[Patch] Daylength, Cargodist with sprinkles

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Patch] Daylength, Cargodist with sprinkles

Post by Kogut »

Is it possible to merge more height level patch with cargodist++?
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

they should be fairly independent from each other, so merging should be pretty straightforward. you'll have to do that manually yourself, however
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Kogut wrote:Is it possible to merge more height level patch with cargodist++?
As Eddi said, with a little luck, yes. But I'm not going to try it myself. Pulling autosep into these builds was a little risky already, and I'm very uncomfortable with pulling in any more random patches.

PS: expect to see an updated build once fonso pushes out the updated smallmap.
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Here's an updated v1.1.x series build against r19152 including the updated smallmap-zoom-in as merged with trunk, the reworked autosep patch, and ~200 bits of stuff from trunk.

As usual, no savegame compatibility :(

Outdated: See openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19387M

Download: openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19152M-win32.zip (.pdb.gz, .patch, .svn.patch, .log).

The win32 .zip and git .patch are also attached.

Patches included:
  • cargodist
  • automated-timetables-and-separation
  • variable-daylength-01
  • variable-daylength-02-towngrowthfreq
  • variable-daylength-03-autofill-roundoff
  • town-cargo-factor-01
  • daily-autosave-00
  • vehicle-name-length
Crash reports / feedback:
Please report any and all crashes from this build in this thread. It's a good idea to also post the crash.* files that OpenTTD produces, along with any relevant information relating to the crash (such as a recent savegame and a description of the circumstances of the crash).

Additionally, comments or suggestions as to the behavior of the auto-separation patch should go into the Automated timetables and separation topic.

Outdated: See openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19387M
Attachments
openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19152.patch
(326.68 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19152M-win32.zip
(3.96 MiB) Downloaded 261 times
Last edited by SpComb on 14 Mar 2010 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Code: Select all

line 4611		 SLE_CONDREF(Vehicle, ahead_separation,      REF_VEHICLE,                138, SL_MAX_VERSION),
line 4612		 SLE_CONDREF(Vehicle, behind_separation,     REF_VEHICLE,                138, SL_MAX_VERSION),
line 4621 		 SLE_CONDVAR(Vehicle, current_loading_time,  SLE_UINT32,                135, SL_MAX_VERSION),
line 8062		 SDT_CONDVAR(GameSettings, economy.town_cargo_factor,           SLE_INT8, 133, SL_MAX_VERSION, 0, 0,     0,   -16,      +8, 1, STR_CONFIG_SETTING_TOWN_CARGO_FACTOR,      NULL),
line 8070		SDT_CONDBOOL(GameSettings, order.timetable_automated,                      67, SL_MAX_VERSION, 0, 0,  true,                    STR_CONFIG_SETTING_TIMETABLE_AUTOMATED,    NULL),
line 8071		SDT_CONDBOOL(GameSettings, order.timetable_separation,                     67, SL_MAX_VERSION, 0, 0,  true,                    STR_CONFIG_SETTING_TIMETABLE_SEPARATION,   NULL),
Change numbers just before SL_MAX_VERSION to 139 or higher(trunk is at 138) for all of the above lines.

line 8060	SDTG_CONDVAR("daylength_factor",                                 SLE_UINT8, 0, 0, _date_daylength_factor, 1,     1,     255, 1, STR_CONFIG_SETTING_DAYLENGTH_FACTOR,       NULL,                               133, SL_MAX_VERSION),
should read:

SDTG_CONDVAR("daylength_factor",                                 SLE_UINT8, 139, SL_MAX_VERSION, _date_daylength_factor, 1,     1,     255, 1, STR_CONFIG_SETTING_DAYLENGTH_FACTOR,       NULL),
If this line was like that in the daylenght patch you used you really, really should report it there as to me that looks like a major booboo.

It could be that you have to replace:

line 8052		SDTC_CONDOMANY(              gui.autosave,             SLE_UINT8, 23, SL_MAX_VERSION, S, 0, 3, 6, _autosave_interval, STR_NULL, NULL),
to read:

line 8052		SDTC_CONDOMANY(              gui.autosave,             SLE_UINT8, 23, 138, S, 0, 1, 4, _autosave_interval, STR_NULL, NULL),
line 8053		SDTC_CONDOMANY(              gui.autosave,             SLE_UINT8, 139 , SL_MAX_VERSION, S, 0, 3, 6, _autosave_interval, STR_NULL, NULL),
but I am not sure as it might conflict with this:

SDTC_OMANY(gui.autosave,                  SLE_UINT8, S,  0, 3, 6, _autosave_interval,     STR_NULL,                                       NULL),
a few lines below. Also this last line is in the unsaved settings section(that is the reason why I am not sure).

note:
I did not compile and test I just searched for SL_MAX_VERSION in your patchfile.
And if trunk bumps you should change the numbers again.

ps:
Including more heightlevels is not that hard but:
I still am able to crash it by placing airports near the borders.
I still have to extend the purple and dark green smallmap heightlevel colours (no asserts but high levels all have the same colour untill extended).
When clicking the smallmap the main viewport positioning is slightly off since the zoom out option was included and I have not yet tried with fonsos new code. Before the zoom out commit to trunk it was easy (also it was/is the only conflict with cargodist).
If you are willing to deal with the boohoos I could give it a go one of these days.

pps:
Sorry for the messed up coding style but the forum does not allow double spaces(autoreduced to one) and using codeblocks would be table braking.

