How much money?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Gregs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gregs »

i'm pretty happy with my 250,000,000 a year. I find that long cargo line work the best with the industries producing the most they can.
peter24
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peter24 »

My company currently makes £250,000,000/year profit and my balance is £19 billion. I've only capitalised on about half the towns on this map though so I could make more.

I have to add that's i'm the only company in the game though :)
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

A better way to compare is using the delivered cargo graph.
I can start with approx. 97000 units for 3 months. This gives +230Mil. Euro per year.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

Well two old-saves.
First:
Year: 2050 (started 1936)
Cargo devilivered (1 year): 207,072
Profit: £22million per year (£20m trains (#72), £2m aircraft ('40))
Balance: £838 million
Map: 256*256

Second, a collaboration network game (the xmas one as it happens):
Year: 2053 (started 1945)
Cargo delivered (1 year): 448,942
Profit: £61mil a year (and rising) (£39m trains (#248), £20m aircraft (#101))
Balance: £1.6bil (lots was spent on the big xmas-sign (landscaping))
map: 256*12

Inflation off on both

Interestingly, it's clear I was making MUCH more per-train on the smaller map than we did with the collaboration.
Conversely the aircraft in the collaboration made significantly more money, but I'd hazard that's because it was a bigger map which means much more money for aircraft.

Return to “General OpenTTD”