OpenTTD title page competition!

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dopefish_lives
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: OpenTTD title page competition!

Post by Dopefish_lives »

beat this! i just dug this old savegame, i thought it will be perfect for a title screen.
Attachments
opntitle.dat
(94.53 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
lol.jpg
lol.jpg (216.1 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
littlemikey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by littlemikey »

Dopefish_lives wrote:beat this! i just dug this old savegame, i thought it will be perfect for a title screen.
Thanks for that entry. Is it open or strict?
nezzybaby wrote:Rainier watcher, can i just say your signature is p***ing me off. A description of threat levels is essential. If severe is so clear, please answer the following questions, what security procedures should a Military base take on during Severe threat level, how does severe compare to substantial and critical, in terms of security procedures. To me Severe is about as clear as the old terminology "Bikini state: black special", the word means nothing but the description is everything!
Please don't flame other members in this thread. If you have a problem with him, send him a PM or something. Don't hijack my competition. If you have a problem with me, contact an admin.
RainierWatcher
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RainierWatcher »

nezzybaby wrote:Rainier watcher, can i just say your signature is p***ing me off. A description of threat levels is essential. If severe is so clear, please answer the following questions, what security procedures should a Military base take on during Severe threat level, how does severe compare to substantial and critical, in terms of security procedures. To me Severe is about as clear as the old terminology "Bikini state: black special", the word means nothing but the description is everything!
It's nearly always on severe, and nothing ever happens. Almost all the time nothing happens, yet it's always at severe or critical. If the threat was as bad as the gov makes it out to be we'd be having bombings by the week.

Having said that, i'm getting bored with that sig anyway.
Ways of Preventing Death:
* Don't breathe air. Seriously. Everyone born before 1870 breathed the substance at some point in their life and every one of them is dead today. A coincidence? I think not.
Taken from uncyclopedia
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

Xander wrote:
VPN-User wrote:What about changing OpenTTD in a way so that it "plays" various title screens? I mean like a slideshow, Locomotion does this also.
See page 1:
littlemikey wrote:
Quinnyowns wrote:Would it be possible and feasible to have a changing background similar to RollerCoaster Tycoon (RCT)? I liked that a lot - it gave a nice preview of the game and I stole some ideas from it for my parks :) I apologise if you'd rather have this post in the suggestions forum.
You know, I never thought of that, I guess it would be nice, but it would require a big code change. Go ask about it in the suggestions forum.
(Its not possible now, but it may be in the future)
regarding little mikey's comment: depending on what you want there, it's not actually a big code change at all.
If you look at what Rollercoaster Tycoon did, it wasn't very complex: it cycled over a bunch of preset viewpoints on one map for about a minute, then loaded a new random savegame and repeated.

Changing the position of the viewport is actually very simple. I once wrote a small change like that for my spinoff and it worked fine.
The difficulty is the preset viewpoints. It would mean that those viewpoints have to be included in some way (a simple hackish way would be to set signs at the wanted viewpoints with certain names (like 'view 1', 'view 2', etc) and have the menu screen iterate over the location of those signs.

Another idea that I had that looked pretty nice, is to have the screen centered on a specific vehicle. This means the screen continually scrolls as it follows the vehicle around. You could then have it pick a random vehicle every X amount of time. But on old computers this scrolling can slow down things considerably.
Volatar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Volatar »

Oh I would so love it if the background changed. So many of the submissions in this thread are great. I want them all :D

I too found myself watching the background in RCT. Its even cooler with the expansions installed. It cycles through so many great parks...
nezzybaby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by nezzybaby »

First attempt, think i can do a lot better, made the mistake of not leaving a big enough gap in the middle, could have moved the large trains a bit higher. Also accidently set the start year at 1970 or so, wanted the long trains to be maglevs, might leave it running overnight and see if i can alter it tomorrow. This is my submission for the unaltered version, i'm using nightly 11290 with no newgrfs, hope thats ok.....

enjoy

EDIT Just read the rules, I only want the LAST one to be considered in the competition for strict, will leave the files there incase anyone is interested, but only the last one should count competitively!!!
Attachments
nezzytitle.PNG
nezzytitle.PNG (463.86 KiB) Viewed 566 times
opntitle.dat
(25.51 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Last edited by nezzybaby on 16 Jan 2008 10:32, edited 3 times in total.
nezzybaby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by nezzybaby »

Sorry for posting twice, i worked out a few of my problems and have tweaked the camera position, this is now much better, the plan will ultimatly be to replace the bottom right corner with monorail, and the long ones to maglev. hope you like it:

EDIT Just read the rules, I only want the LAST one to be considered in the competition for strict, will leave the files there incase anyone is interested, but only the last one should count competitively!!!
Attachments
opntitle.dat
(29.96 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
nezzytitle.PNG
nezzytitle.PNG (411.19 KiB) Viewed 517 times
Last edited by nezzybaby on 16 Jan 2008 10:31, edited 2 times in total.
nezzybaby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by nezzybaby »

Okies this is the final draft, hope you like it, looks pretty good when everythin is running atthe start, and the title screen doesnt cover to much.

http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=84418
Attachments
opntitle.dat
(43.18 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
nezzytitle.PNG
nezzytitle.PNG (408.21 KiB) Viewed 899 times
Last edited by peter1138 on 21 Jan 2008 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Über-large image
littlemikey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by littlemikey »

Hey guys! The competition is closing soon! Check this thread:

http://tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=35845

To make sure that I have your submission! I'd like to thank all of you who, since this will be one close competition :)

Everyone else, there is still time to submit! The entries close on the 1st of Feburary, get in soon!
Kamerat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kamerat »

One for the strict competition. :)
Attachments
cont.png
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 232 times
opntitle.dat
(159.27 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Last edited by Kamerat on 21 Jan 2008 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
Kamerat on EFnet
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Please don't inline images as this.. Place inline button is enough

@LittleMikey, I can't check if my submissions are in right category, so the one with lot's of water would be strict and the one with t*****d will be open :)
madis
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
littlemikey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by littlemikey »

lordazamath wrote:Please don't inline images as this.. Place inline button is enough

@LittleMikey, I can't check if my submissions are in right category, so the one with lot's of water would be strict and the one with t*****d will be open :)
madis
I think i've got yours LA.

Here's the screenshot of it

And Kamerat thanks for yours too :)
Attachments
opntitle.png
(725.03 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”