EDIT:
Thanks Yexo.
Sorry small monitor users.
Last edited by ChillCore on 18 Feb 2010 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

ChillCore wrote:Sorry for the messed up coding style but the forum does not allow double spaces(autoreduced to one) and using codeblocks would be table braking.
It does if you use [ code ] tags (without the spaces), like this:

SLE_CONDREF(Vehicle, ahead_separation,      REF_VEHICLE,                138, SL_MAX_VERSION),
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

ChillCore wrote:If this line was like that in the daylenght patch you used you really, really should report it there as to me that looks like a major booboo.
I wrote it, and it's fully intentional. Note that it's an SDTG_CONDVAR - the arguments to the macro are in a different order. How good a choice this is is questionable, but it saved me from a lot of #include ordering pain.
ChillCore wrote:
Change numbers just before SL_MAX_VERSION to 139 or higher(trunk is at 138) for all of the above lines.
You're right, I really should be fixing these for compatibility up from trunk, at least.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

SpComb wrote:
ChillCore wrote: If this line was like that in the daylenght patch you used you really, really should report it there as to me that looks like a major booboo.
I wrote it, and it's fully intentional. Note that it's an SDTG_CONDVAR - the arguments to the macro are in a different order. How good a choice this is is questionable, but it saved me from a lot of #include ordering pain.
I did not know about the different order. I rest my case.
SpComb wrote:
ChillCore wrote:
SpComb wrote: As usual, no savegame compatibility :(
You're right, I really should be fixing these for compatibility up from trunk, at least.
With the moreheightlevels patch I bumped all values to 200/201 to save me the hassle.
cargodist does the same but uses different values(2 bumps to go).
If you want to do it the same way you should use an enum and not #define as Alberth was so kind to point out to me.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
bluebottle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bluebottle »

Obsolete: New build here.

This is a fresh build of r19152 for Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala), using SpComb's patch here.
  • As with the distro OpenTTD package, you need to have the data files in /usr/share/games/openttd/data/.
  • This build is unstripped to provide more useful core dumps/backtraces.
Download: openttd_cargodist_minipack-r19152-no_debug-unstripped_i386.deb
SpComb wrote: As usual, no savegame compatibility :(

Please report any and all crashes from this build in this thread. It's a good idea to also post the crash.* files that OpenTTD produces, along with any relevant information relating to the crash (such as a recent savegame and a description of the circumstances of the crash).

Additionally, comments or suggestions as to the behavior of the auto-separation patch should go into the Automated timetables and separation topic.
Last edited by bluebottle on 18 Mar 2010 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
michielh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by michielh »

I keep having crashes with the latest build.. The game just keeps freezing at a random point ingame.

I've included the crasfiles :)
Attachments
crash.zip
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
fonso
President
President

Post by fonso »

michielh: That's most likely a problem with the time table patch. The dump shows that somewhere, probably in UpdateVehicleTimetable(), the vehicle pointer v becomes NULL, which causes a Segfault later. But I can't quite get the MSVC IDE to match up the binary with the correct source code, so I can't give exact line numbers.
The guy on the picture is not me, it's Alonso.
Gathers
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gathers »

The "Bytes at instruction pointer" in crash.log is the exact same as for a crash I fixed in autosep 0.71 (latest as of mar 6th) so it's probably that bug.

(To work around it, make sure to stop or de-automate vehicles before removing their shared orders, as that should be what triggers the bug.)
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Outdated: See openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19527M

Not dead yet! Here's an updated build to bring us further along trunk/cdist, as well as a fixed autosep for this crash.

Note that for this build, I tweaked the saveload versions a little. This build should now be able to load savegames from all previous official versions, as well as the matching cargodist version. As with cargodist, this build does not support loading games from previous versions of this build.

Download: openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19387M-win32.zip (.pdb.gz, .patch, .svn.patch, .log).

Patches included:
  • cargodist
  • variable-daylength-01
  • town-cargo-factor-01
  • daily-autosave-00
  • vehicle-name-length
Savegame compatibility:
This build should be able to load games saved by all official OpenTTD versions, as well as the matching vanilla cargodist build.

Please report any and all crashes from this build in this thread, unless you can also reproduce them in a nightly or cargodist/autosep build.

