Problem to enter into tunnel!

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Problem to enter into tunnel!

Post by ISA »

Hmm I don't know what to say! Trains cant just enter into tunnel (Pictures from two different places) Seems like a train is in the tunnel or something! Using nightly 2072. Ill attach my cfg too! If more investigation is needed then say what :)
Attachments
problem.PNG
problem.PNG (23.13 KiB) Viewed 4929 times
problem1.PNG
problem1.PNG (32.78 KiB) Viewed 4929 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(36.81 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Problem to enter into tunnel!

Post by ISA »

Sry for double post but I did want to say that when I get home Ill post my save game too! I think its really necessary
Edit: Here it is!
Attachments
TRP00.SV1
(305.93 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
copperpen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by copperpen »

I dont have your newgrf.cfg, but going with what I have in my test set, I deleted the tunnel and rebuilt it, the train then passed through, but the next time, stopped again.Same thing happening at the other pair on that line as well. :cry:

There is another tunnel on the other side of Sedingworth Falls where this is happening as well. I have also removed and replaced signals and get the same result, trains run through once. Next time they stop. X(

Dont know what the cause is,yet.

Mervyn
copperpen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by copperpen »

ISA wrote:Yes thats how it happend!
So no help from You!
It is definitely something to do with the way the signalling is set up. If I tell that stopped train to ignore the signal, it will proceed to the next one and stop. Repeat the ignore and it will continue to the station. The tunnel I think has nothing to do with it.

Copperpen
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Just tried your save with your config and had the same problem. When you destroy the tunnel, the signal before changes to green again. When you rebuild the signal, it's green until a train enters the tunnel. Strange.

When I open your save with my own config, everything works fine. Even stranger. So I tried to spot the differences, but after changing all tunnel and signal related switches to my values (isignals off, tsignals off, ctunnel off), the problem persists. So it has to be a different switch or a problem within the save itself.

[EDIT] Also tried psignals off, but it made no difference. [/EDIT]

That said, you should turn lowmemory off. I don't know how exactly that switch works, but the comment says something about loading save games with morevehicles doesn't work (the German comment in my cfg file only states that the switch limits the memory of TTD to 3.5 MB), and your morevehicles switch is set to 3.
Last edited by aahz77 on 15 Dec 2008 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
copperpen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by copperpen »

Try it with isignals, psignals, and tsignals off. The network is running here. It might be my newgrf set, but I had to change some of the freight platforms from ordinary to electric operation.

Copperpen
copperpen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by copperpen »

Perhaps if I detail what I did, it might help. First of all I worked on the first problem area where you have two sets of tunnels. I removed all tunnels and track, lowered the land relaid the track and resignalled it. I let it run for a bit and then saved.

My next step was to turn off I,P and Tsignals switches and set the rest of the signal system like this, experimentalfeatures.signalgui=off
miscmods2.nonewsignalsiggui=on
newsignals=on
pathbasedsignalling.allowunsafereverse=off
pathbasedsignalling.allowunsafejunction=off
pathbasedsignalling.shownonjunctionpath=off
pathbasedsignalling.showreservedpath=on
pathbasedsignalling.preservemanualpresig=off
pathbasedsignalling.manualpbssig=on
pathbasedsignalling.autoconvertpresig=on
presignals=on

I think that is all of them, and I probably have something on where it is not needed, however, this works.

I then ran the savegame again from where the tunnels were deleted and things were fine. I then put the tunnels back in, with the first set shown by you, one square shorter. There was and still is no more stopping at that tunnel, or at the other one you showed which I never even touched.

Copperpen
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Damn I didn't get it to work ;(
I think I did all things right! Even updated the nightly :)
For now I just play without the tunnels, If maybe a dev can look into it whats causing this problem? Or is this known problem?
As I know that before Christmas is busy time, there hasn't been now answer from dev opinion in this thread. One would be useful! Dale? :mrgreen:
Attachments
TRP00.SV1
(319.47 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(36.81 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (74.72 KiB) Viewed 4573 times
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hello again! Maybe I'm just annoying, but still no fix on that!
Just don't know why those trains don't enter into the tunnel! Train just stands there behind red signal light, but theres no one inside the tunnel.
Ill add again a save game and .cfg here.
Attachments
prob.PNG
prob.PNG (112.42 KiB) Viewed 4390 times
TRP00.SV1
(261.8 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(36.81 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Based off this person's issue which seems similar, I suggest you try turning on enhanced tunnels as that fixed their issue.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

I read that post/thread and controlled that my enhanced tunnels is off and it is off, so after that I posted my problem here again.
Very suspicious :|
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Actually, they said it worked when they turned on enhancedtunnels.
(Enable means to turn something on)...

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Oh yes. Sorry, seems like I have misread You and the other thread You pointed! I was very sure that You have wrote off there, don't know why! Again sorry! And yes turning on enhancedtunnels did the trick! Thank You Lakie!

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”