OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC3

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC3

Post by Darkvater »

Release Candidate 3 has been unleashed to the unsuspecting crowds.
Download, play, enjoy and get addicted :D

Thank you translators for your hard work.
We will need to figure out what to do with Icelandic (217) as not a single string has been fixed/added/changed since back in October. It might go the way of Lithuanian, back to the unfinished section... Lithuanian translator(s) has/have done a great job though, and is back :D.
Some Galician (140) strings have been fixed. Come on, you can do the last few ones ;).

Downloads over at http://www.openttd.org/downloads.php. Please be patient while SF distributes the files and we compile more binaries.

NOTE: The changelog only contains fixes for issues prior to 0.4.8. RC2 had a nasty signal update bug, which has been fixed for RC3. Other important changes were a crash-fixed in station building and a better newgrf safety-scan to allow unifont, etc as static grf. Also some sporadic news window crashes were taken care of.

Link to RC2 forum post: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC2.
Link to RC1 forum post: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC1.

Changes since RC2:
[list][*]- Codechange: Add Lithuanian language as an official translation (r7806)
[*]- Fix: The configure script did not work work for dash, a sh compatible shell [FS#485] (r7893)
[*]- Fix: [OSX] control + enter no longer fullscreens, interfered with team-chat (r7886)
[*]- Fix: Offset engines/wagons by half width in details window; fixes overflowing for display (r7864)
[*]- Fix: [OSX] Remove incorrect debug message about missing grf files. (r7766)
[*]- Fix: [sdl] sometimes ALT-TAB could trigger the fast forward (r7727)[/list]

List of fixes for bugs that were introduced after 0.4.8/RC2:
Changes since RC2:
[list][*]- Fix: Only update the signals and YAPF cache on a DC_EXEC action for bridge-building (r7936)
[*]- Fix: wrong TTDPatch GRF flag was set for gradual loading (r7930)
[*]- Fix: News windows could still crash due to moving news items around while a news window was still open. (r7823, r7861)
[*]- Fix: rail station build window was not correctly updated after station_spread change (r7812)
[*]- Fix: Building airport whose size exceeds max station spread-out caused assert. (r7810)
[*]- Fix: NewGRF safety scan fixes action E (allow unifont.grf) and Action 0 prop D (bridge) (r7795, r7831)
[*]- Fix: Sprite usage debug message showed the starting sprite, not current sprite, and only do this during activation (r7760).
[*]- Fix: off-by-one error in the date to YMD calculation for first 4 years of a century that was not divisable by 400 (r7731)
[*]- Fix: Bad signal propagation through tunnel-ends, incompatible railtype signal propagation still possible (not fixed). (r7716, r7717, r7718)
[*]- Fix: OpenTTD didn't compile without network enabled (newgrf sync code) (r7692)
[*]- Fix: NewGRF Action 7, GRF check condition 10 didn't ignore unknown GRF IDs (r7354)
[*]- Fix: Caret randomly jumping back&forth for new randomseed (r7182)
[/list]
Last edited by Darkvater on 08 Jan 2007 18:59, edited 2 times in total.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Thanks, and keep the good work.. :D
Connum
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Connum »

THANKS! It was worthwhile staying up! ;-) You gave this night a meaning! :D

\\edit:
If someone wants to test RC3 multiplayer, I just started a Server @84.163.105.245 !
English is not my native language, so please excuse me if I sometimes might appear a bit harsh or if I make a spelling or grammar mistake!
ganzpopp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ganzpopp »

Great work!

Unfortunately, the configure and make script do not seem to support root directories containing names with spaces in it, for example (at least in MinGW)

Code: Select all

/home/John Doe/openttd
will not work, since it cuts the string after 'John' during configuring!

How can this be fixed? I tried to add a line containing

ROOT_DIR=${ROOT_DIR/' '/'\ '}
in the 'configure' file, but this does not solve the problem...
Quark
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC3

Post by Quark »

Darkvater wrote:Thank you translators for your hard work.
We will need to figure out what to do with Icelandic (217) as not a single string has been fixed/added/changed since back in October. It might go the way of Lithuanian, back to the unfinished section... Lithuanian translator(s) has/have done a great job though, and is back :D.
Some Galician (140) strings have been fixed. Come on, you can do the last few ones ;).
Give me webtranslator accout, I want to fix russian.txt file with more that 150 changes. :roll:

Why «I'm sorry to notify you that the maximum number of translator assigned» — you don't need qualify translator?
Maybe my english isn't perfect, but I can understand it and translate to my native language pretty well.
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

RC3 still has sound and cpu usage issues with Vista, but I am sure that'll be taken care of in a future version somewhere.
Guess what! I got a fever! And the only prescription...... is MORE COWBELL!
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

My server developed a problem last night. I just had a look to find the following on IRC:

04:39 #autopilot: <roboboy> is the game frozen?
04:42 #tycoon: <roboboy> gah Brianetta's server just went down

Now, over four hours later, on the server console:

Current/maximum clients:     2/10
Current/maximum companies:   2/ 8
Current/maximum spectators:  0/10
Client #9  name: 'roboboy'  company: 2  IP: (deleted)
Client #11  name: 'Sir Bob'  company: 1  IP: (deleted)
Client #1  name: 'sarah_pilot'  company: 255  IP: 0.0.0.0
The game appears to be paused, since the company values (in one case negative) are not changing. I can't join the server (Connecting... (2/6) Authorising.. eventually gives up with Network - Game connection lost) and the server isn't responding to UDP packets that I send it, even from localhost.

http://www.openttd.org/server_detail.php?id=11924 shows the server as still up and running, though, and that there's one client connected rather than the two that the server console reports.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

maartena wrote:RC3 still has sound and cpu usage issues with Vista, but I am sure that'll be taken care of in a future version somewhere.
Unlikely as nobody has yet taken up the offer of testing on Vista.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Whoa! RC3! Good work guys, how many release candidates will possibly follow before the final version? :P
However nice fixes! :D
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Quick addendum: I'm not getting any debug messages at all at level net=4 on the server's console.

