New rulebook/howto for translators

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

yasinko
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Turkish Translation

Post by yasinko »

jnmbk wrote:I began translating a month ago, continueing in my spare time, I've done 90% of it now. Here's my file. I'll send the %100 when done...
AFAIK, translation progress is being carried out online at
http://translator.openttd.org/

BTW, I have written MihamiX to join the turkish team long ago, but he replied that there may be no need for that. He would've asked the other member if he/she needed help. But there are still so many missing/broken strings in turkish. (can be seen at http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Internationalization)

I also have my turkish.txt file offline, if you want we can both contribute and exchange ideas. You can reach me through ICQ or private message.
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

Tentaculat wrote:
Smoky555 wrote:ttdrussia.net - look at this ...
damn ;)

PS: Volgograd? Mail me :)
see you on ttdrussia.net forums ...
Bono
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bono »

Latvian language is absolutely incorrect!!! Latvian language specific symbols are displayed completely different as they should be...
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Contact game developers and inform them about the bug. Tell them how to fix it (and what can you contribute) :wink:
Bono
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bono »

The problem is... that i don't know how to fix it. I don't know the system how it works in OpenTTD.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

/me points at the OP, which contains nice links, and at the user MiHaMiX on [url]irc://irc.freenode.org/[/url], who can give you a login to the site mentioned in the OP.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
jnmbk
Engineer
Engineer

Turkish translation %100 complete

Post by jnmbk »

I completed Turkish translation today, and positing it. I played with that for many hours and couldn't see any error. This is for 0.4.0.1 and doesn't work with nightlies...
Attachments
ottd-0.4.0.1-turkishlangpack.zip
%100 complete Turkish Language Pack for OTTD 0.4.0.1
(65.55 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Re: Turkish translation %100 complete

Post by webfreakz.nl »

jnmbk wrote:I completed Turkish translation today, and positing it. I played with that for many hours and couldn't see any error. This is for 0.4.0.1 and doesn't work with nightlies...
you should definately read this post first:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=203473#203473
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Turkish translation %100 complete

Post by Darkvater »

jnmbk wrote:I completed Turkish translation today, and positing it. I played with that for many hours and couldn't see any error. This is for 0.4.0.1 and doesn't work with nightlies...
Yeah, you should use the online translator when possible. But alas, you've already done it. You have to make sure however that the translation is up-to-date however; that's why the online translator is HIGHLY recommended. Your translation is probably so out-of-date by now that you need to do a lot of work to get it right.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

From http://translator.openttd.org/checklangfiles.php :

[2020 strings missing for unfinished/turkish!] unfinished/turkish: 2020 strings missing!

you've got a lot of work to do ;)
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
miham
Engineer
Engineer

WebTranslator2

Post by miham »

Dear Translators,

WebTranslator1 has been replaced by WebTranslator2 long time ago now.
Please use WebTranslator2, which is much more sophisticated, robust, FASTER and comfortable. :-)

Language statistic page moved to here.
EOF
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Also from the same page:
spanish: -2 string missing
turkish: -4 string missing

Do you need a new brokenness detector, Webfreakz? Because mine starts going crazy when it sees those two lines.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: WebTranslator2

Post by habell »

miham wrote:Dear Translators,

WebTranslator1 has been replaced by WebTranslator2 long time ago now.
Please use WebTranslator2, which is much more sophisticated, robust, FASTER and comfortable. :-)

Language statistic page moved to here.
Is there any way to make updating the languages more user friendly?
Every time when I update a string it isn't updated in the 'missing' list. It's added to another list 'Pending in DB'.

Then there are a few pending 'updates' in session which can't get commited. It say that the original string is identical to the translation. In some cases this is correct. Thus, can't get updated.

When I login, I see there are 20 broken or missing strings. But when I click 'fix'. No string is shown.
It would be easier if every error would also be shown in the 'fix' page. For some strings I can't get it updated because I can't find it with the search feature.

So if something can be done about these issues, I think it would be much easier to get the languages up-to-date.

Thx
sidew
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sidew »

When I login, I see there are 20 broken or missing strings. But when I click 'fix'. No string is shown.
It would be easier if every error would also be shown in the 'fix' page. For some strings I can't get it updated because I can't find it with the search feature.
Try with goto command to first page.
Sidewinder

Italian Town names patch for OTTD (R5266) now in trunk since 0.4.8
For typo, errors or bug on OTTD italian translation, please PM me.
unofficial italian TTD/OpenTTD forum: http://wolf01.game-host.org/forum/index.php
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

sidew wrote:
Try with goto command to first page.
I've tried that too. They just aren't there.
One of the unfindable strings is "STR_VEH_WITH_SHARED_ORDERS_LIST"
The most of the broken and missing strings are from rivision 6165. Maybe the translationsystem isn't up-to-date

[EDIT] I tried it again and found that the option fix by default shows an empty page, and with previous or next page you can see the results.
I still think that it isn't very user friendly, but that may be personal
miham
Engineer
Engineer

Post by miham »

habell wrote: [EDIT] I tried it again and found that the option fix by default shows an empty page, and with previous or next page you can see the results.
I still think that it isn't very user friendly, but that may be personal
Yes, I know about this side-effect, which comes from the fact WT2 saves the positions on the edit/fix modes.
I'll fix it up soon, sorry for the inconveniance caused.
EOF

Return to “General OpenTTD”