OpenTTD Maemo port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD Maemo port

Post by Aegir »

Awesome, I won't bother beating those things in then if you're on top of them. If you don't mind, I'll keep the diff up to date against trunk changes for everyone else here while you're busy. You've kinda been absent for a while, I had to dig around on page three to find this thread again ;).

Also, any chance you can skip appending 'M' to the revision number? I'm not sure it's really needed. The changes for the maemo port don't cause any network desyncs that I've noticed so-far, and it's just one more pain in the arse to change on compile time.

Great work so-far, it's running quite smoothly. Scrolling around a large 512x1024 map on a multiplayer server is a bit slow and choppy (Pretty tollerable when you consider the size of the device sitting in your hands), but the overall game simulation still remains smooth, regardless of how many newgrf's I cram in to my games :).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
pugboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pugboy »

I know I probably shouldn't bump...

but this is my favorite game on the tablets :)

I would love to have the latest stable version (or even nightly :D) on my tablet, but I am not a tablet developer.

Can someone compile this into a .deb or show me how to put this on my tablet? (Would applying the patch work?)

Thanks!
aapo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by aapo »

Hi, I'm making this port again. Left-scroll patch is eventually in upstream. Gpl-graphics is 89% done.
So this port doesn't contain actually any new code, just vanilla svn14884+alpha4.1 graphics.

There are no sounds/musics.

You do not need any other files.

There are not yet any dep/installer/desktop-entry, just binary and (gpl) datas. (start with terminal)

Todo:
*update/check hardware buttons to switch fullscreen -patch
*Not M in version.

too big to attachment. 6.5M
tar.gz / zip
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/rantalai/maemo/

Return to “OpenTTD Development”