New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

Zimmlock wrote:
dmh_mac wrote:Work in progress, details to follow...
deja vue
Eh?
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

Attachments
7-houses-b.png
7-houses-b.png (60.88 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Wow. Perhaps add windows at the sides of the house block?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

I am guessing dmh_mac is going for the 'scabby British council house estate' look, in which case you wouldn't have windows on the side. If you are, maybe you could add some unique features to each house to make them look more realistic, the usual stuff: scafolding, different walls on each house, the occasional one on fire.

No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

What about balconies?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

It's based off of dutch housing with a bit of the squished-togetherness of british council estates. Maybe I'll add some different curtains and garden plants, but it's actualy a tad too cluttered for my liking already.
However, don't worry there's still a lot of tiles to be made and I'm sure I'll make a housing estate one that has more variety in houses. Perhaps there could even be different styles of buildings on a per city basis in the new engine.
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

I think this one is brilliant, and doesn't need a thing changed.

I just hope other modellers can get to dmh_mac's level or he'll have to do all the buildings...
Ghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ghost »

Some possible improvement for dmh_mac's lumbermill: I think the territory looks a bit empty. Maybe adding some more machines (crane, tractor, etc.) will make it more interesting?

By the way, will it be possible for the new graphic engine to have animations (e.g., working machines/people at the lumbermill if it is currently working)?

Can't wait to see the OTTD with new graphics!
Alltaken
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Alltaken »

ghost, currently because the New GFX is CPU based rather than GPU based we cannot afford the CPU power required to animate.

currently a 32bpp game on fast forward (on a 2.4Ghz 1 Gb ram computer) will go about 10% faster than the game at normal speed.

Alltaken
Tron
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Tron »

Alltaken wrote:currently a 32bpp game on fast forward (on a 2.4Ghz 1 Gb ram computer) will go about 10% faster than the game at normal speed.
Where do you get these numbers from?
Alltaken
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Alltaken »

Tron wrote:
Alltaken wrote:currently a 32bpp game on fast forward (on a 2.4Ghz 1 Gb ram computer) will go about 10% faster than the game at normal speed.
Where do you get these numbers from?
From Meks implimentation of 32bpp. (i assume by your response this is not a good place to have gotten info from)

i don't know how yours performs, unfortunatly i have never gotten a build of it. :(

Alltaken
toholio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by toholio »

IIRC, it's the palette animation emulation that's the real killer (but they may no longer be the case).
Get Skype and call me for free.
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

A variation on the previous tile:
Attachments
8-houses-a.png
8-houses-a.png (49.91 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Nice, but you're missing the blotches of oil, the skip and the clapped out banger...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks very nice, but a bit dead. Add some flowers and cars and such, would be my suggestion.
Image Image
Alltaken
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Alltaken »

dmh_mac would this building be 1x1 or 2x2 squares?

would you like my materials for things like roads... so that we can co-ordinate the colours of carparks with those of the roads.... (also the scale of carparks with those of the roads....)

hmmmm i need to think how we co-ordinate these things.

materials is easy via the wiki, other things are more difficult

Alltaken
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

peter1138 wrote:Nice, but you're missing the blotches of oil, the skip and the clapped out banger...
What?
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

This is a 1×1 tile (unless stated differently, most of my tiles are).
I'm using the 1 tile = 25 meters scale.
Alltaken
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Alltaken »

dmh_mac, check your inbox, i have sent one (assuming PMs are working correctly)

i sent it before these recent replies BTW.

Alltaken
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

The street lights look a bit too short in that picture, or is it just the viewing angle?
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com

Return to “Graphics Development”