queation on breakdowns

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
quetions

queation on breakdowns

Post by quetions »

say your aircraft,train,ship or road vehicle gets old old old.If you have 'vehicle breakdowns' set to none does oldness effect your transporter in anyway?

Post by Guest »

As I like to concentrate on the construction of a better network I usually play with Breakdowns switched off and I have noticed that although I ignore the Vehicle Getting Old warning that sometimes at the end of a year even though I haven't bought any new vehicles it will show an entry for money spent on new vehicles.Whether the AI just lets a vehicle get to a certain age past it's lifespan and then automatically replaces it I don't know.But strictly speaking if you have Breakdowns off then age doesn't seem to affect things, but I may be wrong.Anyone Know different ? :?:
adam_trevorrow
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Question on breakdowns

Post by adam_trevorrow »

As far as I know, when breakdowns are off, the only reason you should keep your vehicles new is station ratings. The age of the vehicle is part of the equation in station ratings, with newer vehicles receiving better ratings and thus more cargo. With trains, the game uses the age of the last carriage so you can just replace this every so often and save on replacing the rest of the train.

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”