Aircraft queueing & planespeed

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

CobraA1 wrote:Turns out that's the easy part - there's built in functions for that kind of stuff.
If you're planning to use the existing function FindNearestHangar in aircraft_cmd.c (or CmdSendAircraftToHangar which calls this function), be aware that it has a few bugs. See my bug report (and fix) here
CobraA1
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by CobraA1 »

Flyspray???

You mean they're not using the SourceForge tracker?
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

That got quietly changed some time ago.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
CobraA1
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by CobraA1 »

Should I add my patch to the flyspray tracker?
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

On the OpenTTD Website Development page it says:
For bug reports, feature requests and patch submissions, please use our flyspray tracker.
Luckz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luckz »

CobraA1 wrote:Flyspray???

You mean they're not using the SourceForge tracker?
Just a few days ago, I wondered if I should suggest them to use FlySpray :p
But, alas.. it's already done!
CobraA1
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by CobraA1 »

so - why flyspray anyways?
AlexH.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlexH. »

Unfortunately, your patch is incompatible with last miniIN.

Code: Select all

===> Compiling viewport.c
viewport.c: In function `TranslateXYToTileCoord':
viewport.c:297: error: parse error before '<<' token
viewport.c:330: error: `pt' undeclared (first use in this function)
viewport.c:330: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
viewport.c:330: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [viewport.o] Error 1
I ride the sky, I rule the night
Till I am free, with sword and sorcery.
The gods look down, hear battle sound.
I carry on, until the fight is won
CobraA1
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by CobraA1 »

Fixed, it is now up to date (for now).
AlexH.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlexH. »

Thanks for quick update. Now I can play openTTD again.
richk67 wrote:Thanks CobraA1. Ive not checked it with the Intercontinental, but have definitely got problems with the Helistation. The helicopters stop in mid air someway short of the helistation, never to proceed further.
I have just made a quick test. A new game, year 2010, all types of airports and heliports, 3 helicopters from Planeset 1.5. Every helicopter passing every station. And moreover, a 3 jets coming with them. None flaws, none helicopters stuck in the air. I think the bug is gone :)
fabrizioxp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fabrizioxp »

Hi, I have the last last miniIN: "OTTD-win32-MiniIN-r5838-MiniIN.zip", but in the menu "configure Patches -> Vehicles" not there is the option for the control of the speed of the aircraft...
CobraA1
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by CobraA1 »

I'm gonna be gone for a week, so no updates until after the 28th.
AlexH.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlexH. »

Oh my, new version of miniIN again, and again corrupts with queue patch :(
b34n1e
Engineer
Engineer

Post by b34n1e »

hey guys,

I was wondering what the latest is on the planespeed patch, its a feature I've really missed from ottd.
AlexH.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlexH. »

I understand not why compatible version wasn't added to MiniIN weeks ago. Then it's again out-of-date and probably miss latest MiniIN :P.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

60% irritation at someone (not you) pestering rudely about the patch, and 40% "Im busy with the rest of my life".

There is nothing stopping anyone from merging this with MiniIN and posting an executable in this thread. However, at the moment, I havent got time for the constant updates and bug fixes in the current MiniIN, without having to cope with new bugs from new patches.

Maybe after my holiday - so in early October. Sorry if its not the answer you wanted.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
CobraA1
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by CobraA1 »

Drop me an email when you have time again, and I'll update again. Right now, I myself have a lot of "Im busy with the rest of my life" to worry about. Until we both have time available, there's probably not going to be anymore updates, as my life is very busy at the moment.
b34n1e
Engineer
Engineer

Post by b34n1e »

Thanks.

I think I remember reading the post you mean.

Let me say for my part that I really appreciate all the great work you have done on making Ottd so fantastic.

Have been trying to figure out how to integrate files etc, hopefully will be able to do something productive at some time in the future.

Keep up the good work chaps, there are a helluva lot of people out there who feel the same way about the work you're doing
CobraA1
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by CobraA1 »

Since they've added the ability to import PNG maps, and I love it (I've already created long island and new zealand maps) - I'll be updating my patch in the next day or two, so you can import maps and queue planes :).

Only the main patch, though: I'm not updating MiniIN intil it is indicated the author is interested in including my patch.

Please do not pester the author of MiniIN about it, he doesn't like it. When he has time and interest, I'm sure he'll contact me about it.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

My impression was that RichK was interested in this patch, but only if a certain idiot quit pestering him endlessly.

OTOH, I realize that maintaining the "Mini" (which is anything but) is a lot of work, and it may be that he's reached the limit of what he can reasonably do until more stuff gets merged into trunk.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “OpenTTD Development”