OpenTTD 0.4.8

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD 0.4.8

Post by Darkvater »

I'm glad to announce the final release of our 0.4 cycle. For those of you who have been following the release candidates virtually nothing has changed.
For all others the long list of fixes are pasted here. You are highly encouraged to update from 0.4.7 as that version has some network vulnerabilities which can spoil multiplayer fun.

We hope you enjoy this version as much as the previous ones and continue our support. As always, the files are in the download section over at http://www.openttd.org/downloads.php

On a different matter: we have moved the IRC channel to irc.oftc.net #openttd, since freenode is so s***. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Changelog:
[list]
[*]- Fix: A ship in a depot must be stopped before it can be cloned.
[*]- Fix: After changing directory in 'Play Scenario', the default scenarios didn't show up in 'New Game'
[*]0.4.8-RC2 (2006-07-31)
[*]------------------------------------------------------------------------
[*]- Feature: Add Italian town names as we have an official Italian translation
[*]- Codechange: Verify the presence of music files in the gm/ folder. This should also solve some 100% CPU buildup for some users.
[*]- Fix: Certain combinations of trains crash when moved around inside the depot.
[*]- Fix: Reversed arrow-sign in the multiplayer list column headers on sort by name
[*]- Fix: Industry production change button doesn't work for oilrig passangers.
[*]- Fix: Helicopters stopping in depot after autorenew/autoreplace
[*]- Fix: MorphOS crashes when you go a level up in the root level
[*]- Fix: UDP sockets were used even if network-availability was set to false
[*]- Fix: Crash when trying to build a vehicle type that is set to a max of zero
[*]
[*]0.4.8-RC1 (2006-06-28 )
[*]------------------------------------------------------------------------
[*]- Feature: Add Turkish town names as we have an official Turkish translation
[*]- Feature: Add a fully optional configure script that is a wrapper around the cumbersome makefile.config
[*]- Codechange: [NPF] Disable NPF totally for ships as it wholly kills performance (blathijs). Only for 0.4/ branch and 0.4.8.
[*]- Fix: Redraw the screen when switching the signal side in the patches window
[*]- Fix: It was possible to dig into a tunnel if certain rail combinations were ontop of it
[*]- Fix: A HQ could only be flooded at its northern tile, the other 3 were immune to water
[*]- Fix: Fix several glitches concerning foundations. Houses, property (rail/road/bridge/etc.) and cursor are now aligned properly
[*]- Fix: Prohibit altering a road tile while road works are in progress. This fixes some glitches like "turning" the excavation by adding/removing road bits or removing the road piece
[*]- Fix: Only advertise the server to your external IP/network (eg not to 127.0.0.1) and use proper broadcast addresses
[*]- Fix: '-f' switch is not valid on windows, so don't show it in help
[*]- Fix: [autoreplace] Autoreplaced trains can leave all wagons in depot under certain circumstances
[*]- Fix: The wrong IP could get unbanned, e.g. 'unban 1.2.3.42' could result in unbanning 1.2.3.4
[*]- Fix: It was possible to convert the railtype of a bridge while a train was on it
[*]- Fix: It was possible to rename signs or waypoints with the chat box
[*]- Fix: Be more strict what it means for an aircraft to be in a hangar: It's not just being stopped on a hangar tile
[*]- Fix: If a road vehicle is on a road depot tile and stopped doesn't mean it's in the depot. Use the proper test for this
[*]- Fix: [AI] The AI should send a plane into a hangar if it's not in a hangar _or_ not stopped, not when it's not in a hangar _and_ not stopped
[*]- Fix: [AI] The trolly AI used information from the wrong industry when calculating the amount of to be transported goods
[*]- Fix: [NTP] Fix NTP over bridges: don't check the rail type when on a bridge
[*]- Fix: Truncate text in dropdown lists to stop text overflowing.
[*]- Fix: "Erroneous train reversal on waypoints". When processing the next train order, do not even consider reversing the train if the last order was to a waypoint.
[*]- Fix: Starting a new scenario did not adhere to local difficulty settings but took it from the scenario itself. That mode is for 'play scenario'
[*]- Fix: Vehicles on a sloped tile under a bridge were affected by the bridge speed limit
[*]- Fix: Issue with train pathfinding over level crossings.
[*]- Fix: [AI] The AI no longer attempts to build signals under bridges.
[*]- Fix: Refresh build vehicle window (if opened) when converting rail depot
[*]- Fix: Crash when sorting an empty server list.
[*]- Fix: The build-tree window button defaulted to a place-push-button on opening where no treetype is selected.
[*]- Fix: Game crashes when cloning/autoreplace reaches train-limit
[*]- Fix: [NTP] properly check for railtypes on non-plain-rail-tiles
[*]- Fix: Trains could enter certain sloped rail tiles under bridges with incompatible rail type
[*]- Fix: Ensure the map memory is cleared after it is allocated. This fixes random deserts that sometimes occurred.
[*]- Fix: Some weird behaviour with tile selection near bridges
[*]- Fix: Don't allow PF to enter train depot from the back (signal updates)
[*]- Fix: Game no longer crashes when the last vehicle servicing a station has been deleted
[*]- Fix: Reset the last built railtype when starting a new game
[*]- Fix: Cloned vehicles get the same service interval as the original vehicle
[*]- Fix: Game no longer errors out when "Many random towns" is selected in the scenario editor.
[*]- Fix: Obscure road dragging bug. The road build command did not return the appropiate error message of invalid-slope when building road.
[*]- Fix: Temperate bank will no longer appear (during game) in tropic landscape. This bug is from the original game.
[*]- Fix: Specify the 'stopall' console command as a debug command.
[*]- Fix: Fixed a problem that caused DeliverGoodsToIndustry to not work as intended
[*]- Fix: Ships and aircraft can now be used as feeders as well
[*]- Fix: When a multiheaded train is sold the pointers were not updated correctly causing sporadious crashes/disconnects.
[*]- Fix: New plantations now cause the correct ".. being planted .." news item
[*]- Fix: Danish town names were saved/loaded as Swiss
[*]- Fix: Removing roads on crossings was done without a check for ownership
[*]- Fix: [autoreplace] Fix drawing of train list for outdated engines
[*]- Fix: Malicious clients/servers could crash the game
[*]- Fix: [autoreplace] allow replacement of wagons even when the engine fails to be replaced
[*]- Fix: Certain operations involving trains inside a depot could cause a crash
[*]- Fix: [autoreplace] cost for refitting a new vehicle is added to the cost animation (player always paid for it, it just wasn't shown)
[*]- Fix: [OSX] Save/Load issues solved for OSX 10.3.9 universal binaries
[*]- Fix: Illegal servers in the master-server list could kick the client back to the main menu, effectively making Multiplayer impossible
[*]- Fix: [NPF] Don't mark tiles when debugging in multiplayer, this will cause desyncs
[*]- Fix: Several fixes to chatbox code, mainly plug a buffer overflow[/list]
Last edited by Darkvater on 12 Aug 2006 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

