US company headquarters

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Ameecher wrote:How about the Sears tower? You like a challenge :P
If I remember....
Someone did it before...
Sure a lame copy... and copyright tainted
But It fits in size...
->> link <<-

I'll think over it. ;)
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Dropzone
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dropzone »

Okay, I've got all the buildings coded, but only the temperate versions. I'll do the versions for other climates next. I don't think I'll be able to do the snowy version of HQ 1 though: it seems like the game uses the same sprites for HQs whether they're in snowy areas or not. The same thing applies to the tropical grass versions of the HQs: the game always uses a sandy version, even if you place the HQ in a grassy area.

HQ 3, HQ 4, and both banks work fine:

Image Image Image

HQ 5 works fine, apart from a small problem in transparent mode. I had to do it like that because of how the original sprites are arranged (the square at the bottom only has a ground sprite, so it has to look the same in transparent mode as it does normally).

Image Image

There's a bigger problem with HQ 1 and 2. The original sprites are entirely made out of ground sprites, with no parts of the sprite extending past the edge of the tile. Your sprites do extend past the (top) edges of the tile, which means that they get cut off if there are any buildings immediately above the HQ:

Image Image Image Image

I'll PM you the current version of the GRF so you can try it out and see what you think.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Well, if you need a challenge, why not take a stab at the "Turning Torso" from Malmö, Sweden?

http://www.turningtorso.se/ (needs Flash)
Attachments
Torso2.png
Torso2.png (126.16 KiB) Viewed 4999 times
Torso1.png
Torso1.png (167.66 KiB) Viewed 5002 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That is a cool building but this is the US company HQ thread, not swedish :P
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

AndersI wrote:Well, if you need a challenge, why not take a stab at the "Turning Torso" from Malmö, Sweden?

http://www.turningtorso.se/ (needs Flash)
That is defenetly a reason to develop an european HQ set! It'll stand on my list. But this time only US buildings.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Ameecher wrote:That is a cool building but this is the US company HQ thread, not swedish :P
Well, you need something modern for the US future :-)
Soccerito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Soccerito »

But what about the WTC Twin Towers as Desolator suggested too. It would fit perfectly to 4 squares.

Soccerito
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Yeah, one in the lower left corner and one in the upper right corner.

Or what about the Empire State Building?
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Buffalo City Hall, maybe?

Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Whoa...that surely speaks for it's owner!
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Skidd, really great work. they are looking really nice! 8)

Just one criticism to do with the use of white, mainly on HQ2, HQ5 and the banks. It has been mentioned that they seem too bright, but they also seem not defined enough. Maybe it could do with some extra shading to enhance the edges a bit more?

And an idea: on the snowy HQ1 the blue car doesn't have snow on the top. That makes me think he has just arrived at work - maybe add some tyre tracks from the entrance? :D
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Referring the WTC: First I dislike to draw another building from NYC.
I could draw it but, I don't think it is a good idea. No more discussion about it! Thanks.
Sleepie wrote:Buffalo City Hall, maybe?
It's nice and I'll think over it too.

So far I have the choise between:
- Sears tower
- Buffalo City Hall
Ben_K wrote:Just one criticism to do with the use of white, mainly on HQ2, HQ5 and the banks. It has been mentioned that they seem too bright, but they also seem not defined enough. Maybe it could do with some extra shading to enhance the edges a bit more?
I needed to see them in game (mockups are not everything). To see how much I've got to darken them. I'll fix that. 8)
Ben_K wrote:And an idea: on the snowy HQ1 the blue car doesn't have snow on the top. That makes me think he has just arrived at work - maybe add some tyre tracks from the entrance? :D
Sure, but for now we can't use it because there is AFAIK no possible action 7/9 to check if the HQ is build above snow line. It would probably require to extend the grf format. That would be nice cause then the Z-order stuff could be fixd too. ;)
---
---
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

skidd13 wrote:Referring the WTC: First I dislike to draw another building from NYC.
I could draw it but, I don't think it is a good idea. No more discussion about it! Thanks.
I think I know what you mean and I agree with you.
skidd13 wrote:
Sleepie wrote:Buffalo City Hall, maybe?
It's nice and I'll think over it too.

So far I have the choise between:
- Sears tower
- Buffalo City Hall
Sears tower if you are only replacing the 5th HQ.
or
Buffalo City Hall as the 4th HQ and move your current 4th HQ to 5th
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

wallyweb wrote:Buffalo City Hall as the 4th HQ and move your current 4th HQ to 5th
yes,!!! but make a not vey tall one, or a one with no tower, so it balences the jump from warehouse to the small tower
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Recolored the lincoln memorial. Hope its better now.
Attachments
hq.png
hq.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 4717 times
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Update. Released first version of the GRF. The white house replacement isn't ready for this verion, but I hope for the next. ;)

Big thanks to my coder DropZone. :bow:
---
---
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

I'd love an option to disable the bank replacement.
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

So skidd13, how is it going ?? :D

Any progress in the white house??
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Not at the moment. I hope I finish another sprite project (TOP SECRET) and my openttd patches. And there's always real life. ;)
---
---
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: US company headquarters

Post by Sir A. Boey »

I hate to dissapoint you mate but the Us HQ's don't work anymore with the new North American Roads
beeing released... Or is there an other solution to overcome this problem? X(
_____________# If you believe in it, you can achieve it" # ____________
__________________# Check out My Closed Platform #___________________

Return to “Graphics Development”