George's new cargos [aborted] Use ECS instead

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

How should the building look it transperent mode

as the ground part with the above part in grey (default behaviour)
21%
there should be a text with cargo name over the ground part (English only)
22%
there should be an icon of the cargo over the ground part
56%
other (specify please)
1%

Total votes: 68

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:I'm for blue one but it can be random
It's in player's colours.
Image Image Image Image
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I allowed myself doing small comparizon for the poll
Attachments
hotel.PNG
hotel.PNG (34.1 KiB) Viewed 3742 times
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The brown one looks better IMO.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Brown definitely!!!
And fountain is awesome :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I actually like both of them ^^U
can't it be painted in magic brown and have that change color too?
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

maybe dependng on the building year
brown - old
grey-blue - newer
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Heya, George! I worked on those few things that you asked me to do on the hotel. As you can see, I shaded the balcony windows, and added a little shade beneath. Also, added some vertical texture to the satellite dish towers, and tweaked the roofline of the towers. I hope that you like it. I didn't want to mess around too much, because, after all, it is your drawing. Thanks for letting me work on it a bit.

I'm not sure about the dome being in company colors. I like the gold, and from what I can see in the photo, that's the actual color. Maybe the sign on the roof could be in CC?

I would certainly like to work on some attractions for this set. However, right now, I'm focusing on finishing up the city stations set. Dunno, though, maybe as a break from time-to-time, I could work on a few attractions for the tourists. Suggestions?

BTW: I guess that you can tell which version I voted for. :)

Cheers!
Attachments
Hotel Pribaltiskaya.png
Hotel Pribaltiskaya.png (5.71 KiB) Viewed 3675 times
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
onodera
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by onodera »

Oz wrote:I'm not sure about the dome being in company colors. I like the gold, and from what I can see in the photo, that's the actual color. Maybe the sign on the roof could be in CC?
Seconded.
It's a nodding donkey in my avatar, not me! I'm an oil rig.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Oz wrote:I'm not sure about the dome being in company colors. I like the gold, and from what I can see in the photo, that's the actual color. Maybe the sign on the roof could be in CC?
Agreed. The dome should be gold IMO. Other colors would look strange, I think.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Oz wrote:I worked on those few things that you asked me to do on the hotel.
Cool. Even if I'm a god in RVs, I have to learn a lot to be as half as good as you to draw buildings. I've spend two weeks on one hotel, and you made it shine in several hours. You are really a master in drawing buildings! I hope you could learn me some of your tricks ;)
Oz wrote:As you can see, I shaded the balcony windows, and added a little shade beneath.
Cool! I've spend lots of time on drawing elements, and you replaced it with a noise style shadow and became much better!
Oz wrote:Also, added some vertical texture to the satellite dish towers, and tweaked the roofline of the towers. I hope that you like it.
Well, I got your idea, but I've decided to change them a little to make towers look more symmetric
Oz wrote:I didn't want to mess around too much, because, after all, it is your drawing. Thanks for letting me work on it a bit.
But you made it better than me :roll: So, it was a good idea
Oz wrote:I'm not sure about the dome being in company colours. I like the gold, and from what I can see in the photo, that's the actual colour. Maybe the sign on the roof could be in CC?
Well, then let's left the dome in gold. I don't want to make the name in the CC.
Oz wrote:I would certainly like to work on some attractions for this set. However, right now, I'm focusing on finishing up the city stations set. Dunno, though, maybe as a break from time-to-time, I could work on a few attractions for the tourists. Suggestions?
I plan to add some city statues, hotels and others
Oz wrote:BTW: I guess that you can tell which version I voted for. :)
Grey? :wink:

Well, after some uniting of your work, Zimmlock's suggestions, and my building, I can suggest 3 variants.
Attachments
pribaltiskaya4.png
pribaltiskaya4.png (77.01 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
Image Image Image Image
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

I think the bottom one, it just adds a little more variety to the building.
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Bottom one is definately better, IMO.
Image Image
troopper5
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by troopper5 »

My eyes won't find any difference on it and that on right side... :P

I like brown one too.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I think its a wonderful building, and I love it, but if its meant to be accurate to the photo on page one, then its wayyyy too tall.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

the third (bottom) got white roof near golden copule
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Oooooooo.....yeeaahh! I really like the bottom one. :D

Glad you liked the tweaks I made, and glad that I could lend a hand. If you ever want me to do anything else, just give a holler!

Cheers!
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Bottom one :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Oz wrote:I really like the bottom one.
But you voted for grey?
Oz wrote:Glad you liked the tweaks I made, and glad that I could lend a hand. If you ever want me to do anything else, just give a holler!
Thanks for your help, I'll try to make a statue now.
Last edited by George on 27 Jul 2005 05:07, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

i think the right bit should be taller ie: the long bit not the tower as that is how it is in the photo
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

And something more. The statue "Bronze Rider"
Attachments
peter1-1.png
peter1-1.png (14.18 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”