New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Nice! :D I suppose this is more for when the new graphics system takes shape, but what about animated trees, that blow in the wind? It might be pushing it a bit too much, but would be nice.
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Space ships:

X-Com UFO - see attachement #1

Small UFO - attachement #2 - I've been trying to improve TT small ufo, but I've been suggested to make something more similiar to Image.
You can see small dark dots on the ship, these will be flashing lights going round and round
Attachments
ufo112.jpg
Small UFO.
(9.21 KiB) Downloaded 3951 times
x-com.jpg
X-Com UFO
(9.5 KiB) Downloaded 3992 times
Arsenal
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Arsenal »

:lol: :lol:
Dextro
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dextro »

Take me to your leader :mrgreen:
Uncle Dex Says: Follow the KISS Principle!
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

I suppose having an NCC-1701-E flying around would be in violation of various copyrights :lol:
#################
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Okay guys, attachements are lost due to a server HDD failure, but as soon as I come back from my holiday, I'll post here: small ufo, large ufo (harvester), submarine, buoy and oil wells.

Now feed yourself with landscapes :wink:
Toyland shot is missing because it will be brickland and I'll make the preview later.

_Luca_ and Bjarni said it would be better to have miniature screenshots of the climate, to help newbies, but I think newcomers would like the landscapes and they'll figure landscape things pretty quickly. Decision remains to Alltaken.

Seeing your last (ufortunatelly deleted) posts: I did the job on the OTTD Wikipedia. Thank you for positive comments.
Also thanks to BornAcorn who reminded me about TTO vehicles which must be included to newgfx OTTD. Also he updated wikipedia with the missing vehicles and original vehicle names.

To authors of graphics:
*Member with Ghandi on avatar (that's probably chrisgrant)
*Member with "cream V on red container" on avatar
*Member with Picasso's artwork (that's Alltaken, I remember at least his nick :D)
*dmh_mac
- to update the OTTD Wikipedia with their graphics. I remember these are the sawmill, airports, road, rail, some trucks, trains and a big ship
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Looks very good! It looks like you have used some wallpapers and re-scaled them. Looks awesome!
Burgundavia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Burgundavia »

It is a the OTTD Wiki, not wikipedia.

Corey
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

MeusH wrote:Image
How come there's no single train, plane, automobile, ship or whatever in those images if it's all about a transportation game? :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

No photoraphs of Toyland in Google image search? :P

EDIT: @Purno: There are no vehices in the original TTD landsape images.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

White Rabbit wrote:EDIT: @Purno: There are no vehices in the original TTD landsape images.
So what? :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

Lumbermill + lighthouse updated & rerendered with ao.
Attachments
5-lumbermill-b.png
5-lumbermill-b.png (382.45 KiB) Viewed 7478 times
6-lighthouse-b.png
6-lighthouse-b.png (86.45 KiB) Viewed 7452 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Amazing! That looks awesome!
Image Image
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Fantastic! :D
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Wow. Just wow.

MeusH, the temperate isn't temperate enough.

Thats more temperate.
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

Work in progress, details to follow...
Attachments
7-houses-a.png
7-houses-a.png (51.96 KiB) Viewed 7376 times
shampie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shampie »

looks promissing!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

dmh_mac wrote:Image
Wow, that looks nice, really nice. I can't wait to see the final. (Adding chimneys and roof windows might be some ideas?)
Image Image
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

The reflections look a bit odd, as it is too clear what the windows are reflecting, and will look wrong with other things in front of the tile. Some sort of pseudo reflection is needed, I think...
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

dmh_mac wrote:Work in progress, details to follow...
deja vue
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi

Return to “Graphics Development”