..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Heres some sprites i made a while ago, they could probably do with some tweaking, plus the artic views, but otherwise theyre not bad IMO.

James
Attachments
highspeedtrack.PNG
highspeedtrack.PNG (59.39 KiB) Viewed 866 times
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

But in those, only some rails are white. Actually it's the sleepers that look white since they are made of concrete.
Don't worry about the tracks, James, I'm already working on them ;) but recall that for any new sprites you are willing to draw, you need to use photographic documentation. Don't draw anything just as you think it should be, always look at a picture.

I kept working on the file I was editing, basing on Snail's picture, and I got this tracks with white sleepers over gravel
Attachments
rails.png
rails.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Ok, those sprites were something i did a loooooong time ago.

I like the look of yours but IMO, the gravel should be much lighter, at least according ot the picture. Good work! :)

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

I think the sleepers are a little too bright. And the look really chunky. Otherwise, they're swell.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Maybe, yes, the sleepers are just a little bit too bright, and maybe the gravel looks a bit too greyish... it looks a bit as if it were made of steel instead of concrete, if you see what I mean. Maybe you might want to try a mixture of grey-white-light brown...

But anyways, you're on the right track :mrgreen: Those look really good. We'd be happy to use them for the FRSet, if the compatibility problems with MB's excellent stations can be resolved.

Hmmm, what can we do in return?... fancy a steamer or two? Problem is, I have no idea about when I'll be able to fit any in my schedule :p
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I have worked a little bit in the improvements you mentioned, Snail:

now the gravel is a bit more textured, and the sleepers are not so bright. Making them any darker results in the sprite looking confusing, since they are too similar to the gravel.
Attachments
rails.png
rails.png (7.66 KiB) Viewed 3543 times
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

:arrow: New locomatives - the "280 Electric" and the "314 Diesel"
:arrow: I've just tested the passengers wagon, I tried to make one dining wagon (brown) appear after 6 normal wagons, but instead, there are 2 dining wagons after every 6 normal wagons not only one.
I don't know what exaclly the problem, I think it's the varadjust
see if this line is help you:

Code: Select all

399 * 14 02 00 03 81 41 00 06 01 01 00 06 FF 00 00
:arrow: I'm wondering what the mass of the "141 Mikado Euskalduna" is, because there's no mass number in the .exl file and the table in the dev site show a strange number (94t-25.5t/103t-63.5t)
:arrow: For Sunchimaru, could you please write me a list of the years that each locomtive change its colour?
It will help a lot.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

* 14   02 00 03 81 41 00 06 01 01 00 06 FF 00 00
                    ^^    ^^
You're checking var41 & 06h, which is probably not what you wanted.

The first result (01 00) will be selected if var41 is 06h, 07h, 0Eh, 0Fh, 16h, 17h, 1Eh, 1Fh, 26h, 27h, 2Eh, 2Fh, &c.

Instead try checking var41 & FFh == 06h.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Like this?:

* 14   02 00 03 81 41 00 06 01 01 00 06 06 00 00
that's make only one dinning wagon appear after 6 normal wagons (range 6 to 6), but I want one dinning wagon appear after every 6 normal wagons.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

That's exactly the same. The <var> <varadjust> pair can only take on four values: 00, 02, 04, and 06, so checking for "is in [06,FF]" is the same as checking for "is in [06, 06]"

Does (var41 & FFh)%7 ("41 80 FF 00 07") == 06 do what you want? Alternatively, try var41 & 07h == 06, which is similar, but not identical: instead of "6x pax, dining, repeat", it gives "6x pax, dining, pax, repeat".
IOW, the former gives dining cars at 06, 0D, 14, 1B ...; the latter, at 06, 0E, 16, 1E ... instead.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Hmmm... I don't understand you clearly, could you explain it by a code example?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

% is the modulo operator.
The two I suggested are:

0*0 02 00 03 81 41 80 FF 00 07 01 01 00 06 06 00 00
0*0 02 00 03 81 41 00 07       01 01 00 06 06 00 00
Anding with 06 means that you can't distinguish between the seventh and eighth cars: 06 & 06 == 07 & 06 == 06. Anding with 07 instead gives you the ability to distinguish between 06 and 07.

