OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC2

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

=SLJ=DownEast
Engineer
Engineer

Command Line Arguements...

Post by =SLJ=DownEast »

Hey Dev Team,

Great job on 0.5.0, I love the random map generator and the ability to use Heightmaps....

Now that we can use Heightmaps, is there an Arguement that I can add to my command line for a Dedicated server to tell it to use a specific Heightmap when it makes a map? For scenerios it's "-g {directory\filename}" but that fails to work for Heightmaps.

Thanks

DownEast
Heartland Server Admin.
clis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by clis »

hey check this. I only have this in 0.5.0-RC2. In 0.5.0-RC1 I don't have this problem

TTD to the bone
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

clis, don't mix DOS and Windows graphics files.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
clis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by clis »

All DOS files removed, but still have this problem
TTD to the bone
Connum
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Command Line Arguements...

Post by Connum »

=SLJ=DownEast wrote:Hey Dev Team,

Great job on 0.5.0, I love the random map generator and the ability to use Heightmaps....

Now that we can use Heightmaps, is there an Arguement that I can add to my command line for a Dedicated server to tell it to use a specific Heightmap when it makes a map? For scenerios it's "-g {directory\filename}" but that fails to work for Heightmaps.

Thanks

DownEast
Heartland Server Admin.
Hmm that's a good point... Would be nice if one of the devs could answer this! On the other hand you could just make a heightmap scenario, save it, and load it with -g !
English is not my native language, so please excuse me if I sometimes might appear a bit harsh or if I make a spelling or grammar mistake!
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

clis wrote:All DOS files removed, but still have this problem
Which version of the game did you get the original files from?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Why is it so difficult to attach an image here? That picture's been downloading for 5 minutes already and I still don't have the whole thing, just the top part :s
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

The Catenaries is pink on the picture, so I assume he's using DOS GRF's for the base graphics. >_>
da.phreak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by da.phreak »

Hi !

I'd like to try 0.5-RC2, but the download for Debian and Ubuntu (openttd_0.5.0-RC2-i386.deb) doesn't work. I'm trying for several days, but sourceforge always says that the file doesn't exist.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

There was a typo on the openttd download page.

It has been fixed now, but you can always try sourceforge directly or the torrents.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=474741

or

http://torrent.openttd.org:8082/
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
darkttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by darkttd »

Hi!

I want to join OTTD language Team on Korean.
So, I sent mail to mihamix@openttd.org.

But, I couldn't receive any E-mails.

My E-mail address is wrong??
Sorry for Not good at My Engilsh
Teach me English plz :)
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Mihamix might be too busy, he will surely reply. If not please send me a PM in a few days and I will pass it on to him. (Korean Translation)

OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC3

Return to “General OpenTTD”