Finances problem (?)

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Mr.J
Engineer
Engineer

Finances problem (?)

Post by Mr.J »

I have quite rare problem, I think. I can't open my save games anymore, because I got too much money...!? Every time when I play my game, I save a new savegame and the two of the latest savegames won't open anymore :( Those two savegames are exeeded 1.000.000.000.000 euros(/dollar) limit and this is not a joke... Both saves are saved the same time, but they won't open anymore. So, there are some kind of cash limit when you got money 1x10^12 euro/dollar (1.000.000.000.000)?

I got OpenTTD 0.4.0.1

Some reason I couldn't open any of my savegames OpenTTD 0.4.8.0. :(
Connum
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Connum »

So did you try 0.5.0 RC2?
English is not my native language, so please excuse me if I sometimes might appear a bit harsh or if I make a spelling or grammar mistake!
Mr.J
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr.J »

Yes, but it won't open: 0.5.0-RC2.

"Load game failed: found unknown tag in savegame (sync error)"
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Can you perhaps post your savegame here? And that error message you are getting has nothing to do with too much money.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Mr.J
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr.J »

Here is my save. If I try to open this file the notification is "Fatal Application Failure - A serious fault condition occured in the game. The game will shut down. Press "Submit report" (Not possible to press, because button is not active) to send crash information to the developers. This will gratly help debugging. The information contained in the repost is displayed below. Press "Emergy save" to attemp saving game."
Attachments
my_savegame_wont_open.zip
(2.38 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I tried your savegame. Indeed I cannot open it, but OpenTTD doesn't crash either so I don't know how it can crash for you.

But if it does, you have a crash.dmp somewhere (in 0.5.0-RC2). Please attach that.

Your game fails loading somewhere in vehicles. Do you have a savegame that works and if you build 1,2 more vehicles or your money becomes more than a certain amount it doesn't load anymore after a save?
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Mr.J
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr.J »

Here is 0.5.0-RC2 crash.dmp file. I also post a savegame which will work with 0.4.0.1 version, but not 0.5.0-RC2.

I play the version which will work and I bought a few trains and so on... After a while I save the game again and that savegame is working OK.

The time (and money and new vehicles...) between savegames which other work and the other one doesn't work is about 200.000.000.000 $ and difference between vehicles amount is about 50-400 vehicles. I play the game about 2-4 hours.
Attachments
this_savegame_works.zip
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
crash.zip
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Thank you for your reply. I will look into this. But do you have something that doesn't require me to play for 2-4 hours and buy 50-400 trains? Because that is an awful amount both in time and clicks to debug through.
Mr.J
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr.J »

Ok, I can try to play this savegame close to the "edge". I try to play this game as far as I can, but of course it's takes me also much time and work. ;) I'll notice and post the savegame when I'm done it. :)
RiTi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RiTi »

I just downloaded the save game, tried to load/run with Nightly r7772 and directly on error (see screenshot), with retry option just quiting the game with offset string.
Attachments
ClipBoard-1.png
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
Keep life simple...
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Yes, I know the game doesn't load.
Mr.J
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr.J »

OK, I do some research and here is a new savegame which will work but...

I bought about 75 trains and 230 wagons, 61 planes after the last savegame, cash account is about the same.

When you open the latest savegame and...

1) If you open the hangar immediately and click any of those 8 airplanes to go to fly (I mean the planes which you see first when you open the hangar) the game will crash immediately (plane numbers: 515-522). But if you send any other plane, like 400 -series, nothing happend... If you bought more planes (the plane number doesn't matter I think) and send them to fly --> nothing happend.
This hangar includes about 40 planes and all of them are stopped.

2) If you wait a little bit and send some of the "crashing planes" to fly (515-525) nothing happend and game will continue (I'm not 100% sure about this).

