New Mines

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

A bit reworked iron ore mine + construction stages.
Attachments
ironmine.grf
(39.06 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Looks great. :D
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks very great!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Is the mine compatible with both Temperate and Arctic climate grass?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

krtaylor wrote:Is the mine compatible with both Temperate and Arctic climate grass?
I have tested it in temperate only, the grass is part of mine sprites, co it would probably be noticeable in Arctic. But there is only gold mine in arctic, isn't it?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes, but the Canadian set puts the iron-ore vector in the Arctic. This is actually quite realistic, and I expect that Scandinavian sets would do the same thing.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

Well, this is just a graphic replacement, there is no coding - not that it would not be interesting (for example modifying graphics depending on year or production), but I simply do not know how to do it yet - and did not really tried it.
If I replace "grass" parts of an industry sprite by transparent, should it show grass under it, or is the underlying terrain sprite completelly replaced by an industry?

Hm...maybe worth a try, but not now. I will do something with it in (possible) next version.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

It will show water AFAIK. I tried to do something with car shops. You must set different sprites depending of climate AFAIK.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:It will show water AFAIK. I tried to do something with car shops. You must set different sprites depending of climate AFAIK.
If he wants too naturally ;). Looks 1000x better than the stupid TTD mines, Prebral. Good job :!:
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Now you just need to make them produce a bit more! :P
Last known as: Weirdy
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

Some work in progress... an administrative building of a cca 1890-1940s limestone quarry (the quarry itself is a tougher job, I am not used to draw on slopes).
Attachments
Srbsko by Karlstein, Czech rep.
Srbsko by Karlstein, Czech rep.
hostim.png (39.13 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

:shock: That's a very, very nice building. :shock:
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
TGVfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TGVfan »

Doesnt really look great :evil:

Looks fantastic :lol: :wink:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

OMG, that looks awesome :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

:shock: OMG, that's great!
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

Thanks, I am glad you like it. It will however take some time to make it usable - I expect limestone quarries to be quite complex and variable industries.

Some other WIP: A double Pacold-system limekiln (Prague - Velká Chuchle), 2nd half of 19th century. In use until 1938.
Attachments
Based on a real one, again...
Based on a real one, again...
vapenka.png (41.52 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

It looks like a heavy artillery battery mounted on spaceships. :shock:
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

White Rabbit wrote:It looks like a heavy artillery battery mounted on spaceships. :shock:
:-)

A better picture of the original:
(I used darker colors because the real one is now being reconstructed as a technical monument and thus "polished" - it was surely not so shining when it was in use)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Prebral wrote:Some other WIP: A double Pacold-system limekiln (Prague - Velká Chuchle), 2nd half of 19th century. In use until 1938.
Well, it's a nice drawing, but IMO it doesn't really fit in the TT world...
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”