card is in .gif-format and has the size; 3612X2760. The download is about 6.50MB zipped!

Good Luck! :P
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Nice work SAC!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Oh my, that is impressive :).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Pug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pug »

Very impressive SAC. Downloaded and counting...

A merry Christmas to you as well. Enjoy it!
I'm still trying my hand at this scenario from time to time, but I can't beat your screenshots. The details are amazing, as well as all the extra graphics you have put in the game.
In the future people will point out your work as say it was you who changed TTDX to something special, something detailed, something realistic. Very impressive, keep up the good work.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Awesome! The details! :shock:

You deserve a bow,
no wait, you deserve three bows;

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Well done!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Brainster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brainster »

Very, very nice!

I'm counting :D
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

That's amazing! Your screenshots are fantastic :P
\o/ SAC \o/
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Oh my god! :shock:
Dave

Post by Dave »

I downloaded the large GIF image just to look - not the challenge :P - and I have to say the level of detail in Vasa is incredible... It's realism defined in TTD.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

That picture is just ...woooooow

/me has it as his desktop background now :D
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Jim Powers
President
President

You're Gifted

Post by Jim Powers »

Ms. SAC;

Ma'am, you're gifted. Excellent work!

Always,
Jim Powers
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the screenie! :P

And like you Darkvater I also use this as a desktop background. The only thing is that I seem to forget I'm not in-game when looking at it for some ideas, trying to scroll around! :oops:

Anyways, only one person has managed to find all trees so far - although I'll have to get some proof of that as I've come to realize that one of the trees are very much hidden to at least 98%! :P

Co-RNeR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Co-RNeR »

"Precious, precious, precious!" Co-RNeR cried. "My Precious! O my Precious!"
And with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his desktop,
he stepped too far, toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink,
and then with a shriek he fell.
Out of the depths came his last wail "Precious", and he was gone. :cry:

//Edit to add:

Before being charged with plagiarism, yes this is paraphrasing Tolkien.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Co-RNeR wrote:"Precious, precious, precious!" Co-RNeR cried. "My Precious! O my Precious!"
And with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his desktop,
he stepped too far, toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink,
and then with a shriek he fell.
Out of the depths came his last wail "Precious", and he was gone. :cry:

//Edit to add:

Before being charged with plagiarism, yes this is paraphrasing Tolkien.
:P

To celebrate the new year, (yeah, lots of celebrations in this diary lately :D ), the board of infrastructure recently opened the new highway that'll replace the older one running from Jakobstad via tunnels below Vasa through Fredrikshamn. One of the reasons has been the huge Vasa downtown project that's currently in process, and the city council has been lobbying the board of infrastructure to get this new highway opened, simply as the older one was in the way of some nearby projects.

The new highway starts in Jakobstad and runs north of the town in opposite to the old one that ran south of the town.

The previous location of the western entrance/exit to Vasa which is now gone. For the time being the city council decided to dig up the landscape and let the seawater in, giving the citizens a beautified surrounding.

The eastern entrance/exit to Vasa which went below the city into a tunnel is gone as well, replaced by a single road leading up to the northeast downtown area. One side project decided by the city council is a move of Vasa City Terminal, previously located upnorth for the purpose of transporting goods throughout the region. While actually never opened, the above location is currently being discussed as a suitable replacement.

The highway continue via IKEA on its way to Fredrikshamn.

The small town of Tanum has been given a new long-awaited entrance/exit thanks to the new highway.

Finally arriving south of Fredrikshamn.

Back in Vasa the huge project to change part of the downtown which includes a new location of the canal and some other heavy landscape changes, has started. Part of the canal has been filled and new structures are arising from the new ground. The city council needed more space to allow for the downtown area itself to expand, and the only reasonable solution was to simply relocate the highway, move the canal and fill up the former water areas.

The northern part of Vasa has a new metro station and it's only a matter of time when the bulldozers arrives to give room for a new canal, (for the ships transporting iron ore from the mountains), and a reconstruction of the residential areas.
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

/me picks his Jaw up off the floor. Incredible, actually is incredible
Dave

Post by Dave »

That Ikea is just... amazing. How have I never seen it before.

Oh my god... Where can I get a refund for my boxer shorts... I think I need a new pair...
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Holy Sweet mother of mercy!

I could kiss the monitor :mrgreen: That is superbly the best images i have seen for some time!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Brainster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brainster »

that's just B-E-A-UTIFUL :lol:
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Thanks guys! :P I must say there are plenty of work involved when making such major changes in towns - as I often do. It's not only a question about changing roads and mark out new areas for building structures, but since I also have quite an extensive local bus service system in my bigger towns I need to make adjustments also there. It often requires me to follow a single bus on each route to find out how it has changed its travelling behaviour - giving me a chance to include or exclude a stop here and there.

I usually use two buses on each route, and Vasa has about 15 bus routes, so even though there are only two buses on each most stops receive lots of services as many of them have multiple bus routes passing by. But it can get tricky sometimes - especially as I want every route to have a certain travel behaviour. :P

As for airport shuttles, (yellow buses in images), and Express buses, (white), it's a lot easier as I can rely on the newly discovered feature of road waypoints. Many thanks for that information Patchman! :P Changes in towns usually forces these particular buses to take other roads in order to reach the "checkpoints" placed on the highways.

Return to “Screenshots”