Tropic Station Set [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

What variants of copper ore unloading station do you like?

Poll ended at 14 Aug 2007 12:11

23%
27%
16%
19%
15%

Total votes: 62

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

remember, no news is good news. not every update you'll post will get reactions.

personally speaking, i think that waypoint is looking extremely fine. somehow you managed to create brilliant-looking roofs, so better use those a lot. :wink: how many stations d'you currently got then? the wooden, the freight one and this waypoint?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

and yes, we would like a preview...

if its not too much bother, that is
Toyland isn't a climate, it's a mistake.
Everyone has a photographic memory - Some just don't have film
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Here
Attachments
Tropical1_show.png
Tropical1_show.png (5.75 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Very nice, looks very authentic to me. You did a great job on the platform texture if I may say so :).
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

the look a tad bit too close to the rails though.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

its not close to the rails, its ON the rails...
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I've done some work on copper ore loader. This is just a basic shape of a one platform wide structure, but what do you think about it?
How in your opinion should the copper ore be transported to the top of that tipple? Should I even bother drawing some conveyor belts, or leave it to players' imagination? :)
Attachments
copperoreload.png
copperoreload.png (6.99 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

how about animating the conveyor belts?
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

M4rek wrote:how about animating the conveyor belts?
I don't see any conveyor belts? What are you on?

As for the station, it suffers from hyper-texturing. Make the walls a little smoother, and you're be flying. :)
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

MeusH wrote:Should I even bother drawing some conveyor belts, or leave it to players' imagination? :)
the conveyor belts he didnt draw :D
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

looking very nice! i really like the passenger station, and that freight building shows some real promise. very good. :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Starts ti look very nice :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I've been trying to make a big heap of copper ore - other stations sets sometimes provide some off-rail structures to store the cargo.
The first one is brown, in TTD style, the second one is more turquoise which seems to be more realistic.

The other thing I'd like you to help me is the sloped roof.
You see a TTD roof and custom roof on the other side. The TTD roof can't be easily recreated in different angle, so I ask you what do you think about completly custom roof instead of TTD one.
Attachments
temp.png
temp.png (2.97 KiB) Viewed 3550 times
haldy_miedzi.png
haldy_miedzi.png (64.14 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Actually there are several types of copper ore, but truly, most of them are greenish. This is due to concentration of Copper Dioxide in the ore (this oxide is responsible for the green color of copper plated structures).

Have you tried to convert these heaps to TTD palette?

The roof can be of any kind you deem sensible imvho :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I've made new roofs. If you like it, I'll fix them so they fit eachother nicely.
The huge heap of ore is realistic IMO (or maybye too small), but it's actually way to big in TTD world... what do you think? Shall I make small enclosed piles?
Attachments
copperorepreivew.png
copperorepreivew.png (17 KiB) Viewed 3475 times
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

smaller piles
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

pile looks good, but i guess smaller´s probably for the best. and the ore station´s looking fine already, i´m looking forward to see the platforms.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

IMO, it doesn't look good. It doesn't look TT-ish...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

The heap should be smaller IMO. And maybe you could apply a less obvious dithering, as this one is kinda looking weird and a bit random. And for the last, the shaddows make the heap look a bit weird in TT, it doesn't really look like it fits in because the shadows are too extensive.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Imvho the pile is too smooth and a tad too big.
Try to enclose it 2x4 area and make it more gritty,

Roofs are great.

Return to “Graphics Development”