Can't use "Fly spray" to report bug

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dave_McMahon
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Can't use "Fly spray" to report bug

Post by Dave_McMahon »

hi i get these errors when trying to use "fly spray"
Notice: Undefined variable: register_text in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 607

Notice: Undefined index: project_title in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 607

Notice: Undefined index: flyspray_userid in /www/openttd.org/bugs/includes/notify.inc.php on line 264

so am having to use the Open TTD Problems forum to report a problem with Open TTD.

Okay i (was) using R7511 on top of 0.48 Stable and now my game has lost the railways menu ( so no trains, monorail maglev etc)

This has only happened in the last few years cos one of the autosaves (12-momthly) has no bug. I can't upload the saves cos they are 2048*2048 and are too big. but here is the cfg file (for r7553 on top of 0.50 RC1)

once someone fixed one of my other games (assume they hacked it) is it possbible to produce a FAQ on hacking common save game faults?
Attachments
openttd.cfg
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
David McMahon
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

What is your problem exactly? All rail-types are disabled in the build-popup-menu? What year is it?

You can always try the patch setting 'vehicles never expire' and then open the console and type 'resetengines' to get all engines back and be able to build.

Donnu if it was you who had a game always crashing at some point (big map with a big cross in the middle). If it was you, I fixed it in a debugger where after I found out the cause I simply changed some internal values and resumed the game. This is however not for someone without extensive programming knowledge both in C and OpenTTD.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Dave_McMahon
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

thanks

Post by Dave_McMahon »

Happy Christmas!

1, all rail types disabled i cant clone a train either or build from an old depot ( all maglev) (in the depots i can buy carriages/wagons but not engines.

i set the year to 1800-something but was okay for ages (i tried moving the date forward to 2045 again.)

2, Thanks for tips how do i launch console? never done it before.

3, yes it was me thank you maybe i should learn C and OpenTTD(new years resolution?? <1440x900>
David McMahon
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

You open the console by pressing th ~ key (or in general the key to the left of 1). The first train is available from 1950 if you don't use any newgrf sets.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Isn't the Kirby Paul introduced in the late 20s or early 30s?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

The Kirby Paul Tank, or Collett Pannier Tank is designed in 1925.

There were a bunch of Locos removed from TTO that slotted in nicely between 1920 and 1950.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”