WhiteHand's GRF Projects(Site back up!)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Okay, the town square makes me want the set...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

WhiteHand wrote:I was very unimpressed with how ECS works
May I ask what do you mean by "how ECS works"? ECS doesn´t "work", it´s a specification. There are however .grfs which implement ECS in the whole or in part, one of those are George´s ECS .grfs. Do you mean them with "how ECS works"?

> I will release a GRF of generic tourist destinations, along with a new definition of the Tourist cargo

What´s so special with your "tourists" that you need another cargo bit and another label for them, apart from the ECS tourists specification?

@wallyweb
> I believe Michael Blunck is working on the ECS so it might be a bit premature to adapt something to it at this time.

No, you got me wrong. I´m working on my own cargo/industry .grfs which will implement the ECS specification. I don´t think there´s a need to "work on ECS" aka the ECS specification.

@Wile
> I reported ECS bugs to George,

What you´ve been reported were bugs in Georges ECS .grfs, not in "ECS" itself.
WhiteHand wrote:I just found [ECS] to be extremely restrictive, and there were far too many cargos represented, and far too many GRF Files to download.
In which way do you find ECS restrictive? You won´t need to use all 32 available cargoes, if that´s too much for you. And to supply his own full implementation of ECS in a multitude of files rather to have it all in one had been George´s decision. You won´t have to do it that way.

> Cheers to Oz and Zimmlock for the graphics.

Eventually, the original graphics of that market place with people, huts and other stuff is be me. Zimmlock got it from me:
Zimmlock wrote: From: Zimmlock
To: michael blunck
Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:10 am
Subject: Market place

Hello Michael, [...]

I want to ask if i can use the pixels groupe(s) representing people, some containers and boxes of the DBset (already in my last TTRS-v2 release) and, recolord and a little shifted arround, the market place you show in the preview of your Europeset (overwood). [...]
Needless to tell that other people then ripped it from Zimmlocks work, like SAC and now you ... The only funny thing of it being that o/c no one knows the original artist.

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote: @wallyweb
> I believe Michael Blunck is working on the ECS so it might be a bit premature to adapt something to it at this time.

No, you got me wrong. I´m working on my own cargo/industry .grfs which will implement the ECS specification. I don´t think there´s a need to "work on ECS" aka the ECS specification.
Sorry about that. My bad. :oops: I thought you were working on the ECS specification which is described here

WhiteHand: Any way you implement Tourists is fine as long as it doesn't break something else. :wink: However, if you can make it work within the ECS specs then so much the better. And on that topic, I was always under the impression that Australia was famous for its wool production. Will you be including a sheep station (ranch to the yanks) ? :wink:
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote:[..] implement Tourists is fine as long as it doesn't break something else.
If he´d implement them as specified in ECS, namely with a cargo type of "1F", a cargo bit of "1F", cargo class of "0005" and cargo label "TOUR", it´d be guaranteed not to break any set using the ECS specification.

BTW, "wool" would be 0F/0F/0020/"WOOL".

regards
Michael
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Don't worry people, it supports ECS, UKRSI, pretty much everything. It's just an alternate implementation of the tourist definitions.

I know because Whitehand stole my idea for it.

:x

Ohwell, I'm over it.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I think what we're getting confused with, and Michael here has roused on my previously for doing this...

ECS is a concept, a industry chain that was developed with the co-operation of the folks that wanted to do new industries, done to make sure there is ease of compatability with not only other industry sets (ie, they should follow ECS), but also with popular trainsets (DBXL, etc).

Now, becuase George and his team have already produced an implementation of ECS, suitable for testing, and "release", this has been associated with ECS, which isn't right. It should really be called "Georges ECS" or something to differentiate it from the ECS plans in the beginning.

What Michael is working on, or so I understand it, is his own implementation of ECS, with his own (IMO, more TT-styled graphics), but following the same, original concept.

So really, anymore "general ECS" discussion, or discussion about "Georges ECS" or "Michaels ECS" should be done in a seperate thread. Unless it pertains to "Whitehands ECS Tourists", then I will split it off.

So, hopefully Whitehand, you can get your Tourists to work within the framework of "ECS" the concept, without having to shoulder anyones invidual sets. That will ensure ease of compatablitiy for morons like Raichase trying to set up a newgrf file in the first place.

Thanks gang.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

michael blunck wrote: > Cheers to Oz and Zimmlock for the graphics.

