Newobjects - Thoughts and Suggestions

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re:

Post by wallyweb »

Lakie wrote:I propose the ability to allow objects to have multiple directions, so that one id can cover around 4 instances of the same item (1 for each direction).
I haven't thought about any real specifics, its mostly just a debate at the moment.

I have a few ideas about how it could be done though, and remain compatible with older objects.
If you are saying what I think you are saying, then I am intrigued. What would be the cost in terms of sprite limits?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Newobjects - Thoughts and Suggestions

Post by OzTrans »

Lakie wrote:Bit of a dig, ...
It would certainly be worthwhile to have up to 4 menu buttons per object; i.e. an option to have 1, 2 or 4 buttons, just like rail stations (2) or depots (4). It would make those menu lists much shorter (see sample how it is done today). For the players, it would be much easier to choose the desired direction, too.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

OzTransLtd wrote:
Lakie wrote:Bit of a dig, ...
It would certainly be worthwhile to have up to 4 menu buttons per object; i.e. an option to have 1, 2 or 4 buttons, just like rail stations (2) or depots (4). It would make those menu lists much shorter (see sample how it is done today). For the players, it would be much easier to choose the desired direction, too.
Are there any grf's currently available like whats in the screenshot?
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Last edited by OzTrans on 04 Feb 2012 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

OzTransLtd wrote:
Pookey wrote:Are there any grf's currently available like whats in the screenshot?
No, there is no GRF available publicly, and there won't be one until the new CanRail and CanStation sets become available.
Now your truly making me wish for that set :mrgreen:
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

OzTransLtd wrote:It would certainly be worthwhile to have up to 4 menu buttons per object; i.e. an option to have 1, 2 or 4 buttons, just like rail stations (2) or depots (4). It would make those menu lists much shorter (see sample how it is done today). For the players, it would be much easier to choose the desired direction, too.
That was mainly why it came to mind, yours and others suffer from this issue, so I figured it might need addressing.

[Edit]
Not sure I like the idea of the station window or depot window for showing the views, mainly because unlike them which need a minimum number of views, an object only needs the one and the rest are optional, such a UI wouldn't help people in understanding this.
I was thinking more of smaller button array underneath with (arrows?) showing the directions available (and which is currently selected).
I suppose one could flag it having 1, 2 or 4 views, and show as many buttons as needed, but then the UI code would become very messy trying to sort out what its drawing, where and how.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."

Return to “Suggestions”