Mini Integrated Nightly [discontinued 31/12/2006]

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

Problem with Speed Signs patch? All i get is "Can't place signals here..." error. Havent used it before now though, so maybe theres a requirement im unaware of.
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

i've download SVN 4350, download patch_mini_4350, applyed patch to SVN, try compile in cygwin and get an error:

Code: Select all

main_gui.c: In function `ScenEditLandGenWndProc':
main_gui.c:1552: error: `SLD_LOAD_PNG' undeclared (first use in this function)
main_gui.c:1552: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main_gui.c:1552: error: for each function it appears in.)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

SLD_LOAD_PNG is undef because WITH_PNG is not defined.

This is a bug in PNGLoad, but I have no clue how to fix the IN patch; RichK did something strange to the code.

Compile using a compiler with a working libpng (I know VS has one, I understand that Dev-cpp does), or remove the #ifdef WITH_PNG/#endif near functions.h:235.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

ok, now i compile it in VC6
I get openttd.exe 3,5 MEG size ( in debug mode)
when i switch to Release mode (without debugging) i can't compile openttd.exe, and take 1 error:

Code: Select all

F:\develop\VC98\INCLUDE\math.h(154) : error C2373: 'myabs' : redefinition; different type modifiers
        F:\develop\src\src_4350\macros.h(142) : see declaration of 'myabs'
who can help me?[/code]
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

DaleStan wrote:This is a bug in PNGLoad, but I have no clue how to fix the IN patch; RichK did something strange to the code.
And upon further thought, I realize that TGPerlin removed the "Generate Random Land" button, hence the reason its case block vanished. Wrap the erroring statement and the previous one (HandleButtonClick(w,15); or somesuch) with #ifdef WITH_PNG/#endif.

If the problem is evident in a clean trunk, talk to Darkvater and/or submit a report on Flyspray. If it is not, talk to the author of the patch that changed the line(s) in question.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

DaleStan wrote:SLD_LOAD_PNG is undef because WITH_PNG is not defined.

This is a bug in PNGLoad, but I have no clue how to fix the IN patch; RichK did something strange to the code.
Not that strange. I didnt include one button, and so your patch became button (and case) 15, rather than 16. Otherwise, no changes. Your patch merged really nicely. :)

Planeset 1.2 throws an int error as described in the OP of this thread. Any chance of an update on that one, Dalestan? Thanks.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

sc79 wrote:Problem with Speed Signs patch? All i get is "Can't place signals here..." error. Havent used it before now though, so maybe theres a requirement im unaware of.
Hmm. It should work OK - I'll check the win32 binary, since I dont have my source in front of me.

The signs have exactly the same rules as signals; you cant place them on a junction, but must be before/after.

[EDIT] yup, its broken. :( I wont be able to debug it until I get home. Its possible another patch is trying to use the same memory space in m2. PBS took over its old space in m4.

[Closed] OK. Found the problem. I cant load an update yet, but if you want to modify the code, this is what you need to do:
In rail_cmd.c, replace the (int x, int y, parameters passed to CmdBuildSpeedSign, and CmdRemoveSpeedSign with (TileIndex tile, ..... Then comment out/remove the TileIndex line immediately following.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Firework Photography
madman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madman »

have you heard back from the creators of the planespeed/queuing and subsidiaries patches?

(so good to play with)
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

madman wrote:have you heard back from the creators of the planespeed/queuing and subsidiaries patches?

(so good to play with)
not yet. do you know if those patches build 100% cleanly against current SVN?? if so, I'll try to add them anyway
Firework Photography
Splatman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Splatman »

Subsidiaries will not patch correctly at the moment, (Changing DoCommand from X and Y to tile seems to have broken it) trying to fix it right now.

EDIT:

Fixed it new diff file in the thread.
LordOfThePigs
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LordOfThePigs »

More precisely, that would be here, and i'd love to see it integrated in the integrated nightly (as it has always been the case since the integrated nightlies started).
Sometimes I'm told "Brilliant"...
Sometimes I'm told "Charming"...
And Often I'm told "Shut Up"!
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

LordOfThePigs wrote:More precisely, that would be here, and i'd love to see it integrated in the integrated nightly (as it has always been the case since the integrated nightlies started).
I intended including it, but it does depend on the patches being current. I didnt have your status... so wouldnt say for sure it would be in. I'll try to add it tonite.
Firework Photography
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=23957

change MAX_SCREEN_WIDTH = 2048, and MAX_SCREEN_HEIGHT = 1200, in openttd.h to atleast 3200x1600, but preferably as high as possable such as 10240x7680 to allow for high res and multiple screens.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

bobingabout wrote:http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=23957

change MAX_SCREEN_WIDTH = 2048, and MAX_SCREEN_HEIGHT = 1200, in openttd.h to atleast 3200x1600, but preferably as high as possable such as 10240x7680 to allow for high res and multiple screens.
Please. OK. I'll see if it can be done.
Firework Photography
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

I don't know wether a patch or source itself caused this, but I got an assertion failure with the MiniIN r4350 ->
Program: openttd.exe
File: rail.h
Line: 439 - probably because comments are not counted - the real # is 466

Expression: railtype < RAILTYPE_END

The game was "hard" without disasters so 7 idiot AIs and me...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

richk67 wrote:
gamezguy wrote:Maybe Owen Rudges music patch could be added http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... hlight=mp3
Currently this patch doesnt diff properly/at all, and even after resolving the diff conflicts, I was unable to make it compile. However, a new update may be on its way.
Indeed, it'll probably need updating to work with the latest SVN. I may or may not do this sometime, depends if I have enough time and energy. As nobody seems to be interested in it now after all that work, I'm not sure if I can be bothered at the moment... perhaps later in the year when I have more time.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

orudge wrote:Indeed, it'll probably need updating to work with the latest SVN. I may or may not do this sometime, depends if I have enough time and energy. As nobody seems to be interested in it now after all that work, I'm not sure if I can be bothered at the moment... perhaps later in the year when I have more time.
Well, if it gets in the miniIN, it gets introduced to a wide audience, who then cant live without it ;) But I totally understand if you dont have the time or inclination - I get that way about the IN too! ;)
Firework Photography
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

SirkoZ wrote:I don't know wether a patch or source itself caused this, but I got an assertion failure with the MiniIN r4350 ->
Program: openttd.exe
File: rail.h
Line: 439 - probably because comments are not counted - the real # is 466

Expression: railtype < RAILTYPE_END

The game was "hard" without disasters so 7 idiot AIs and me...
When did it happen? On a quick look, this appears to be in a piece of source code. RAILTYPE_END does not appear in the miniIN patch files.
Firework Photography
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

richk67 wrote:When did it happen? On a quick look, this appears to be in a piece of source code. RAILTYPE_END does not appear in the miniIN patch files.
Now I remember - it was 1999, I was just replacing rail tracks with monorail (renew-drag button) and this assertion error popped up...
Competitors (AI) were mostly inactive...
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

LordOfThePigs wrote:More precisely, that would be here, and i'd love to see it integrated in the integrated nightly (as it has always been the case since the integrated nightlies started).
Done, and in from r4361.
Firework Photography

Return to “General OpenTTD”