..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I've got the wagons pictures ready, I only have to order them and send them to krtaylor. I'll do that too as soon as I can
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

Sanchimaru wrote:So, you say we can have 11/12 kinds of cargo: but can we customize this cargo? I mean have Olives, Olive Oil, Cictrics, Milk, etc. as cargo themselves; not the default game's Wood, Iron ore, etc...
Well, you can currently rename them, but nothing else... Mek told me he's working on support for new cargo types, but nothing has happened since then...
Sanchimaru wrote:I suppose we can have brand new sprites for each.
You can already, via action A.
Sanchimaru wrote:And, can we decide where an industry appears / doesn't apppear? (forest only in snow, etc...)
Currently not possible, but this feature is on my to-do list with high priority.
Sanchimaru wrote:> I'd like to have different architecture for rainy and hot parts
Well, newhouses can certainly do that. You can limit the buildings according to a number of factors, including land type (desert/rainforest/snow/normal).
Sanchimaru wrote:> Monkeys, tucans and jaguars. But they say we can change them... If we can have them mute, that will be perfect!
Changing sounds would be very tricky... Muting the sounds would be possible via a new patch, though.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Csaboka, thanks a lot for bringing that information. From now on, I'll keep an eye for those new industries features.

So I'll think about that. In this case we can have very interesting additions to the industry table
hovering teacup
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by hovering teacup »

Samchimaru wrote:have Olives, Olive Oil, Cictrics, Milk, etc. as cargo
a small tip: you don't need to have those separately (i know you cited for examples but). just have something with a generic name like "fresh food" and let it be produced at several kinds of plantations/farm, as products from these facilities are likely to follow the same chain like "production --> town, directly or via food processing plant" .
------------------------
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Csaboka covered most of it. AFAICT, when it comes to changing industries/cargoes, the limitations are as follows:
- No more than 37 industries
- No more than 12 cargo types
- Town building acceptance cannot be changed
- No industry may accept more than three cargoes
- New industries cannot be animated yet

Beyond that, go wild.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Here are 314's sprites: :D
Attachments
314.png
314.png (2.17 KiB) Viewed 8503 times
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Thanks for that one, W.Coyote!

In the meantime, I've began drawing one of my favourite trains in Spain:

Enter: TALGO II

The 2nd generation of high speed passenger trains in spain. The name comes from the original design: "Articulated Light Train Goicoechea Oriol" G.O. are surnames from the Basque lands, they were the designers of the first Talgo. That one was made of steel, and so, this new model uses silver and red for its livery.

Now that the first Talgo and the subject of high speed have come, I have yet another question: coders, please

Is it possible to make a track have a speed limit? and not only that, but make that speed limit change through time. In Spain there used to be a speed limit of 120km/h. Later it was upgraded to 140, and after that, to 160 km/h.
My idea is to have the 3rd rail track to be reserved for high speed, which would ignore speed limit restrictions.
Originally this was thought to be something like the Shinkansen track in the Japan set, but now I'm thinking we could make any train to be able to run on 3rt track. Sort of what happens with normal / electrified: a diesel would run on normal or electrified equally. In my idea, a train would run on any of them, but if its speed is higher than 160, it would only achieve that if it's running on 3rd track type.
Attachments
TalgoIIloco.png
TalgoIIloco.png (2 KiB) Viewed 8475 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Your idea is currently not possible, but it's conceivable that it might be done by the time the Spanish set is ready, if you can get a coder working on it.

On comparing it with the photo, it doesn't look that similar really, your drawing is more white than silver, and appears to have a dip at the back that doesn't show in the photo. But then you've actually seen one and I haven't.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

hmm, what about this?
Attachments
TalgoIIloco.png
TalgoIIloco.png (2.14 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Coloring is better. It still looks like there's a dip at the back end though, that isn't there in the photo. It seems to me that really it's almost identical to an American F7.

