World Wide OpenTTD Game Day

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

#wwottdgd on 27th October 2007

Poll ended at 23 Oct 2007 10:23

good choice, i'm in
81%
sorry, can't join then
19%

Total votes: 21

maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: World Wide OpenTTD Game Day

Post by maartena »

Does this patch also increase the number of allowed companies, or just the number of clients?
Guess what! I got a fever! And the only prescription...... is MORE COWBELL!
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

number of clients only, increasing the number of companies is a little more tricky

none the less, a game with up to 55 clients (as the #wwottdgd binares are patched currently) is still a bunch of fun, and something different than what you are normally used to :-)
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

Hmm, I hope the company limit won't be too much of a problem. I planned to start a company of my own (playing the game from start to finish...), and invite friends of mine to work as a team but... I can't really guarantee that they will have time. :P And you can't easily merge companies in a multiplayer game. :X

One solution would be limiting the game to one company, but that would be little boring. I kinda hate seeing the whole map covered in one color. :lol:
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

Guys, please take part in the vote, we need to know if people are able to participate that day, and how many

Ailure: i'll get back to you on that one you having a company for you and your friends, as per increasing the number of companies available, that most likeley aint gonna happen.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

Ailure wrote:Hmm, I hope the company limit won't be too much of a problem. I planned to start a company of my own (playing the game from start to finish...), and invite friends of mine to work as a team but... I can't really guarantee that they will have time. :P And you can't easily merge companies in a multiplayer game. :X

One solution would be limiting the game to one company, but that would be little boring. I kinda hate seeing the whole map covered in one color. :lol:

Companies can be registered at http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/WWOTTDGD1

please submit nick names of the players that will be in that company...
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

Registered a company with just the name 'Board 2' (formely known as Acmlm board 2) due to the players I'm going to invite comes from that community. The list might seem a little bit short now, but it's going to grow bigger. Just need to ask around first. :P
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

I want to participate.. but I'm unsure how long can I play it. I put my name in the Register here, if unsure..
If someone's going to make those companys of unsure ones, please put me in the best one avilable :D:D

The other thing is that when the 55 player limit comes in way, then I think I don't mind leaving me out. I really can't play at night and I'm not such a good player either. (though in multiplayer cames where have I cooped with someone, they always said wow nice work here etc...and the company where I was, suddenly started to double and triple it's incomes...)

Hope the limit won't be a problem, if it won't, count me in.
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

I'm in. I've already marked this on my calendar so I won't forget :D
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

Hmm, I wonder if the wwottdgd build will at least sync with trunk once before the game. I think lots of people might want to play with "halftile- and anti-zig-zag-foundations" which was just introduced recently. :P
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

as we are still working on last minute patches, i am pretty sure we will have to make a new wwottdgd binary, and that will probably be a newer version...
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

Nooo!! Metroid Prime 3 is out the day before the game day! Which do I play!? :?
Rasing Awareness: Aspergers Syndrome 1 (NAS UK)2 (BBC)3 (YaleDDC)

Something is driving you insane... It is me.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

wwottdgd = 1 day :-)... well actually something along the lines of 36 hours... but it's limited
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

Lol. I just hope i can get this GRF done in time.

dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

just one thing - i find RL more important, so dont let the grf stop you from doing anything with friends or family...
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

Never does anyway. I just don't get out much :D

And trust me, if you knew my friends and family, you'd run :twisted:

LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

AntBUK wrote:Never does anyway. I just don't get out much :D

And trust me, if you knew my friends and family, you'd run :twisted:
I'm sure he would, I myself am even running from your friends :lol:

So it's this saturday---sunday....
I have just one question.. when will the companys (of the ones that haven't choosed anything) formed? So if the companies are being made, I want to speak too. I didn't put myself in any company just because I don't know so much people here, but that doesn't mean I just want to lurk around in that game, but that I want to build and build, but I just doon't know with who....

PS. I hope that game will be the most wonderful and funny game that I have ever played

Lord
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

we have a patch so we can move people around in the game... so it should not really be an issue :-)

actually, afaik we are going to force everybody to join as spectator and move people into their companies, which allows us a certain sanity level :-)
tneo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tneo »

Sounds great and looks promising.

If I can be online for a bit I'm in. Admins can just assign me to any company at that time.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

In the wiki http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/World ... nt_Roadmap it says that all patches are tested together against 11344, but at the goget place for the binaries there are the old ones r11255. Now the question. Are they being compiled now, or is there a place one can get them already. I would like to update my wwottdgd revision but where?... i hope I didn't sound too confuzing :D

OT: Also i can see, that for todays session only source and win32binary have been complied in nightlys sectionhttp://www.openttd.org/nightly.php hmm. that's a question I think I have to ask elsewhere...

Lord
T-Unit
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by T-Unit »

All versions seem to be there when i check. Maybe they just hadn't finished when you checked

Return to “General OpenTTD”