Fortress replacement for Transmitter [V0.3 Released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Would you like to see this as...

A single GRF replacing light-houses
23%
A tourist building in ECS Industries
38%
Coded as a newhouse, with very low frequency
20%
Other, please post and say what
No votes
It doesnt matter, i wouldn't use it.
20%

Total votes: 40

graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by graphics_master »

I think it is time to load up paint and give this a try.
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Okay. I bit. Needed a break from drawing steel depots, and I thought, eh, what the hell. I've wanted to try my hand at a castle at some point anyways.

Dunno if you want to replace all of the lighthouses with it. Maybe making it a tourist attraction in the ECS scheme?

Cheers!
Attachments
Watch Tower.png
Watch Tower.png (4.06 KiB) Viewed 5472 times
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

A masterpiece! I find it hard to believe you are not doing a PhD in isometrics. :D
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Oz, mind if I code that for you?
Formerly known as Lachie
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Wow, that is freaking awesome Oz, I just need to find a coder to code it for us now :mrgreen:

To any coders interested, it should replace the lighthouse (As the mast what end up having castles in airports) Unless there is another way to get it in game.

Credits should be something like.
Graphics: Oz
Coder: {Coder name}
Idea: Captain Kirk

EDIT: Title name changed.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Del Trotter wrote:Bloody hell! I don't believe. I just don't believe!
:shock: Oz, you're wizard! That's great! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Yes, what a marvellous piece of art Oz! :P And I agree, make it a tourist attraction or so within the ECS-scheme!
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Kirk: Glad you like it! Not too bad for a few hours of pixel pushing, huh? Now, I drew it, but it's your baby now. I see in the post above yours that WhiteHand is interested in coding it, but I still have my qualms about replacing all of the lighthouses.

'blood: Dunno about doing my thesis on isometrics. I much prefer messing around with DNA on a daily basis. :P Speaking of, I have to get my butt in gear, and head off to the lab.

Wile and SAC: Thanks and Thanks! :]

Cheers!
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Oz: feel free to input any ideas for other uses, i only suggested lighthouses as its a building i rarely use, but ECs could work i guess, I originally wanted such a building to place on top of a hill in a few of my games Lol.

And yes, very good work for a few hours work
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Dunno, man. My concern is that in some scenarios there's quite a few lighthouses, and therefore, there would be castles all over the friggin' place. That's why I was thinking that it could be incorporated into the ECS-tourist scheme. Or, I know that the newhouses feature is pretty flexible, so maybe it could be placed in the rural zone with a very low frequency. I'll have to defer to a coder for more input on that. WhiteHand, waddaya think?
ImageImage
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

This is perfect as a tourist industry object so my vote is there.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I'd agree it fits in with tourists, but i personally don't use ECS, so i wouldnt be able to use it :(, my idea for the lighthouse was so i could have exact control over where i put it, (I am creaeting a map of where i live, and want to put this magnificent builiding (even better looking now :P) on top of the hill in the location it would be on my map. Unless it was coded into ECS, then i might be tempted to get it..., or possibly into newhouses, but then it might end up popping up everywhere, unless it was limited to one per city, or one per 4 cities, i dunno how it works that :P

EDIT: Made a poll for it!
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

I'm personally going to abstain from this vote until I hear some feedback from a few coders as to what they think may work best in this situation. Until then...

My GF, Laura, was busy muckin' around on a presentation for her med school rotation, so I reworked the tower a bit. Made it look a little "stonier", and brought out the highlights a bit. Also fixed the goundtile so that it actually will fit in with the other tiles. Dunno how I messed that up? :P

I think that this will be the final version, unless someone has a vital critique. 'Kay? Kay.

Cheers!
Attachments
Watch Tower v2.png
Watch Tower v2.png (4.25 KiB) Viewed 5290 times
ImageImage
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

No offense, but tourist industries are crap. The 'tourist' cargo is stupid enough as it is.
Formerly known as Lachie
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

WhiteHand wrote:No offense, but tourist industries are crap. The 'tourist' cargo is stupid enough as it is.
Perhaps, but from the perspective of someone who runs passenger networks primarilly, the tourists chain and concept of additional classes of passengers is very appealing.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

It also puts forward the view that tourists are too 'high' to travel with regular passengers, damn snobs.
Formerly known as Lachie
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Imma coding it up, as simply a lighthouse replacement, until you people somehow manage to convince me of the merits of using ECS Cargoes.

Done. Kirk, you want it released now, or later?
Formerly known as Lachie
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

*robotboy voted for a house type.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

I think it looks north-african, it would fit into the desert parts of the tropical theme.
I think it should be a bit more grey for temperate. (just my personal opinion, no need to change it)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

WhiteHand wrote: Done. Kirk, you want it released now, or later?
Thanks a million!
Whenever your ready, just post it to release it!

Return to “Graphics Development”