(Open)TTD Ringtones for your mobile

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Kyaputen Harokku
Engineer
Engineer

(Open)TTD Ringtones for your mobile

Post by Kyaputen Harokku »

I got out a MIDI editor and made a ringtone out of my favourite song in OpenTTD, Song 21 (Jammit).

Download the polyphonic one here: http://jens.rabe.free.fr/ring/TT21POLY.MID
Download the monophonic one here: http://jens.rabe.free.fr/ring/TT21MONO.MID
Thanks to the cheaters, Multiplayer in ottd sucks.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I just use a data cable and the full song on it.
Slace
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Slace »

haha I've had tt music on my phone for about 8 months now

I always know when my phone rings ;)
edk256
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by edk256 »

me too :lol: JAMMIT has been my ringtone for nearly a year on my battered but functioning Sony Ericsson T616
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

I have it now... Replacing LOTR soundtrack. :D
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

how do I download this though? tried typin it in on WAP but to no avail.
Cephalaspis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cephalaspis »

I just download TT gm_xx's (renamed to *.mid) to my Nokia 3510i, but it doesnt work :(. It says "unable to open file" or something like that... But the same mid'is work on Motorola c550. Whats the problem with Nokia?

[EDIT] Bah... Nokia cant open Your poly too :cry:
Kyaputen Harokku
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kyaputen Harokku »

I think some providers block uploading of ringtones via cable, infra-red or bluetooth to get you to download the expensive ringtones which cost up to 5 Euros per tone. They call it "Branding", especially T-Mobile and Vodafone brand the phones. I suggest you to end your contract at the next opportunity and get a new contract at E-Plus or O2 (this only applies for Germany, though). These providers don't brand their phones. Or get your mobile contract via a reseller, not via the provider itself (I am using E-Plus through Victorvox and I an quite satisfied)

Nokia also pre-brand their phones so self-uploading doesn't work. I think there is quite a lot of money flowing behind our backs from the providers of ringtones and logos to bring Nokia to these decisions. So be sure NOT to get a Nokia phone again. I won't suggest Nokia phones anyway, in my opinion they are just crap.

Anyway, here is Track 19 as a ringtone:

polyphonic
monophonic

As usual, download the MIDI and upload with your link cable, infra-red or Bluetooth.
Thanks to the cheaters, Multiplayer in ottd sucks.
Cephalaspis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cephalaspis »

Kyaputen Harokku wrote:I think some providers block uploading of ringtones via cable, infra-red or bluetooth to get you to download the expensive ringtones which cost up to 5 Euros per tone. They call it "Branding", especially T-Mobile and Vodafone brand the phones. I suggest you to end your contract at the next opportunity and get a new contract at E-Plus or O2 (this only applies for Germany, though). These providers don't brand their phones. Or get your mobile contract via a reseller, not via the provider itself (I am using E-Plus through Victorvox and I an quite satisfied)

Nokia also pre-brand their phones so self-uploading doesn't work. I think there is quite a lot of money flowing behind our backs from the providers of ringtones and logos to bring Nokia to these decisions. So be sure NOT to get a Nokia phone again. I won't suggest Nokia phones anyway, in my opinion they are just crap.

As usual, download the MIDI and upload with your link cable, infra-red or Bluetooth.
Nokia 3510i doesnt have sync with PC (except expensive special cables for "flashing"). I doubt its my operator fault, or Nokia branding... I can play other regular mid'is from my comp (iI upload them to my site and then download via gprs), but not TT. *confused*. Im not Nokia fan (/me likes Siemens and Ericsson), but I had no choice at the time when I bought this phone.

[EDIT] Maybe its because 3510i supports only 16bits mid'is?
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

the thing I hate is that you named the topic "OpenTTD Ringtones for your mobile" and the tunes are from TTD ... you confused the games
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Thalass
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Thalass »

... I thought they were the same tunes. :?:
CSL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CSL »

Thanks Harokku :)

Anybody have the Opening theme song of OpenTTD also in MIDI format?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I'll just put (Open) in parentheses...it is after all as shadow said TTDLX themes
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Cephalaspis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cephalaspis »

CSL wrote:Thanks Harokku :)

Anybody have the Opening theme song of OpenTTD also in MIDI format?
Just rename the *.gm to *.mid
Sir_Magnum
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sir_Magnum »

I have a SonyEricsson T230 with WAP and GPRS installed. How do i do to transfer a midi file to my phone? (Or download it from a WAP page?) Do i need to have a cable?

Please help me! i want TTD music as a ringtone!!
/Mårten
Don't ever argue with an idiot, first he will bring you down to his low level, then beat you with his experience...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

On my phone (Sagem MyX-2), I could just navigate to the MIDI file in the WAP browser and it recognised it automatically, and downloaded it.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

orudge wrote:On my phone (Sagem MyX-2), I could just navigate to the MIDI file in the WAP browser and it recognised it automatically, and downloaded it.
I thought I was the only one in the UK with that phone.

Well Ive got a new one now. :wink:
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Are phones, my precious, urrr no I mean crap, phone.

Long story / rant about why my phone is crap:
My mum bought me a Motorola v525 for my birthday (end of June). Pay as you talk on Vodafone. About 4 weeks after I had to take it back to The Link because it wouldn't charged, a month later it came back with a new battery.

I was having a problem accessing the "Media Centre" link so I took it into the Vodafone store and they sent it off for a software problem (this was about 20 mins after I had just got it back).

Two weeks or so later it came back, link still didn't work. :roll: They said it was because it is a contract only service - WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE TOLD ME THAT BEFORE?

So, a software upgrade, not that bad eh? Think again, think of XP SP1 and 2. For some reason it could now only get a really crappy signal, so it has now gone off again (that was last week). Any ideas of what will be wrong with it next?

At the moment I have a Nokia loan phone from Vodafone - it seems quite good actually. According to the box it was in it is a 3510 - but it hasn't even got a colour screen. Nokia's seem quite good, especially if you like playing 'see how far you can chuck the phone' because they are basically impossible to break.

Also if you are thinking of getting a new Motorola phone from Vodafone, think again. They have had so many problems with v525s that they are not going to be doing any more Motorola phones - you can still get a sim free one and put a Vodafone sim card in though.

Shorter story / rant about why Vodafone is crap:
Personally I also believe Vodafone is crap compared to Orange - but I can just get a signal on Vodafone here. A few years ago Orange had an offer where you could buy a pack to get 3 text messages a day forever (it was £14.99) - so I got one. A few months later they realised that they would lose loads of money so changed it to only a year, but people who already have it would continue to get 3 free txts a day - and to this day I still do. :D

End of Luca's stories / rants. Back to the topic:

I haven't tried any (O)TTD stuff yet, but I downloaded (or would I upload it over bluetooth?) a Chemical Brother's MP3 and it sounded great. :D

Born Acorn: Maybe in Wales. :D
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Sionide
Director
Director

Post by Sionide »

Cephalaspis wrote:I just download TT gm_xx's (renamed to *.mid) to my Nokia 3510i, but it doesnt work :(. It says "unable to open file" or something like that... But the same mid'is work on Motorola c550. Whats the problem with Nokia?

[EDIT] Bah... Nokia cant open Your poly too :cry:
The same happens on my Nokia :( Stupid thing, I've downloaded loads of other midi files and they've been fine - what's different about the TTD ones?

Edit: which midi editor did you use?? I've been looking around for one, for ages.. Thanks

Return to “General OpenTTD”