So I think this crashing problem and probably the "savegame wont open" -problem is connecting together? Probably the hangar is some way broken and that is the reason why this savegame is doomed.
Attachments
savegame_debug_1.zip
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 97 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

You have an interesting problem there. I think it has something to do with the maximum amount of vehicles you can have and some bug in old versions. Anyways I will look into this; here are the preliminary reports:

Code: Select all

version 13.      | 0.4.0 |0.4.0.1|0.4.5|0.5.0-RC2|
0.4.0.1_open.sav |success|success|fail |  fail   |(this_savegame_works)
0.4.0.1_debug.sav|success|success|fail |  fail   |(savegame_debug_1)
0.4.0.1_crash.sav| crash | crash |fail |  fail   |(my_savegame_wont_open)
Why I think this is because for example if in the debug savegame I buy a single ship, then save and reload the game I have one more ship, but one less airplane... :)

update
I have found your problem; but I'm not sure you will be happy about it.
Basically you have too many vehicles. 0.4.0.1 only allowed 16384 vehicles (as a vehicle counts every wagon, engine, aircraft's shadow, smoke, sparkle, effect, etc.) to be saved in a savegame. Because the checks for saving were not so well handled in this version, you could build 16385 vehicles and when saving the 16385-th vehicle, it would be; well kinda somewhere with some index.
This is why you have problems with your savegame, why certain vehicles crash, why the "my_savegame_wont_open" game crashes (train 1817 is totally fubarred), why building a ship removes an airplane upon reload, etc. Newer versions like 0.4.5 do not allow the game to be opened; luckily.

The good news is that in 0.4.5 and up you are actually able to build all the 64000 (all inclusive) vehicles and the saveload code supports up to 268.435.456 items. This doesn't solve your problem though.

What you could try is open one of the savegames, delete lots of vehicles; save and try opening the game in a newer version. When it works you know you are done. Now rebuild your empire. Sorry about this :|

Your current savegame includes:

Code: Select all

open:  train: 29933, road: 415, ship: 101, air:  708, special: 37, disaster: 0
debug: train: 30310, road: 415, ship: 101, air: 1028, special:  0, disaster: 0
crash: train: 31414, road: 413, ship: 101, air:  814, special: 37, disaster: 0
Attachments
The savegame that crashes for you looks like this if I load it in the debugger...
The savegame that crashes for you looks like this if I load it in the debugger...
fubarred.png (58.42 KiB) Viewed 3858 times
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

seem a grf set problem
i had a similar problem when i loaded a game saved with the dbset
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

It's not a grf problem as other saves from the same series do work.
Mr.J
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr.J »

The problem is quite complicated actually... Today I try to destroy and sell most of my vehicles, but at this moment the savegame won't work with the version 0.5.0-RC2.

Starting point:
Trains ~1870 peaces (~ 1800 engines and 25.000-30.000 wagons)
Road vehicles 415
Aircrafts 514
Ships 101

Now I have:
Trains: 555 (555 enginess and about 7000-9000 wagons)
Road vehicles: 212
Aircrafts: 212
Ships 88

I think the total amount is now relevant anymore. There are some vehicle which I have bought in some point of the game (when I got a huge amount of vehicles). So the OpenTTD 0.4.0.1 is saved this new vehicle in some point of this savegame index and after that, it won't work anymore with the 0.5.0-RC2 version. But if I sold this mystery vehicle the savegame might be work. Is there are any debugging tool or "haking tool" to destroying all of my vehicles? It is like hell to try sell about 3000 vehicles with no automatic system. Btw. First time in ever I really hope that all of my airplane should crash... :)
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

There is no tool or so to remove all the vehicles, but with a little temporary 'tweaking' of the savegame load code, I was able to load your savegame without vehicles. The saved version of that loads in 0.5.0-RC2.

So I would say, have fun repopulating your network :)
Mr.J
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr.J »

OMG! Thanks, now it works. There are now vehicles as you say, but hey so what it works! :D I have play this scenario hmm... let's say 9 months so I probably continue this game for next 9 month and so one...

Thank you. It is harmful that I lost all my vehicles, but this is much easier than sell every unit and then re-built all again. Now I have "only" rebuilt them ;)

edit: btw. what kind of limits this new version (0.5.0-RC2) includes about amount of money, vehicles and date?
Mr.J
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr.J »

Now I started this savegame again, but without any vehicles (Rubidium remove all of the vehicles). After that I notice "funny" thing: every railway signals are the same position as before clearing the vehicles. This sounds a minor issue but it isn't. I have two options to solve this problem:

1. Rebuilt the signals that shows only red light (there are probably hundreds or thousends to this kind of signals)
2. Or force the first train go through all the red lights and of course there are thousends signals to go through. After this all the signals work normally.

I'm not complain, but this is good to know in the future... :)
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

*magic*

I've set all signals to green for ya ^_^'
I hope so at least :)
Have fun playing

It loads in 0.4.5 and higher.
Attachments
no_vehicles_anymore_all_green.sav
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 73 times

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”