[OTTD] QCM's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
qcm
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] QCM's Screenshots

Post by qcm »

Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to the forums but I've been playing OpenTTD for a few years now.

After quite some time playing vanilla OTTD, I discovered the joy of NewGRFs and, since then, my goal when playing was almost always to make the most beautiful cities and stations, and today I present you some of my finest screenshots. Enjoy!

This is Montreal Central, my first station with the dutch set. I'm quite proud of how it came out!
Montreal Central_800x600.png
Montreal Central_800x600.png (169.28 KiB) Viewed 5743 times

This is Berlin, my first city go get to 50k population. This was before I learned Total Town Replacement Set had an "all eras" setting, but it still looks great.
Berlin_800x600.png
Berlin_800x600.png (213.81 KiB) Viewed 5743 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] QCM's Screenshots

Post by STD »

Good screenshots. Post more :)
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice first post. Please give us a few more of those awesome posts! :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
qcm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qcm »

Thanks guys. You're both the inspiration that got me into making more elaborated, eye-candy stations. Are you participating in this month's SOTM?
Anyways, here's some more screenshots.
The Longueuil industrial center, with an airport and a food industry. One of my older games
The Longueuil industrial center, with an airport and a food industry. One of my older games
longueuil.png (200.15 KiB) Viewed 5659 times
The Costco Distribution Center of St. Tropez is really busy most of the year, as there is no snow on this part of the globe!
The Costco Distribution Center of St. Tropez is really busy most of the year, as there is no snow on this part of the globe!
st-tropez distribution center.png (67.62 KiB) Viewed 5659 times
The stockyard industry is deep in the woods of Boucherville. Workers go in and out and makes this station a beautiful symbol of knowledge, dedication and hard work. I'm quite proud of it.
The stockyard industry is deep in the woods of Boucherville. Workers go in and out and makes this station a beautiful symbol of knowledge, dedication and hard work. I'm quite proud of it.
stockyard.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 5658 times
Last edited by qcm on 15 Mar 2014 03:51, edited 1 time in total.
qcm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qcm »

Pierre-Elliott Trudeau (YUL) airport in Dorval.
Pierre-Elliott Trudeau (YUL) airport in Dorval.
dorval.png (84.17 KiB) Viewed 937 times
Greensville.PNG
Greensville and its Central Station
(671.64 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Brewster.PNG
The train system between Brewster and Aphex, with a food processing plant, an heliport, and an underground train railworks system
(634.32 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very good screenshots :) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
qcm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qcm »

STD wrote:Very good screenshots :) .
Thanks!
McMasterville Factory.png
McMasterville Factory.png (177.73 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
Trudeau Bridge.png
Trudeau Bridge.png (57.29 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
Oxbury coal mine.png
Oxbury coal mine.png (178.64 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
qcm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qcm »

I'm starting a new game as a company called QTS (Quebec Transport Services). Here are some of the best-looking spots so far.
The Montréal vieux-port, the center of most industrial activity in the city. Ships come and go to deliver supplies from overseas while trains transport goods to houses, shops and nearby industries.
The Montréal vieux-port, the center of most industrial activity in the city. Ships come and go to deliver supplies from overseas while trains transport goods to houses, shops and nearby industries.
vieux-port.png (183.31 KiB) Viewed 5320 times
Downtown Montreal. Here you can see the skyscrapers reaching for the skies, the luxurious Reine-Élizabeth hotel, the tram (streetcar) system and the QTS headquarters next to the church.
Downtown Montreal. Here you can see the skyscrapers reaching for the skies, the luxurious Reine-Élizabeth hotel, the tram (streetcar) system and the QTS headquarters next to the church.
montreal.png (209.74 KiB) Viewed 5320 times
For those who are wondering what NewGRFs I'm using, here is a list of all the ones I'm using in my current game.
For those who are wondering what NewGRFs I'm using, here is a list of all the ones I'm using in my current game.
newgrf.png (14.09 KiB) Viewed 5320 times
By the way, does anyone know where I can find the rest of VAST stations/objects?
qcm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qcm »

kamnet wrote:VAST Stations 0.2.0
VAST+ Fences 0.2.0
VAST Objects 0.3.0
VAST Infrastructure is incomplete and only has a foundation, not worth it yet IMO
I can't find 0.3.0 in the online content like the thread suggests, but oh well. I'll just keep VAST stations and objects 0.2.0, I'm fine with it.
qcm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qcm »

Thanks a lot, you're awesome!

edit: I installed vast objects 0.3.0 and it doesn't appear in neither objects or station tiles... hm. is it because I'm using an outdated version of openttd (1.2.3) ?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

You'll need either OpenTTD 1.4.0 (currently in release candidate) or a build based on r25230.
qcm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qcm »

Oh, I see. Thanks for the tip :)

And now, some new screenshots!
The industrial park of Port-Cartier, servicing coal and iron ore to a metal workshop a few towns away.
The industrial park of Port-Cartier, servicing coal and iron ore to a metal workshop a few towns away.
port-cartier.png (179.53 KiB) Viewed 5181 times
A new town, Québec, is born! It's already full of residents thanks to a monorail station and cheap condos.
A new town, Québec, is born! It's already full of residents thanks to a monorail station and cheap condos.
quebec.png (177.06 KiB) Viewed 5181 times
the Rimouski Central station between the East and West part of town. Its underpass gives directly to the metro station underneath it.
the Rimouski Central station between the East and West part of town. Its underpass gives directly to the metro station underneath it.
rimouski.png (176.48 KiB) Viewed 5181 times
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Nice shots, especially the freight stations :)
...the TTRS skyscrapers really bug me lately though. Yay for small villages with a 50-floor office building in the center ^^
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Pyoro wrote:Nice shots, especially the freight stations :)
...the TTRS skyscrapers really bug me lately though. Yay for small villages with a 50-floor office building in the center ^^
Yes, the good screenshots :D . Looks strange, when in the middle of a small city stands tall office building.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Yeah I don't like that about TTRS either, but I don't know of a solution.
qcm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by qcm »

What I usually do is bulldoze the skyscraper and hope it's replaced with something a little more... realistic

but yeah it can be quite annoying, like those really big buildings in a agricultural town :roll:
sun valley.PNG
(692.98 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

Looking good bro!!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:Yeah I don't like that about TTRS either, but I don't know of a solution.
I typically play with multiple town sets. Adding in UK Towns or Polish Building Set helps a lot.

Return to “Screenshots”