Sacros day length patch

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

heppers wrote:Daylength + AI
I find that using the latest MiniIN having the day length set to anything other than the normal 1 causes the game to crash.
Any ideas?
somebody broke the patch, i'll try to give look at it but don't expect a fix because i don't have time and i'm not so good at coding
SVW-Gigant
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Sacros day length patch

Post by SVW-Gigant »

Hello!
It´s long time ago from the last post. Now, I have played a map on OTTD 0.6.1 and I think the time goes to fast (2 secs per day/are that 74 or 2 ticks?). In 24 hrs, it´s possible to play from 1930 - 2050 without pause.
I loaded the diff-files with notepad, but i totally have no plan how to use it. What should I have to do with the diff-data to turn the daylenght on 4 secs per day (TT original timescale)? And are the vehicles moving with normal speed from A to B? It seems... And witch version is the newest? Google finds to many crumbs of infos.
Please help, Thx!
experience Northern Germany 2.1!
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

This patch was abandoned 2 years ago, and a new patch based on this is already up to date to be applied to trunk (maybe not the last 100 revisions)
SVW-Gigant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SVW-Gigant »

That means that there is not a daylength-patch for 0.6.1 yet? If it is not so, can u easy tell me, how to use the diff-file and which is the newest?

grz
experience Northern Germany 2.1!
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

A quick look at the page of the development section and I found the right version, it's in the middle of the development subforum: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=31657 ask there
whynot?
Engineer
Engineer

Post by whynot? »

a more advanced warning when a track goes over a road and a train approaches.
For effiency, I put the signals right up to it, but many road vehicles get crashed into. Could you make a 10 tile long or whatever warning? So when a train is 10 tiles away, the road closes and lets the train past.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hi

i m sure u picked the wrong topic...

but i ll be kind... If u use pbs signal before roadcross it works exactly like you asked ! you can put whatever number of tiles between the roadcross and signals... but no other signal have to be between

cya

Return to “OpenTTD Development”