OpenTTD 0.5.0 RC1

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

darkttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by darkttd »

Hi.
TTD can use Unicode, When TTD support non-latin Language?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Bot_40 wrote:Hmm, since I downloaded 0.5.0 RC1, alpine climate doesn't seem to work, nor does toyland -> mars conversion. They both just have no effect at all. Also, if I start a new game, then look at newgrf settings, they both show up as disabled. Both work fine in the last nightly I used, although that was from quite a while ago (r7305)
Yes, problem is known and willl be fixed for final.
darkttd wrote:Hi.
? It already does support non-latin languages. Which one(s) are you thinking about? If the language is not on the list, there has not been a translation yet for it. Please look at http://translator2.openttd.org if you want to add a new language.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

peter1138 wrote:
SirkoZ wrote:Good to see new revision, except tis' not so new after all, is it?
Yeah, for some reason it only contains anything that was in trunk. I wonder why that is...
Very few useful additions, mostly code clean-up from what I gather.
VPN-User
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by VPN-User »

Hm. I _really_ miss that copy & paste feature which is in MiniIN... :cry:
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

SirkoZ wrote:Very few useful additions, mostly code clean-up from what I gather.
Since 0.4.8... Let's take out YAPF, elrails, newstations, no date restrictions, more languages and unicode, and many more things...

Perhaps you didn't read the changelog.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Maybe he lives on another planet where only 0.4.8 is out? :p
darkttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by darkttd »

Darkvater wrote:
darkttd wrote:Hi.
? It already does support non-latin languages. Which one(s) are you thinking about? If the language is not on the list, there has not been a translation yet for it. Please look at http://translator2.openttd.org if you want to add a new language.
I want to OTTD support Korean.
So, I already sent E-mail to "mihamix@openttd.org". but, I received Error Message that "Temporary local problem - please try later". How can I join to Translater Team?

(Sorry for Not good at My Engilsh)
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

darkttd wrote:I want to OTTD support Korean.
So, I already sent E-mail to "mihamix@openttd.org". but, I received Error Message that "Temporary local problem - please try later". How can I join to Translater Team?

(Sorry for Not good at My Engilsh)
The email problem should be resolved now. Please try to resend your mail.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OS X 10.4.8 startup problem

Post by Bjarni »

gorbi wrote:Link (dyld) error:

Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
I replaced the dmg on sourceforge so this issue should be gone now.
gorbi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gorbi »

Bjarni wrote: It's your loss that I will not fix it before you test it. Since I already got feedback that it works for other people, I will consider this to be an issue with your computer unless told otherwise and the issue is solved since the original problem is gone.
OK. I managed to test your patch on OS X 10.4.8 and it works perfect! Thanks, you've safed my christmas holidays :-)
kokobongo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kokobongo »

non-latin languagies/ like bulgarian, rusian, etc./ cant be viewed, i see, instead of words, only "??????" marks everywhere
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

kokobongo wrote:non-latin languagies/ like bulgarian, rusian, etc./ cant be viewed, i see, instead of words, only "??????" marks everywhere
Opening post, item #3. I will not say anything else!
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
kokobongo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kokobongo »

Darkvater wrote:
kokobongo wrote:non-latin languagies/ like bulgarian, rusian, etc./ cant be viewed, i see, instead of words, only "??????" marks everywhere
Opening post, item #3. I will not say anything else!

yea, it works now, thx :)
coffeeorpins
Engineer
Engineer

Post by coffeeorpins »

Bjarni wrote:
gorbi wrote:
Bjarni wrote:BTW there is a free upgrade to 10.3.9. Any reason why not to use it? In theory it could solve this issue as my SDK contains the updates from 10.3.7 to 10.3.9 and if they changed something regarding this library.. :wink:
Yes, you are right. I think it is better to test your binary on my other mac with 10.4 installed. I can't update this old installation to 10.3.9 because I have a really slow internet connection. I will test it on monday with an "advanced" infrastructre. Sorry for the delay.
It's your loss that I will not fix it before you test it. Since I already got feedback that it works for other people, I will consider this to be an issue with your computer unless told otherwise and the issue is solved since the original problem is gone.
I'm running a Powermac G4 with OSX 10.4.8, and TTD works fine once I used the binary, so thank you!

And a basic question... unlike my earler version of Open TTD, There isn't an option for the game screen to go any larger than 800x600, why is this?
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

coffeeorpins wrote:And a basic question... unlike my earler version of Open TTD, There isn't an option for the game screen to go any larger than 800x600, why is this?
That's a very good question because I got way more options. Try both fullscreen and window mode to see if they both got this issue and remember that you can click and drag on the lower right part of the window to resize (those black lines). I hope this helps
Infantulus
Engineer
Engineer

Train is lost

Post by Infantulus »

Hey, guys! I'm terribly sorry, but could you please answer my question.

After installing the 0.5 RC1 I've got a problem with trains arriving on 1-platform station from one side by Y-connection. If there is a depot before the signal the train goes in-and-out depot instead of waiting for the green light and the "Train №... is lost" message appears.
What's wrong???
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

screenshot?

i lack a little of imagination, so i can't figure out the track layout
Infantulus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Infantulus »

heh.
The connection I mentioned mean nothing. I' started another game. On 64x64 size map just to check if it happens again.
I bought 4 trains and built 4 routes. Played for about 3-4 years and it happent again with 2 trains! And what the most funny it happent with the train, that has no crossings, connections or signals on its way!!!

???????????????
Mr. Wednesday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr. Wednesday »

Wolf01 wrote:screenshot?

i lack a little of imagination, so i can't figure out the track layout
The track layout looks like,

Code: Select all

C
      /
A----<---B
where A, B, and C are stations and single lines represent duplex track, and there are two trains, one from A to B and one from A to C.

(I observed the same issue.)
Infantulus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Infantulus »

Mr. Wednesday, that's right!

But the same bug exists at other configurations of railways...

Return to “General OpenTTD”