Sound Problem with dbsetxlw using 0.5.0 update.

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Don
Engineer
Engineer

Sound Problem with dbsetxlw using 0.5.0 update.

Post by Don »

I am using win98se and OTTD 0.5.0 dated Feb. 27,2007. After updating to 0.5.0 from 0.5.0 RC5. Now I"m seeing a small sound problem with the train whistles or horn in the GRF dbsetxlw. When a train leaves the depot or a station it will sound its whistle or horn. But no soumd when entering a tunnel. No matter how I postion the screen there is no sound at the tunnel. I can hear other sound effects OK like saw mill and etc.... If I disable the GRF and run the orignal trains of TTD. They sound their horns or whistles at all three areas. Other then is small problem of the train sound, 0.5.0 works fine for me. The whistle or horn sound worked fine at tunnels when using RC5,RC4 and RC3 on my computer.
Don
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Which trains are you talking about in the DBSetXLw (v0.82)?
Or attach a savegame.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
DarkFenX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkFenX »

Afair dbsetxl doesn't come with its own sounds, so it's a bit strange...
- It's hot as hell in here.
- You see it too? For me, it's always like this.
-------------------
Jabber: DarkFenX@jabber.org
Don
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Don »

Any of the trains, Steam,Diesel, and Electric. I think theat maybe I go a bad download. Will go back and redownload the New 0.5.0 update.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Aha good, then go back to 0.4.8 and see for yourself that it didn't work there either :). To be exact in fact, it has never worked, not since 0.1.0.

But it's fixed now.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”