It's a good idea to also post the crash.* files that OpenTTD produces, along with any relevant information relating to the crash (such as a recent savegame and a description of the circumstances of the crash).

Outdated: See openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19527M
Attachments
openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19387.patch
(347.28 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19387M-win32.zip
(3.98 MiB) Downloaded 236 times
Last edited by SpComb on 03 Apr 2010 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
bluebottle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bluebottle »

Obsolete, check here.

This is a build of r19387 for Ubuntu 9.10 Linux (Karmic Koala), using SpComb's patch here. Check that post for information on the patches included as well as any caveats.
  • As with the distro OpenTTD package, you need to have the data files in /usr/share/games/openttd/data/.
  • This build is unstripped to provide more useful core dumps/backtraces.
Download: openttd_cargodist_minipack-r19387-no_debug-unstripped_i386.deb
Please report any and all crashes from this build in this thread, unless you can also reproduce them in a nightly or cargodist/autosep build.

It's a good idea to also post the crash.* files that OpenTTD produces, along with any relevant information relating to the crash (such as a recent savegame and a description of the circumstances of the crash).

Thanks SpComb!
Last edited by bluebottle on 04 Apr 2010 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
bokkie
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by bokkie »

SpComb wrote:Crash reports / feedback:

Tried to change a road to one-way but then OpenTTD crashed on me: it's reproducible every time. It doesn't happen when building a new (one-way) road.

EDIT: also, seperation works strangely... on a route taking 93 days, with 3 busses the difference in starting date is 15 days (should be 23). With 6 busses, it's about 14 (should be 13, which is about right). And when selling busses until there are 2, the difference in starting date is 5 (should be 54, route now takes 109 days) even after FF-ing a few years.
Attachments
crash.png
OpenTTD.zip
dmp+log
(156.24 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Hardermuiden Transport, 1950-10-01.sav
Just try to convert a road to one-way
(238.32 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

bokkie wrote:Tried to change a road to one-way but then OpenTTD crashed on me: it's reproducible every time. It doesn't happen when building a new (one-way) road.
Thanks. I'll have to take a better look at this later; the assertion itself is very generic, so I can't tell very much from it. It might be fixed in a newer trunk revision; I somewhat doubt that any of these patches affect the road code directly.
Gathers
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gathers »

bokkie wrote:EDIT: also, seperation works strangely... on a route taking 93 days, with 3 busses the difference in starting date is 15 days (should be 23). With 6 busses, it's about 14 (should be 13, which is about right). And when selling busses until there are 2, the difference in starting date is 5 (should be 54, route now takes 109 days) even after FF-ing a few years.
Which busses are you talking about? I had a quick look at your savegame (had some missing AIs and grf's) but couldn't spot any obvious bugs. Sometimes the difference in starting date seemed off but if I stopped other traffic or removed busses it seemed ok again. It might just be that traffic often makes the travel-times so random that this difference fluctuates?

Though if you could recreate this behaviour in a more "controlled" area on a map I'd be glad to take a deeper look! :)

(please post any future replies concerning separation in this thread)
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Wow! The autosep patch really works! I had been playing "vanilla" OTTD for awhile when 1.0 came out, and I hate when buses bunch up.

The combo of cargodist with daylength and autosep really rocks!!! :D These buses were running nose-to-tail, and as soon as the auto timetable kicked in, they separated as seen in the screenshot. Now I have virtual bus drivers who can actually drive a route and keep a schedule- better than real life. :roll:
Muir & Co., 6th Dec 1986.png
Who is John Galt?
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

bokkie wrote:Tried to change a road to one-way but then OpenTTD crashed on me: it's reproducible every time. It doesn't happen when building a new (one-way) road.
Building a one-way road on on a town-owned road crashed in vanilla trunk r19387 (while trying to display the town's manager-face in the resulting error message, no less).

---

Here's an updated build to stabilize the road code, as well as an updated autosep (make it 0.72 now).

Download: openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19527M-win32.zip (.pdb.gz, .patch, .svn.patch, .log).

Patches included:
  • cargodist
  • variable-daylength-01
  • town-cargo-factor-01
  • daily-autosave-00
  • vehicle-name-length
Savegame compatibility:
This build should be able to load games saved by all previous official OpenTTD versions, as well as the matching vanilla cargodist build.

Attachments
openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19527.patch
(337.71 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
openttd-cargodist-minipack-r19527M-win32.zip
(3.96 MiB) Downloaded 248 times
bluebottle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bluebottle »

Obsolete: check here

This is a build of r19527 for Ubuntu 9.10 Linux (Karmic Koala), using SpComb's patch above. Check that post for information on the patches included as well as any caveats.
  • This build is unstripped to provide better (i.e. useful) core dumps/backtraces.
Download: openttd_cargodist_minipack-r19527-no_debug-unstripped-i386.deb

Last edited by bluebottle on 11 Apr 2010 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”