..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I think the Kirby Paul Tank also doesn't belong in the list.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

No, well, at the moment all the original locomotives appear, because these are just test GRFs. Off course, they should not be there for the final release.

By the way: is it possible to add the 'N tilde' to the GRF? Actually it should be "Montaña", not "Montana"
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Sanchimaru wrote:is it possible to add the 'N tilde' to the GRF?
Yes, ñ should be character 0xF1.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • :arrow: A new locomative - 278 panchorga
    :arrow: About the Bug - Actually it's not a bug, it's a silly mistake that I did. Anyway, it's updated.
    :arrow: The N character - updated
    :arrow: About the unit wagons, Sunchimaru. can I code now the 350 Talgo II? If yes, is there a specific wagon which dosn't change its appeaer? Is there a wagon which you what it to be unabled to add to the train?
    :arrow: Can I do the 141 "Mikado Euskalduna" Steam? in scheme it's orange not red, but it looks like it ready to code.
EDIT: Note that the new locomative is avilable to use only from 1954
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Death, your new avatar is cool! Can you PM me the image, or a link to the download location? I am already waiting for the following situation:

-Sanchimaru, cool image! where did you find it?
-well, Death himslef gave it to me

Back to topic:

> Thanks for the new release! with the bugs fixed and the ñ added
> Talgo 350: My idea for AVE and TALGO trains was the following: Have them in the 3rd track type (instead of maglev / monorail) This new track type would be called "High speed track" and would work pretty much as the shinkansen in the Japan set does.
In the sprite, the way they are meant to work are:
- the locomotive
- the last passenger/mail car purchaused automatically turns into the back car, the round shaped one in the last row
- the car in the 2nd row is for passengers
- the car in the 3rd row is for mail
Good luck with it!

> Yeah, the Mikado is ready to go, I didn't realize that the table was orange, but don't mind that. You may use it :))
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

If we used a third track type for the high-speed trains, is that correct? In Japan, the Shinkansens don't share track with any other trains, because they are a different gauge too. But I thought the TGVs and ICE-style trains used dedicated track where it was available, but also used normal track where there wasn't room for special tracks. If I'm wrong, then that would be a fine thing to do. Would you want the same Shinkansen track graphics, or would somebody draw something more TGV-track-looking? Maybe the French set would collaborate on this?
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Consarnit, Looks like I'll have to make my patch again that allows trains on 3rd rail type run on normal rail (And vice versa, a nice customizable switch would be good). Or badger Patchman to do it. Eeigh.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

In other words, you want to make it totally configurable as to all how all three kinds of track are used? Cool. If you have the ability to patch that, do you also have the ability to control the display of the overhead caternary, so that can be shown on the third type of track too?
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

As for the 3rd track type, there are indeed high speed tracks. In fact, some trains pass through "rail converters" that addapt the wheels from high speed to regular track and vice versa.
Well, in reality there is no difference between the 2 of them to the naked eye; but I was thinking about making new sprites for high speed track, to make them look somehow different.

Aegir, if you can make that possible it will be GREAT!
Is it possible to add speed limits to track types? that way, TALGO and AVE will be able to run on normal tracks at restricted speed, but regular trains won't be able to go to high speed tracks.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Great to see the coding progress here Death! It all looks awesome.

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Yeah, I was also wondering whether the use of the 3rd track type for AVEs or Talgos would be a good idea.

For the French set, we were pretty much set (no pun intended) to letting TGVs run on the same tracks as normal trains. This is coherent with reality, as TGVs do share the same stations and the same tracks as normal trains. What would be cool, would be to introduce a 3rd rail type, "high speed rails", differentiating it visually using different graphics for ballast and sleepers, making it somewhat compatible with the normal rails, so that TGV trains can run on either track type, but limiting the "normal" rails to 240 km/h, and prohibiting all trains other than TGVs from running on "high speed" tracks. This is pretty much what Sanchi suggested, and I think it would be perfectly sensible. So (1) TGVs would run crippled on normal tracks, encouraging players to build dedicated lines if they want a real high speed service, and (2) the old normal tracks should not be replaced by high speed, as TGVs only could run on the latter and players still need commuter or freight trains.
Also, high speed trains should slow down when entering tunnels, due to the air drag factor. (Maybe this could be valid only for long tunnels?)

