[TTDP] INFRA - World of Innovatia...

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

Great screens as ever. :shock:

One question though, how are you able to change the city so much?
When I want to remove a road, mostly it's not allow.
When I want to demolish house to change the langscape, it's not allow either.
And when I look at the city ratings, after demolishing a few houses it drops to 'apalling', which results in no leaniance from the city at all.

I'm just curious.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, as mentioned I have quite an extensive local bus service system in Vasa and that seems to help A LOT. Tearing down a couple of blocks and my rating goes down - but it only takes a small moment and things have changed and I'm able to tear down yet a number of blocks again. So no, I don't have a problem with the city council declining my request to pull in bulldozers! :P

Of course, at some occasions I'll bribe them if I urgently needs to get rid of a number of buildings in a haste, but usually it all works out the normal way of doing things! :P

///Edit to add;

A small update for comparison;

Some time earlier downtown Vasa;

...and some time later, downtown Vasa;

Next to work on is to move the waterfront closer to the west side of downtown, something which means that a lot of the buildings "climbing uphills" will have to meet the bulldozer! Update to come!
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Yopu should make a screensaver program, and put your INFRA images in it :D
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Oh My god, that is almost too nice.. :D
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Very nice SAC! :D

But... :?
Attachments
huh.PNG
huh.PNG (85.77 KiB) Viewed 5785 times
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Infra, you're bad for these boys health :mrgreen:
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

spaceman-spiff wrote:Infra, you're bad for these boys health :mrgreen:
Yeah, apparently! :P

Anyways Michael, as I told someone else asking the same in an e-mail;

The line is closed - not that it was never opened to begin with! The initial idea in mind was to have the Metro-line extented to the small town on the other side of the mountain. However, due to its location I could never find a suitable way of making a descent connection to that particular station, without ruining too much of the small town's nice look. :P

Still, I haven't given up on the idea to find a connection so I've kept the already built tunnels in place, but closed the line in between using buffers. That's the reason behind that odd looking railroad ending! It does cost money making tunnels you know - especially in this mountainious scenario, so as in real life I cannot just go ahead and tear stuff down just like that! :D

Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

I like that closed line idea...very good.
If only there was some sort of...abandonded look graphics you could use..rusty lines or overgrown with plants...
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

jpmaster wrote:I like that closed line idea...very good.
If only there was some sort of...abandonded look graphics you could use..rusty lines or overgrown with plants...
That would of course have made it look even more realistic! :P

Dave

Post by Dave »

SAC wrote:
jpmaster wrote:I like that closed line idea...very good.
That would of course have made it look even more realistic! :P
That's planned with the big update eis_os is planning. I think.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

Michael24 wrote:Very nice SAC! :D

But... :?
SAC wrote:Anyways Michael, as I told someone else asking the same in an e-mail;

heh, i already beat you to it :D
Toyland isn't a climate, it's a mistake.
Everyone has a photographic memory - Some just don't have film
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Hi all!

I have decided to leave TT-forums due to the recent events taking place in here. While I do enjoy and get along with most of the members in here, I simply cannot ignore the fact that certain behaviors and way of acts amongst some of you is either forcing others to leave or avoid becoming active in the first place. God knows how many those are to begin with, not to mention the bad mood, hostility, and other less wanted influences that are spreading thanks to such a behavior. It’s not acceptable in my book – even though it seems to be allowed to continue in here.

Upon returning I made a note to myself if similar situations to the one I had to face myself should ever occur, I would simply leave. Unfortunately I’m already facing this and will act accordingly.

Bye all!

spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Wow, you leave so quickly, then I would advice to not ever join any other forum cause it's not all fairies out there
Dave

Post by Dave »

Nope, I'm sorry. That's unfair.

YOU'RE the moderator. If you're quick enough to blast SAC for leaving, then why weren't you quite so quick to sort out that problem?

I think if someone comes to a forum expecting a nice friendly atmosphere and suffers from the opposite twice, they have every right to leave.

Your post is uncalled for.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

spaceman-spiff wrote:Wow, you leave so quickly, then I would advice to not ever join any other forum cause it's not all fairies out there
Like that's gonna make her stay :P.

Please don't go, we will miss you, your awesome screenshots and your awesome graphics. It's a big loss for the community :(.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

spaceman-spiff wrote:Wow, you leave so quickly, then I would advice to not ever join any other forum cause it's not all fairies out there
Being a moderator and pushing people away a like that is shamefull... Like Dave said; Thats unfair!
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

If I remember correctly I made a note about my disappointment with some things arising recently, and as I've experienced something similar in the past myself I especially put that sort of thing as a reason for leaving, would it occur again.

It did. In the very same manor. Unfortunately. And so I have made the decision to leave. I'm an active member in many forums and I'm also moderating a few as well as being a co-admin of another with quite many years experience, but that isn't really the question or the issue here. Some things are acceptable while others are not. And it would be rather odd of me to sit back and accept another member, deserving a warning or a ban or whatever, to be subject of something I myself have had to experience in here. So no Spaceman-Spiff. Whatever my decision was, quickly wasn't the word.

I have however, which I mentioned in my pm to you, given Owen permission to share my pm to him with you mods to avoid questions.

I hope that'll clear things up! 8)

Cheers

SAC

spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Dave Worley wrote:Nope, I'm sorry. That's unfair.

YOU'RE the moderator. If you're quick enough to blast SAC for leaving, then why weren't you quite so quick to sort out that problem?

I think if someone comes to a forum expecting a nice friendly atmosphere and suffers from the opposite twice, they have every right to leave.

Your post is uncalled for.
I'm not blasting, read what I wrote carefully, although I can't expect anyone here to understand why I'm mad if someone leaves after some nobody stirred up trouble and still causes trouble after he's banned
But what I'm expecting now is being misunderstood even more
Michael24 wrote:
Being a moderator and pushing people away a like that is shamefull... Like Dave said; Thats unfair!
I'm not pushing her away, once more, read what I wrote and don't quote me in a bad manner
ONCE MORE I'm NOT PUSHING HER AWAY, MY ANGER COMES FROM EVERYONE LEAVING OVER NOBODY'S WHO CAUSE TROUBLE
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

It's very sad to see you leave, SAC. You're one of not thay many people around here that I have never been annoyed off. Not one single thing. You're a nice person, what you have done for the forum is great, and your loss will not go un-noticed. I hope that you, one day, decide to return to us!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Return to “Screenshots”