Forum games forum?

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Forum games forum?

Post by ThorRune »

Mm? Because the forum games are taking a lot of space in the ot forum, and a lot of people that go into the ot dosen't care about the games, they are pretty much a totally different section.

'greed?
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Mwah, I don't mind the games being in off-topic. And TBH I think the forum index is already long enough.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Forum games forum?

Post by GoneWacko »

ThorRune wrote:'greed?
No.
Firstly it would somewhat stimulate the creation of silly/boring/annoying games. I think we have enough games as it is, really.

Secondly, It's not really necessary. It's not like the front page of the off-topic forum only shows games.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

If you put the new forum riiiight at the bottom (near the Spam Bin) I'm fine with it. Off-topic is just pointless right now.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Off-Topic is not pointless, it's fun. Let us also have fun in stead of working hard on all those projects :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

No more new sections please, this is getting out of hand
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I agree, besides the games are OT compared to TTD so I don't see why it should be different.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

spaceman-spiff wrote:this is getting out of hand
Uh, how? It's just a suggestion, and people don't agree. One guy thinking there should be another section i hardly stuff getting out of hand :P

And why i think it should have a different section is just that forum games ain't exactly off-topic discussion.
r
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: low.kay.shun - Generally used to refer to the site of a settlement or area.

Post by r »

I've never liked those games, and it does annoy me when people who post in them religiously complain about 'spammers'. And it really boils my swede when I check the new posts on the OT board and they're all in those bloody game threads. But we've established many times that no-one cares what I think.

Having said that, I don't mind the music game as there's a fair bit of intellect involved, particularly when it gets to the stage when we can't think of any more songs that begin with E and R...
r - Why be a song when you can be a symphony?

[23:14] r: Don't diss Beck, he invented music!
[23:15] Dave: That's like saying the current pope invented Catholicism.

00:09]r: Heh, no-one's replied to your gay thread
[00:10] Dave: Your mom.
[00:11] r: Say what you want about her, she's a c**t
[00:11] Dave: I take a similar dim view of my own mother.
[00:11]r: Did yours leave your dad for a posh tw*t with a mullet and a handlebar moustache then take what was supposed to be your money for uni as part of the divorce settlement?
[00:12] Dave: Sadly not.
[00:13] r: You know what that means then?
[00:13] r: That means I win.

Primeval Blue - almost certainly not the best band in the world.
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thor Rune

Post by TheGrew »

ThorRune we all know that all you want to do is increase your post count :!:
PS:I disagree
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Thor Rune

Post by Purno »

alistairgrew wrote:ThorRune we all know that all you want to do is increase your post count :!:
We do? The guy is only posting 6 post a day average, that's not really much...
Image Image
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Thor Rune

Post by ThorRune »

alistairgrew wrote:ThorRune we all know that all you want to do is increase your post count :!:
Yeah? I don't post in those games unless i'm incredibily bored, and i don't care much about my post count any more.

Edit: Purno, yeah, thanks :P Back when i was Zetor, it used to be 12.7 or soemthing a day :o
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

_r_ wrote:But we've established many times that no-one cares what I think.
I care what you think. I just don't always agree with what you think :lol: .

But this time, I agree with the general consensus. If thats even a word.

A section for games would generate more of them, which are really pointless. Hell, some people may enjoy them, but I honestly don't see the thrill or the skill needed to type in a word that has something to do with the word before it.

As it stands, there are not enough games for their own section, and if they got their own section, there would be too many of them.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

_r_ wrote:I've never liked those games, and it does annoy me when people who post in them religiously complain about 'spammers'. And it really boils my swede when I check the new posts on the OT board and they're all in those bloody game threads. But we've established many times that no-one cares what I think.

Having said that, I don't mind the music game as there's a fair bit of intellect involved, particularly when it gets to the stage when we can't think of any more songs that begin with E and R...
You're contradicting yourself so I won't listen to your advice

Game topics can be fun as long as you keep to my general rule, leave at least 3 other members the chance to post something
This also means I don't allow 2 members having a friendly game on their own :!:

ALSO: hyronymous could explain this a bit better, if we created a special section with the few games we have (allow), then everyone would get an urge to start new ones :roll:
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Not that I'm advocating the games section, but is it not possible to create a section where new threads are prohibited, but new posts in existing threads are permitted?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

It is possible, infact I was thinking much the same thing
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

DaleStan wrote:Not that I'm advocating the games section, but is it not possible to create a section where new threads are prohibited, but new posts in existing threads are permitted?
\

Hmm, you know, that's not a bad idea at all IMO...

With installing a modification, posts in that section won't even increase postcount.
Image Image
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Yeah, 'deed. But, then... Would people post possible new games in OT and they'd be moved it their something people like, or? The postcound won't increase mod is simple, you can make it manually with a single if-statement (if topic id = one of the games forum, leave out postcount increase bit of the script) if you don't need it in the acp. So, that's possible.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

ThorRune wrote:Yeah, 'deed. But, then... Would people post possible new games in OT and they'd be moved it their something people like, or?
Well, if it's a good game I won't mind it being moved to the games forum, but when it's bad it just can be locked (and moved to the spam bin or games forum).
Image Image
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I'm not installing any sort of "non-postcount-incrementor" mods, for reasons I have specified many times before over the past three years. (Ooooh.... it's the forum's 3rd birthday tomorrow! :D)

Also, I'm not sure a games forum is really that great an idea. I think things are OK as they are in the OT forum for the moment.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”