Updated table will be up in 1 minute.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Ah, I se, I misunderstood the first time you said it: actually the dip is there, only that in the pic I sent you it's almost unnoticeable
Attachments
112-350.jpg
112-350.jpg (113.4 KiB) Viewed 8447 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

It's not there in the pic you sent, not just unnoticeable. Actually, you seem to have two somewhat different things. Notice the original pic has no windows either, and this new one does. Maybe two different versions? Or an ex-loco converted into an unpowered tailcar of some kind, for operating in reverse? (Amtrak's done this.)

But anyway, now you've explained it, I understand the slope and it's OK.
Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

If i'm right, those are not windows, but parts chopped to see the inside, as it is in a museum.
BTW, i love that talgo trainset behind, it even smells somewhat special.

More comments on tracking table: The Container boxcar is really a sliding walls car, oh, when i meant the talgo locomotive was sexy, was just a personal comment, sorry to have mislead you :oops:

The talgo pendular should be blue, and be a 354, or well, it doesnt' matter because they were mostly the same, 353 and 354 (same Maybach engine, and that's what's important), and no tilting in the game!

About the 041, i've found a photo, only it's crap

http://www.renfe.es/hir/vapor/041-0201.gif

But you surely see the difference with the german one :D

About somebody living in spain... i do, just ask.
Well, we've got more or less a 50% electrified, so talgos are needed, mostly to go to the north through Miranda, last trrip was made by an ageing Talgo IV composition and a 333 diesel, painted blue and white (this is a general purpose vehicle, in it's cargo livery it's a classical yellow/grey loco, usually in multi heading). This one is the most used btw (90 lcoos)
Also used are Locomotive 319 (more than200 built the first half were hoods) diesel for high speed, remodelled, also, 321 wildcat (80 built), it looks marvellous in it's new shape :D

These are all ageing designs, we need a new diesel thing around!, but with such a low priority for goods, those 333 Prima are enough

link to a 319
http://www.jorges.arrakis.es/materialrenfe/319ave.jpg

have a nice day
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Sanchimaru: can you put UiC codes with wagons in tracking table? Those codes are accepted in most of Europe (unfortunately, there is no simillar system for locos, allmost every country has it's own codes) so it'll be possible to find some wagons in other sets (I think I saw something like Gkks, Rgs and few more wagons).
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I do not have the 321 "Wildcat" Diesel, can you send photos please?

It looks like many of the cars are similar to the Japanese ones, and MBs. You could make this compatible with MBs Cargoset.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I also thought to make it compatible with MB's cargo set... but there is a variety of unique liveries for spanish trains I'd like to use. Also, there is a feature I've planned: since Szappy did the schnabel car for the Japan set, I thought of using double wagons for the car transporter, as it appears in our documentation.

I've been giving a run to the Talgo cars and gave a little touch to the engine too. Let's see what do you think:

W.Coyote also finished the "Huevo", I'll post the sprite if he doesn't
Attachments
TalgoII.png
TalgoII.png (5.41 KiB) Viewed 8326 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

A preview of the in-progress Talgo III
Attachments
talgoIIIpreview.png
talgoIIIpreview.png (3.49 KiB) Viewed 8317 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Those Talgos are going to look very peculiar, being so vertically short. I realize this is realistic.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

I just don't get it what is your obsession with vertical heights..

Im sorry i pick a issue with you noticing coaches are vertically short, but you don't seem to imply your point to well.
In most cases when you comment on the vertical shortness of coaches compared to American coaches(example in this thread http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=14504 ) your post more implies that generally the Russian people are shorter than normal(in the example thread), wich you did not say, but your post implies that.

Instead you could say "The coach looks/is shorter than the coaches around in here America", that specifies your saying the coach is vertically short compared to the country your living in, but does not imply the people are short.

If you want you can private message me on this.

[edit]changed lenghts to heights and added more blabla[/edit]
Last edited by Villem on 02 May 2005 11:48, edited 6 times in total.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Here's 340 'Huevo'. And I think you have hopper like Eas. Just tell for which cargos you need this hopper.
Attachments
Hopper Eas-z with coal
Hopper Eas-z with coal
Eas-z-c.gif (2.42 KiB) Viewed 8286 times
340 'Huevo'
340 'Huevo'
340.png (1.91 KiB) Viewed 8287 times

Return to “Graphics Development”