George's new cargos [aborted] Use ECS instead

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

How should the building look it transperent mode

as the ground part with the above part in grey (default behaviour)
21%
there should be a text with cargo name over the ground part (English only)
22%
there should be an icon of the cargo over the ground part
56%
other (specify please)
1%

Total votes: 68

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

George wrote:
Purno wrote:
George wrote:I forgot to post the modern petrol station. What do you think about it?
Doesn't look like a petrol station to me :?
For me too. But what has to be changed?
TBH, I don't know. Perhaps make the roof not transparent, but that'll loose everything underneath it :?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

One thing that goes for nearly all petrol stations, is that the roof over the pumps is higher then the roof of the store, because it has to allow for trucks to visit aswell, while the store most of the time is a onestory building.
Another thing that is usually done is that the roof over the pumps is supported by a few colums near the center of it, and not as you have drawn them at the edge.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Hey Georgre ... agree with Rob .. raise the roof and locate the support pillars in the middle by the pumps.
Also just put a store on the tile ... no service bays.
That way we can build a depot on a tile adjacent to the petrol station,
which brings up another suggestion ... try to keep the scale to the same as the depots.
Which brings up the next suggestion ... redraw the depots to look more like service bays for your petrol stations.
That's it ... no more suggestions ... for the moment. :wink:

Ooops! I lied! :roll:
Last suggestion ... a drive through car wash, perhaps instead of the service bays you drew. :wink:
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Like this?
Attachments
PetrolStation1x2-2.png
PetrolStation1x2-2.png (3.43 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
Image Image Image Image
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

That looks much better George!

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Very nice! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

That is really good George.
I don't know if the European petrol stations have a sign by the road but in North America they often have big name/brand signs that also show the current price.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

There are such signs in Serbia, it's good idea to add it to graphic.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Yes this looks much better.
And I agree with wallyweb about the sign. :)
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Wile E.Coyote wrote:There are such signs in Serbia, it's good idea to add it to graphic.
Not just in Serbia, it is like this everywhere around Europe :D
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

More reasons to add them :wink:

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Gergoe, I do not like complain about your works (they are great)
but I think there are too many petrol stations
My towns growth, well just a bit, to around 2000 but there are plenty petrol stations, in 1 place 4 of them, would it be possible to make them less frequent

oh and please make it depending on gameplay year (in 1930 very less, in 2000 a lots) but I think 4 per 4000 town will be enough, don't you ?
(I do not have game here but if petrol station building does not accept: 1 petrol, only less it could be changed to whole 1 petrol per building)

another thing is when I go to transparent mode, the banner PETROL (that was on a building's roof) is no visible on the ground (could be a bit more visible). I think it's great feature to see what accepts what in transparent mode, however I would like same for tourists
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:George, I do not like complain about your works (they are great) but I think there are too many petrol stations
As much as intended. Do you think values should be changed?
SHADOW-XIII wrote:My towns growth, well just a bit, to around 2000 but there are plenty petrol stations, in 1 place 4 of them, would it be possible to make them less frequent
There should be 4 in 2000p. town. Becuse you have only old stations (as I can understand), you need two to accept petrol, so 4 is not much
SHADOW-XIII wrote:oh and please make it depending on gameplay year (in 1930 very less, in 2000 a lots) but I think 4 per 4000 town will be enough, don't you ?
The year specify the petrol station type. The population - amount of ststions
SHADOW-XIII wrote:(I do not have game here but if petrol station building does not accept: 1 petrol, only less it could be changed to whole 1 petrol per building)
it is 1 for the whole 2-tile station.
SHADOW-XIII wrote:another thing is when I go to transparent mode, the banner PETROL (that was on a building's roof) is no visible on the ground (could be a bit more visible).
I'll try
SHADOW-XIII wrote:I think it's great feature to see what accepts what in transparent mode, however I would like same for tourists
I'll try
the site page wrote:1x1 petrol station
Build in 1930-1980 with the double probability. Accepts 6/8 petrol, 3/8 goods, 1/8 passengers. Only two per 1024 citizens. 10 stations per town max.
2x1 petrol station
Build in 1960-2010 with the sesquialteral probability. Accepts 6/8 petrol, 3/8 goods, 1/8 passengers per tile. Only one per 1024 citizens above 1536. 5 stations per town max.
1x2 petrol station
Build in 1990 and later with the double probability. Accepts petrol, 4/8 goods, 1/8 passengers per tile. Only one per 1024 citizens above 2048. 5 stations per town max.
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Someone posted this photo on these forums some time ago. I used it as the sample. Hope you like the result. The statue of John Batchelor (if I've not mistaken in reading the name)
Attachments
thestatueofjohnbatchelor.png
thestatueofjohnbatchelor.png (1.29 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
grampy_took_these_027_927.png
grampy_took_these_027_927.png (80.84 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
Image Image Image Image
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Very nice, George! :D But maybe you can draw rounded shape under statue as ellipse (like in photo)?
May I suggest statue in Trg Republike, main Belgrade's square? This is popularly called "Konj", you may name it "Horse rider".
Attachments
narodno_knez.jpg
narodno_knez.jpg (16.93 KiB) Viewed 1571 times

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

another thing is when I go to transparent mode, the banner PETROL (that was on a building's roof) is no visible on the ground (could be a bit more visible). I think it's great feature to see what accepts what in transparent mode, however I would like same for tourists
I'd like to discuss this possibility

From my point of view it is a good Idea, but Michael Blunk said it looks ugly. There is also a language problem. So, may be an icon istead of text would be better.

Please, express your opinion
Attachments
transparent.png
transparent.png (20.23 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
Image Image Image Image
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> [...] Michael Blunk said it looks ugly.

No, he didn´t. He said:

"I don´t think this a good idea at all. TTD uses a different mechanism. The transparent mode has its own usage apart from the query tool."

regards
Michael
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

michael blunck wrote:> [...] Michael Blunk said it looks ugly.
No, he didn´t. He said:
"I don´t think this a good idea at all. TTD uses a different mechanism. The transparent mode has its own usage apart from the query tool."
The idea is that you don't like it. Is that's correct?
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:Very nice, George! :D But maybe you can draw rounded shape under statue as ellipse (like in photo)?
It will not fit in. And I do not want to make the statue smaler, because it would less recognisable
Wile E. Coyote wrote:May I suggest statue in Trg Republike, main Belgrade's square? This is popularly called "Konj", you may name it "Horse rider".
I have a huge list of statues in SPb to draw. The only reason that This photo made me to draw this statue is the ange of the photo and the light fall. It is very hard to find photos of the statues made from high above. But there are lots of taken from the same level and from the ground level. So, if you are like enough to find such a good photor of the statue (from the above, 45% from the front, light from the right-front direction), you want me to draw, than I may draw it. But if you have only standard views - no chance for now.
Image Image Image Image
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

well, it is great with for example ordinary residence building to see what it accepts

yes it cannot be translate, icon would be good, but will it be good visible ? maybe big white outline around the icon would be enough
what are you looking at? it's a signature!

Return to “Graphics Development”