[WIP] Electrified Roads

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

It is there in the menus, but game classification it is a road.
even the dat file is called ROADTRAM.dat.
it is also the same subclass as the other roads, while diffrent to the rails.

Please, Try and atleast check the files before saying that cause of its menu placement.

the overhead catenary for tram tracks doesn't have compatible fields though, so i can quess its related to its subclass that prevents it from be placed on just roads.
Paasky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Paasky »

I don't know what every data line means in loco, so if you'd like to try, here's the xml:
Attachments
ROADELEC.xml
(35.68 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

You could replace all graphics with just the blue transparent colour meaning, the road thats currently laid there will show :wink:
Paasky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Paasky »

Exactly what I did, except for the lowermost road (so that when built on ground, not over previous road, it'll have some sort of tarmac below it)
natethegreat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natethegreat »

metalangel wrote:Someone make trolley trucks too, so they won't get lost either, and stop b****** overtaking each other and blocking traffic coming the other way!
Tired of buses and trucks getting lost? Here is a solution. I modded a bus to run on tram track. If someone wants to know how it is done, or wants a certain bus/truck, send me a pm and I will reply.

Sorry, I forgot to screenshot. This bus is a bus&trailer modded by barney_5uk. It was the first I found when I decided to try this.
Attachments
tram36Rb.dat
(38.21 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
That Guy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by That Guy »

They don't want something like that. they're trying to make, from what i take as, an electric bus route, so people can make and run electric buses and run them. we have an electric bus line downtown in Vancouver :wink:
natethegreat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natethegreat »

That Guy wrote:They don't want something like that. they're trying to make, from what i take as, an electric bus route, so people can make and run electric buses and run them. we have an electric bus line downtown in Vancouver :wink:
Why not just mod and replace all roads, and give them the capability of using the overhead wires? There are only the six roadtypes. It would take very little work.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

If you could make an almost invisible overhead wire for busses and trucks, then they can never be on the loose again. :P
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Jim-San
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim-San »

looks good, thou they kinda remind me of telephone wires, might just be me :P
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Jim-san, you've given me a great idea... in another thread (or was it this one?) I suggested 'bus lanes' as a kind of disguised tram track to guide 'trams' that actually look like trucks and stop them getting lost.

I've realized, another open would be to make them require a road with telephone poles along it... so technically they're electric but the road just looks like a normal road with telephone poles, and nobody notices ;)
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Jim-San
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim-San »

yay I've given somebody an idea that works, I can die happy :D

Anyway I'm glad that someone can make use outta my posts, another thing that could be done it that when you add the bus lane wires, it'll colour the road abit like on bus lanes round here.
Somewhat like this:
Bus Lane picture
thou it'll look abit weird for other countrys as I don't think they colour their bus lanes... or do they :shock:

(also sorry about being weird today, just finished work for the week and starting my weekend, in the middle of everyone elses week :D)
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Well, in Toronto, we just painted a big white diamond on the lane every few hundred yards, and put signs over it saying BUS LANE. In Cardiff the bus lanes are green, and the bike lanes are red.

Hamish McTycoon
Engineer
Engineer

Bus lanes

Post by Hamish McTycoon »

To be honest, I think red or green roads would look a bit wierd graphically in-game. Despite the bus-lane thing (which i know, i live in london) i think coloured roads will look stupid.
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

That's not the point. The point is, the 'coloured roads' are secretly tram tracks, guiding the trucks and buses to their destination. If they were just a diamond on the road every few squares, adding or removing the lanes would be a complete nightmare - they need to be visible. Do they look 'stupid' in real life?

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”