Using (var41&FF)%7 means that every seventh car becomes a dining car, while using var41&07 makes seventh car of each set of eight a dining car.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

In RL, there´s almost only one dining-car per train, which would rule out that modulo option.

In the DB set, dining-cars appear at a fixed position only and thus can be easily avoided, e.g. by having a mail van on that position (some people don´t seem to like dining-cars for various reasons).

Just my 2cc

regards
Michael
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Numbers are missing from the Excel file because I don't have sensible ones. Research anyone?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

That's an interesting point Michael brings here... I wonder why people is so disturbed about minimal things... I mean, it's not that the car changes capacity, or length.

However if the code is not too hard, we could do it as his DB set does, so that for example dining cars appear at exact positions and they can be avoided. That way we can please mostly everyone.

About the amount of cars, some people seem to make extra large trains, so for those configurations, adding eyecandy variation would be nice. (also, if you are in a 30-car train, you don't want to walk all the way long until the only dining car, just to have a drink... given that there is a 30-car train, off course) Still I think most people will build the regular trains where 1 dining car appears.

I have prepared an scheme of where each car should be placed, I hope it is of any help for the coding:
Attachments
the numbers represent the position in the train. Any other car (mail, freight...) put in that position will replace the liveried cars (dining and bedcar)
the numbers represent the position in the train. Any other car (mail, freight...) put in that position will replace the liveried cars (dining and bedcar)
dininbed.png (2.72 KiB) Viewed 774 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

How long is the cycle/where's the repeat point?

Or, which livery should car 15 have?

If it's a 12-car repeat, that's fine, but not particularly logical, IMO. If it's an 8-car repeat, then what are those red brackets supposed to indicate?

Come to think of it, what do the red brackets indicate even if it is a 12-car repeat?
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

I enjoy the rails shown above, near the top of the page, but am led to wonder: couldn't something be done about the horizontal rails looking much lighter overall than the other three directions?
Additional Livery Set
Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

The red line is for the field where there must be a dining car (every 6 cars) and the green line is for the one of the bedcar (every 4 cars)
And the loop is as the scheme is... this is car 15 would be like car 3.
The cycle consists on 12 cars which is a number matched by 4 and 6 (4*3 / 6*2) That way seems to be quite simple, I don't know if it's not logical enough...

As I said, not many people will make a lot of passenger car-only trains over 12 cars, so that should not be an issue.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

That can be done with minimal difficulty; take the car-number modulo 12 and apply the appropriate graphics.

The first and third set of four were identical, which made me suspicous that maybe it was supposed to be a cycle of eight.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I have edited the Excel file "renfetech_372" (November,11th) and added a livery change scheme.
I haven't touched any of the existent technical data, so you can replace the one in my file with any newer version if it's outdated.

This is the whole livery change list so far. A few more are yet left to be drawn, I will add them to the list as the sprites are finished.

Notes about the data I introduced:

~date : from the release date until the specified date
date~ : from the specified date on
date1~date2: from date1 to date2
HiSpeed: livery for the locomotive when used in the 3rd High speed track.
LongDist.: livery for when long distance passenger cars are added to the train.
Freight: livery for when freight cars are added to the train
Normal: any trains appart from the others specified

Random xx% : I want some liveries to have a very low chance of appearing when a train is purchaused. This specifies what chance should each livery have (more or less, it doesn't need to be exact if it is not possible)
Where only says "random" and no numbers are given, means that the chances are equal for all available liveries

(replace): All of the liveries are supposed to stay until a new vehicle is purchaused. The same for passenger and mail cars. There is at the moment only one train that replaces existing trains: the 439EMU in its last livery.

About the coding: I tested the last version and runs really fine, I found no problems with it :D
For the next release, can you try to add the following change, please? Make 2 passenger cars appear in the list: long distance and regional. You can use the 1st liveries at the moment (blue with yellow line and wooden yellow for each) and replace the original mail car with ours, rather than refitting passenger cars.
Thanks!
Attachments
renfetech_liv.zip
XLS file
(74.04 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Return to “Graphics Development”