This way, one could build shared stations with normal tracks, and then new tracks just for TGVs connecting different stations, just as it is in reality.

Would this be doable?

How is situation in Spain? Do Talgos and AVEs run on tracks with the same gauge as other trains? If the sit there is similar than in France, we'd be happy to develop something jointly.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Snail, I'm happy to hear that!

As I said, AVE and TALGO trains can modify their bogies to addapt to different track types. High speed tracks in Spain are suitable for up to 350 km/h.

So it would be great to work together on this! I'll be busy this weekend. If you want to give it a go, I'd like to see how it comes. I'd like to try it too, so let's see what can we bring :))

* EDIT *
I had spare time, and could bake this:
let me know what do you think
Attachments
rails.png
rails.png (7.44 KiB) Viewed 3584 times
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Im pretty shure the AVE or TALGO do not need to adjust their bogies, i would assume the tracks are all same gauge, just the sleepers are better wich allow more speed on the track, and the track is maintained better.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Akalamanaia wrote:Im pretty shure the AVE or TALGO do not need to adjust their bogies, i would assume the tracks are all same gauge, just the sleepers are better wich allow more speed on the track, and the track is maintained better.
No. Talgo changes bogies to adapt to different track types. For example when going to France, where they use the international gauge; or in the special tracks reserved for high speed, which are a different gauge as the regual tracks. This is currently featured in the line Madrid-Malaga (Madrid Atocha - Puente Genil) which is a 1435 mm gauge track (international gauge) opposed as the regular national gauge in all the Spanish railway network (1676 mm)

I have travelled in the TALGO Madrid-Malaga and they did the operation.

You can see about the bogie system here

The Madrid Atocha - Puente Genil high speed track (in spanish)
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Those are nice looking tracks, Sanchi!

Are high-speed sleepers in Spain made of one piece? In France, the concrete part is split in two, appearing just around each single rail, and there's a steel beam connecting the two pieces, which usually is covered with ballast so it's invisible. You can see it in this pic. If it's the same in Spain, I think it's the best we can develop.

Unfortunately, I don't know whether part of our team can help in developing the rails... I plan to focus all my drawing efforts on the rolling stock, as the French set is still very far from completion, maybe some other artists can help you. But I'll anyway be available for any consulting or editing ;)
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Thanks for that picture, it will come handy. I'll try to give the rails that look.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

[arrgh, yet another custom rail set]

Keep in mind that custom rail sets are problematic with regards to station sets.

regards
Michael
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Ah, now that you mention it, I realized that your new stations didn't work with the shinkansen tracks (they turned to monorail, or maglev, I can't recall)

I have just done some tests:

Canadian set's Narrow Gauge works fine with shinkansen stations, industrial stations and container stations. Only Michael Blunck's New Stations set shows monorail tracks instead of NG; and OZ's Steel mill station also has a strange graphic glitch, where the \ orientation appears with blue background, and / orientation appears with \ oriented tracks...

It's a pity not to be able to use these 2 great addons, they look so great! Is there any way to solve this?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> [...] Is there any way to solve this?

No. At least not for station sets using own ground tiles.

Well, possibly Oskar´s project "newroutes" could be of any help here, in case it´ll allow sprite stacking. But even then, nobody could be sure of the result of mixing two different track ground tiles.

regards
Michael
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hi guys,
Did I miss something?

:arrow: Anyway I've coded the 242 "Confederacion" Steam and the 141 "Mikado Euskalduna" Steam, have fun!

:arrow: I think that it will be better that I put the Talgo and the AVE locos' coding for later, untill we deside what we'll do.

:arrow:
jamesvassie wrote:Great to see the coding progress here Death! It all looks awesome.
thanks, man! :D

Return to “Graphics Development”