Eventually, the original graphics of that market place with people, huts and other stuff is be me. Zimmlock got it from me:

Hello Michael, [...]

I want to ask if i can use the pixels groupe(s) representing people, some containers and boxes of the DBset (already in my last TTRS-v2 release) and, recolord and a little shifted arround, the market place you show in the preview of your Europeset (overwood). [...]
Needless to tell that other people then ripped it from Zimmlocks work, like SAC and now you
I take great offense to that last sentence, I didn't 'rip it from Zimmlocks work' at all:
To Zimmlock, I wrote:Hi There,
I'm making a small Tourist set, which adds a few tourist-type buildings to TTD. I was wondering if you have any spare buildings that fit this description, that you could lend to me?
To Me, Zimmlock wrote:Hi WhiteHand,

no not realy, ttrs has allready a few, do not remember exactly how many, but the cathedral is one of them. You can have my town square if you like, i dont use it, but it needs some improvement.
Do with it what ever you like.
Greetings
Zimmlock
As you can see from those two quotes, I obviously did not 'rip it from his work'. I went the right way about acquiring the graphics, and it is not of my fault that I was not informed that the graphics were originally yours.
Raichase wrote:So, hopefully Whitehand, you can get your Tourists to work within the framework of "ECS" the concept, without having to shoulder anyones invidual sets. That will ensure ease of compatablitiy for morons like Raichase trying to set up a newgrf file in the first place.
They already are compatible with ECS, and always were.
Aegir wrote:I know because Whitehand stole my idea for it.
Yes, mate, you just keep telling yourself that :roll:
Formerly known as Lachie
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

WhiteHand wrote:
Aegir wrote:I know because Whitehand stole my idea for it.
Yes, mate, you just keep telling yourself that :roll:
Please keep it civil, or I will have to remove posts.
ImageImage
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

I'm looking for four willing volunteers to help test the Tourist Set. Post here if you want to.
Formerly known as Lachie
CPCNMAN007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by CPCNMAN007 »

Good :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

what does it involve?
Last known as: Weirdy
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

michael blunck wrote:@Wile
> I reported ECS bugs to George,

What you´ve been reported were bugs in Georges ECS .grfs, not in "ECS" itself.
Yes, I mean that you said (my "Tarzan" English again... :oops: )

And I second with Rai. That's reason why we have cargo labels, so anybody can develop his own industry chain based on ECS concept.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

I am working to a release a set of industries based on the UKRSI. Such industries that will be included are the Tourist industries above, Cement Works, and even possibly a Nuclear chain! More information to come.
Formerly known as Lachie
N8king
Engineer
Engineer

Post by N8king »

[quote="WhiteHand"]I have completed coding the first two(and only two) industries in my tourist set. Picture below. Cheers to Oz and Zimmlock for the graphics.[/quote]

Hello WhiteHand!

Like Tourists are very interrestet in landmarks like the tower in your PNG, this industry should also produce mail. Because tourists likes to write postal cards to theyr friends and families.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Here's the latest on my "Nuclear Power" Industry Chain.
Formerly known as Lachie
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

The Tourist Set is out! Get it from WhiteHand's Modern Life.
Formerly known as Lachie
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Got the tourist stuffies and I will be testing them tomorrow!!!!!
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

michael blunck wrote:

Hello Michael, [...]

Needless to tell that other people then ripped it from Zimmlocks work, like SAC and now you ... The only funny thing of it being that o/c no one knows the original artist.

regards
Michael
Sorry Michael, it has been me driving on the wrong side of the road, i forgotten totaly the images came from you, it has been a long time ago i have asked you this (Sat May 07, 2005 11:10 am) and i do not keep mails longer then the time i need to read them.
Things like this can happen easy because i have a different view on the so called "copyright issue" then you.
Concerning WhiteHand, he asked and i give it, and SAC i gave her all my graphics.

Best Regards
Zimmlock
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Zimmlock wrote:and SAC i gave her all my graphics.
Aswell, Michael, SAC has permission from every artist whose work she uses (Now yes, often she has created works and publicized them before that permission has been granted, but thus-far there have been no severe breaches that have caused significant amounts of drama in the community), with the lone exception being Simon Foster.

Then again I don't see any other artist who uses original TTD assets for their work asking for Simon's permission...

Oh and WhiteHand, don't call me 'mate' anymore. I have grown quite tired of this nonsense...
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I hope Tourists cargo is properly coded (label TOUR and classes Passengers and Express). :)
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!

Return to “Graphics Development”