River graphics needed! (8bpp)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Xander
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Xander »

I really like the idea this project has but I don't get why about 2 pages in, a Huge swing was made from the already perfect graphics provied here to the Far too rocky tile you keep using...
boekabart
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by boekabart »

Xander wrote:I really like the idea this project has but I don't get why about 2 pages in, a Huge swing was made from the already perfect graphics provied here to the Far too rocky tile you keep using...
I never got a GRF file for those (and don't know how to make one), that's why.
lepkka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lepkka »

this should work fine
Attachments
target.grf
(4.04 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

boekabart wrote:
Xander wrote:I really like the idea this project has but I don't get why about 2 pages in, a Huge swing was made from the already perfect graphics provied here to the Far too rocky tile you keep using...
I never got a GRF file for those (and don't know how to make one), that's why.
Im with Xander actually. I must have missed those before, but I really like Ben's ones! :D
I'll PM him and chase him ;)
Chicago Rail Authority
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Chicago Rail Authority »

Boekabart,

Have you chatted with MB at all? Considering the progress already made on the TTDPatch rivers, etc., it might be worthwhile to combine your efforts - thus helping both projects get to market faster.

Also - regarding the possibility of seeing this in-game (rather than in the scenario editor only), what are everyone's thoughts about the following...

Currently, multiplayer hosts can manipulate most of the settings during the game with little to no warning to other players. Would it be possible to add a function that sends a verification (yes/no) box to all of the other players when some (or all) settings get changed? This way, if the players unanimously agreed that they wanted to be able to spawn rivers, the setting could be changed during gameplay if the other players clicked "yes, I approve" when prompted. Some sort of authorization mechanism would preserve the status quo for 'competitive' multiplayer games that I'm sure many of you play, but also leave open the possibility for on-the-fly tweaks in the more friendly games...

That's more of a general suggestion, but the present focus is on your awesome work :) Keep it up!
Many thanks to those who make OTTD and TTDP possible.
boekabart
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by boekabart »

Chicago Rail Authority wrote:Have you chatted with MB at all? Considering the progress already made on the TTDPatch rivers, etc.
Who is he/she? I haven't been able to find anything on TTDPatch rivers so far, is there anything to see somewhere?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Look at the TTDP Graphics forum.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Chicago Rail Authority
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Chicago Rail Authority »

boekabart wrote:
Chicago Rail Authority wrote:Have you chatted with MB at all? Considering the progress already made on the TTDPatch rivers, etc.
Who is he/she? I haven't been able to find anything on TTDPatch rivers so far, is there anything to see somewhere?
MB= Michael Blunk.

The work I am referring to can be found in the TTDPatch Graphics section, under "River waterside(riverbanks) additions requested"

You should take a look at that ASAP :)
Many thanks to those who make OTTD and TTDP possible.
boekabart
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by boekabart »

Chicago Rail Authority wrote:ASAP :)
I did this morning, and I like the approach. It's very basic and non-dynamic-non-dangerous, and a breeze to implement in OpenTTD (I did that just after). Now, like the TTDPatch users, I'm just waiting for those river gfx!
LordOfThePigs
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LordOfThePigs »

Is there any chance that you can actually use the same as will be used in TTDPatch?
Sometimes I'm told "Brilliant"...
Sometimes I'm told "Charming"...
And Often I'm told "Shut Up"!
boekabart
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by boekabart »

LordOfThePigs wrote:Is there any chance that you can actually use the same as will be used in TTDPatch?
I hope so, I did ask for permission to do so. In the meantime, I made some placeholders... Golden Canal borders! :)
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Xander/Ben_K etc: The graphics I made lacked action colours. I'm wondering if it would be possible though to have the action colours behind, and then have the rocks and splashing water appear as a set of separate sprites on top. (As in attached)

Shading for the different angles would be lost, unless there is a chequered mask on the rock/splashing water layer is used to give darken/lighten the action colour layer beneath, although this may just look poor.

Is this a possibility anyway?
Attachments
downhill water.PNG
downhill water.PNG (11.9 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
Ben

Return to “Graphics Development”