What video games have you played lately?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: What video games have you played lately?

Post by Illegal_Alien »

SWTOR, EVE Online, NFS Most Wanted & Hot Pursuit; Minecraft.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

FTL. My my it's such an addictive game. It's also on sale on Steam today!
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Uplink. I'm a wanna be hacker.
Last known as: Weirdy
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Purno wrote: Also, I tried out Anno 1404,
I like Anno 1404 but not as much as earlier instalments. I think it all went a bit downhill after 1503 but, that's me. I've looked at Anno 2070 on two sales now and I am still hesitant to part with pennies for it, but I am just very frugal on myself. It's due to the fact that if I spend money on something for me, and I don't enjoy it I feel totally crap for wasting that money. Things bought for my wife or children are never a waste; If they don't use them then that's their prerogative, I still fulfilled my duty as a husband and father. Strange I know but it's how my brain works.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Purno wrote:Also, I tried out Anno 1404, pretty interesting, but since the demo is pretty much crap, I'm now trying to obtain a more complete demo via the interwebs. (They should've provided a proper demo in the first place :P )

I wasn't able to find a demo of Anno 2070 though. Perhaps I should look for alternate ways :P
I have Anno 1503 and 2070, 2070 is easier compared to 1503 (or maybe that was because I was younger when I played 1503).
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SquireJames wrote:
Purno wrote: Also, I tried out Anno 1404,
I like Anno 1404 but not as much as earlier instalments. I think it all went a bit downhill after 1503 but, that's me.
I like Anno 1404, but I think it's still too difficult for me. Tried a scenario in which I need to reach 2000 Nobelmen in my city, but I never managed to get them. As soon as I had quite a few of the 3rd grade citizens (forgot the name), I started to slowly go bankrupt trying to fullfill their needs.

I like building more than I like a challenge :P
I've looked at Anno 2070 on two sales now and I am still hesitant to part with pennies for it, but I am just very frugal on myself. It's due to the fact that if I spend money on something for me, and I don't enjoy it I feel totally crap for wasting that money.
Which is why I always try to find a free full version at the less legal parts of the internet. Demos usually don't give a full impression.
Things bought for my wife or children are never a waste; If they don't use them then that's their prerogative, I still fulfilled my duty as a husband and father. Strange I know but it's how my brain works.
Makes sense in a way. I have bought quite a bit of LEGO lately, because I know it doesn't loose their value. And if I don't like it, maybe my future kids (which I don't have yet) can play with it. And if not, I can always sell it for a decent value :P Quality stuff there.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

It's usually a good idea to try and sustain finances by trading surplus supplies in Anno; for example tools generally get a decent price, especially early on if you're quick setting up a production chain - throughout the series. I also don't think any of those games is particularly easier than Tropico*, well, unless you plan on using a sandbox mode or something ;) They shouldn't really be difficult though once you figure a thing or two ^^;

*the one game I can think of would probably be Sim City Societies. That's pretty simple, but also gets boring rather quickly, imo, and seeing that you played the much better (and much more difficult ^^) SC4 it seems kind of pointless ...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Making money in any Anno game is very simple. Just make sure you have a big population, you wan't to fill the area of at least 2 marketplaces with houses. That usually gives you enough inhabitants to just make a profit while keeping their happiness in the light green. Next to that you want to sell any surplus goods you have. What I usually do is that I start overproducing alcohol and food so that I can sell it in my harbour and when my population grows I don't have to mind it for a while. Through different upgrade levels you will be overproducing different goods and just keep selling those. It is also a very good way of keeping your warehouse empty. On any island that you use to produce the higher level goods you can build extra farms and sell the surplus of those farms on the island itself. The NPCs visit every island with a harbour and thus you'll also get some easy money from that.
Once your population hits several thousand you will not have any money problems. Taxes usually get you far in the green income then. Usually when I reach the 3rd civilisation level I don't have to worry about money that much, it is usually the building materials that I have a shortage of by then.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Louie Armstrong
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Louie Armstrong »

Ive recently started playing company of heroes again!

Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
Official TT-Ellen Page FanClub
Official TT-Hayley Williams FanClub
Official TT-generic yet cute emo woman FanClub
jonty-comp wrote:I accidentally wedged my frigate between some rocks. D:
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

Dungeon Keeper 2
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Driver: San Francisco... got it for Christmas :-)
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 (has a Logitech Force-feedback steering wheel with pedals too). Train Simulator 2013 with lots of addons on PC.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Found a GB emulator for my phone - so plenty of that. PLENTY of that.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

SuperTuxKart! :oops:

Also OpenTTD, Minecraft and 0ad
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Something called Scribblenauts for the 3DS.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Lots of TF2. But Plenty of XCOM enemy unknown. Never played the originals despite the shameless advertising in TTD, but wow is this game addictive.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

304 001 wrote:Everybody needs a change from TTD
FLHerne wrote:Also OpenTTD
Can you believe this guy? :lol:
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

A321Pilot wrote:
304 001 wrote:Everybody needs a change from TTD
FLHerne wrote:Also OpenTTD
Can you believe this guy? :lol:
OpenTTD isn't TTD. It's this open-source clone of it with more features... :lol:
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Sssh! Don't say that! Next thing we'll have Michael Blunck in here telling us how "TTDPatch did that first" and how "Actually OpenTTD is just playing catchup" and all other sorts of mindless propaganda :P
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, with all due respect, for a long time it was. It still hasn't implemented custombridgeheads either!

Michael has now embraced OTTD anyway.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Off-Topic”