The server is running still, in this state, as I type this. If one of the development team would find it useful, I can provide shell access, which includes a compiler and a debugger. It might be possible to examine the running process, to see what state it's in.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
President
President

Post by WWW »

I'm having some WWW (world wide wait) problems with sourceforge, and then it's giving me a 404...
Kouya
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kouya »

@WWW: Try the torrents if they are available.

Looks like RC3 only fixes stuff and added a translation. I think we're close to a final :D
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC3

Post by Darkvater »

Quark wrote:Give me webtranslator accout, I want to fix russian.txt file with more that 150 changes. :roll:

Why «I'm sorry to notify you that the maximum number of translator assigned» — you don't need qualify translator?
Maybe my english isn't perfect, but I can understand it and translate to my native language pretty well.
We have set a limit of 5 translators max for a given language as any more will most likely not be able to work efficiently together and only will change each others strings and bicker. But I have talked to MiHaMiX and if you are interested you can send a diff with your changes to translatoratopenttddotorg and he/translators will look over it.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

peter1138 wrote:
maartena wrote:RC3 still has sound and cpu usage issues with Vista, but I am sure that'll be taken care of in a future version somewhere.
Probably not. Not sure that will happen any time soon either.... In the mean time, the first Vista pre-loaded Hewlett Packard laptops and desktops are selling here in the USA as of this week.

Sooner or later someone will visit the issue, i'm sure :)

If I don't start anything else that uses up some CPU time (such as MediaCenter to watch TV on my second monitor) and I use the -s null driver, and I keep to a screen of 1024x768 instead of full screen 1280x1024, and don't use the Aero theme I can actually manage just fine on Vista, and the game is "playable" at least.

But since Vista is hitting the market VERY soon, and the first preloaded systems are already being sold, someone will need to fix it at one point in time. ;) I'll manage without sound until then.
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

peter1138 wrote:
I am happy to test on vista, I have Business edition downloading now from MSDNAA, however until Creative Labs release final drivers for my card, there is little point in trying to fix sound related issues which may just be attributed to the drivers.

Also until Vista non business is released, its silly to try and debug for that too.

Might be better waiting a month for it to be available to people.
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Sacro wrote:
peter1138 wrote:
Also until Vista non business is released, its silly to try and debug for that too.
It has been released. Although the actual box isn't available till the last week of january, the OEM version of Windows Vista Home Premium is being sold on workstations and laptop as of this week.

I just got a Costco ad that said that they would be arriving this week. Also, they are starting to fill the free upgrade orders around here for everyone that bought a PC for x-mas with a free upgrade coupon.

It'll happen pretty soon I think. But again, for now I can manage it by putting a few workarounds in place and not playing with sound. Since I usually listen to the radio anyways I don't mind that much. :)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I have a Vista box too at the moment, but my sound drivers (also from Creative, funnily enough) aren't working very well so I'm waiting for the final release drivers, which should be in a few days I hope...
R2
Engineer
Engineer

Help! RC3 won't start!

Post by R2 »

On Win2k I can't start the game, it occurs the following error:
Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "MiniDumpWriteDump" wurde in der DLL "dbghelp.dll" nicht gefunden"
This should read in english something like
Procedure Entry Point "..." in DLL "..." not found."
Can anybody make anything of that?

Edit: I tried on my WinXP Laptop and it worked properly. I have never encountered such a problem before, so I'm really confused - might it be a bug or something? The older version, the MiniIN and everything still works!

Btw: Is PBS in now? Wasn't that always the big deal about 0.5? I coulndÄt find anything in the patch options...
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Help! RC3 won't start!

Post by Darkvater »

R2 wrote:On Win2k I can't start the game, it occurs the following error:
Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "MiniDumpWriteDump" wurde in der DLL "dbghelp.dll" nicht gefunden"
You need dbghelp.dll 5.1 at least. I forgot to put it in the installer, but you can find it in the win32.zip file. Just extract the dll file and put it in the same directory as the executable.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/opentt ... -win32.zip
R2 wrote:Btw: Is PBS in now? Wasn't that always the big deal about 0.5? I coulndÄt find anything in the patch options...
It's not, and it was never said that PBS would be in 0.5; at least by none of the developers. What fans/users have fantasized we cannot take responsibility for ;)

[EDIT: I've updated the win32 installer so it includes dbghelp.dll as well]
OczeQ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OczeQ »

Don't know if it's a bug, but seems to...
When i start a new game with a downloaded map (play scenario button) no grfs are loaded, and options in "configure patches" window are set in diffrent way I set them a while ago in main menu... :?

And when playing new game using random map generator everything works correctly. :!:

Return to “General OpenTTD”