Great! I hope this one will be added again to the Tweakers.net Meuktracker ;)
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

webfreakz.nl wrote:Great! I hope this one will be added again to the Tweakers.net Meuktracker ;)
Send it in ;)
I hope the security mask from the Gentoo Portage will be removed...
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

you say that this is the last 0.4 release.

Any idea how the long awaited v5 is?

0.4.8 looks good to as well
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Tycoonjamie wrote:Any idea how the long awaited v5 is?
when it's ready. You should know better than to ask such a question :P
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

My hero's as always! Good work guys! :D
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Indeedy, well done guys, but I have found a bug, not sure if this is the place to post it but...

I had a train with passenger carriages and food vans. Trucks bought food to the train station and dropped it off with the 'Transfer and leave empty' order. The train was then meant to pick it up and take it away along with passengers.

However, when I set the train to full load (it worked fine when full load wasn't set), and if the train didn't immediately fill up with passengers, it would load the food, and then drop it off at that station again, instead of taking it away. As in, instead of taking the food from A-Town to B-Town, it just loaded at A-Town and immediately dropped it off there again.

Obscure bug I guess, but thought I should mention it so it can be fixed for next time :D
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Please post this in the problems forum together with a savegame and config file.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

I just looked on the bugs site (bugs.openttd.org) and it seems this has been present since 0.4.7 or before, so never mind.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

So I guess this is not fixed ? (which is somewhat related to the bug described above).
http://bugs.openttd.org/task/251
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

So then 0.4.8.1 is on it's way? :P
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
AlexH.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlexH. »

I'm glad to announce the final release of our 0.4 cycle
So now, we shall expect a long wait till 0.5? :)
I ride the sky, I rule the night
Till I am free, with sword and sorcery.
The gods look down, hear battle sound.
I carry on, until the fight is won
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Good point, gkirilov!

Amost all of the bugs (from way back when) on the SourceForge are not fixed.
And then this 0.4.8 is called a realease? :lol: :|
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

Bjarni wrote:
Tycoonjamie wrote: Any idea how the long awaited v5 is?
when it's ready. You should know better than to ask such a question

Sorry Bjarni
SirkoZ wrote:Good point, gkirilov!

And then this 0.4.8 is called a realease?
He has a point though
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Tycoonjamie wrote:

He has a point though
so if we haven'y fixed all the bugs in the entire code, we should not release?
I think the changelog speaks for itself. 0.4.8 is noteworthy less buggy than 0.4.7 and that is good enough for me :wink:
Open Addict
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Open Addict »

i just got it today :D . will play till my wife says "get off that dam computer" :(

thanks devs and anyone else who helps. :D :)
Energy - You use it, You pay for it.
electricmonk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by electricmonk »

Bjarni wrote:
Tycoonjamie wrote:Any idea how the long awaited v5 is?
when it's ready. You should know better than to ask such a question :P
A slightly more accurate estimate can be made by looking at the 0.5 roadmap on the OpenTTD wiki and monitoring the rate of change of the colours of all the coloured squares. This should give a rough idea of when it will be ready.
RDF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RDF »

Could it be possible to have the lumber mills to appear in a random generated sub-tropic map? Wood always seems to be the highest paid commodity but can never be delivered.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Bjarni wrote:
Tycoonjamie wrote:

He has a point though
so if we haven'y fixed all the bugs in the entire code, we should not release?
I think the changelog speaks for itself. 0.4.8 is noteworthy less buggy than 0.4.7 and that is good enough for me :wink:
Well I guess I'm just impatient - again. :)
Your work is no less appreciated though. ;)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

RDF wrote:Could it be possible to have the lumber mills to appear in a random generated sub-tropic map? Wood always seems to be the highest paid commodity but can never be delivered.
It's by far the best-paying commodity *BECAUSE* you have to construct lumber mills.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “General OpenTTD”